Hacking Official wuphax v1.1 - Hacking vWii from WiiU Mode

Jakic007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello,
I have Wii U 5.5.1 E without any mods, CFW or anything. Almost stock. I have homebrew on my SD cart and I run it with wiiubru.com site. So no customisations or custom apps are installed on my console. I have used that just to run loadiine. Do I need to do some modifications or install Homebrew Chanel for my Wii U before I start with this guide or it is OK to run everything with wiiubru.com? I don't know how to explain better. Hope you understand me. And can I keep everything I need for Wii U and loadiine on my SD card during softmoding vWii?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know that you've bumped more than 8% of your posts? Please don't do that because bumping suggests that you believe that you are entitled to twice as much attention as the people who wait for their answers. When someone wants to answer you, they will.

Hello,
I have Wii U 5.5.1 E without any mods, CFW or anything. Almost stock. I have homebrew on my SD cart and I run it with wiiubru.com site. So no customisations or custom apps are installed on my console. I have used that just to run loadiine. Do I need to do some modifications or install Homebrew Chanel for my Wii U before I start with this guide or it is OK to run everything with wiiubru.com? I don't know how to explain better. Hope you understand me. And can I keep everything I need for Wii U and loadiine on my SD card during softmoding vWii?
Wuphax will elevate its own access, so you don't need a cfw. You can leave your other apps and files on the SD. Just make sure that you have room for the original channel backup (a few MB I think), and that the SD isn't write-protected.

Reactions: Jakic007

darthfusion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

My apologies if I come off sounding like a nub, I am new to the scene.

Upon reading this guide, this sounds like a better place to start than the Smash Bros edit, but I'm a bit confused with the following:
"Download the hackmii installer and put only the boot.elf from that zip on your sd card root.
Make sure to unplug any and all usb devices before following any of these steps.
Put the wuphax.elf into your wiiu/apps folder on your sd card and run it in homebrew launcher"

Doesn't this process *INSTALL* the homebrew launcher?

I downloaded the boot.elf and placed it in the sd root. I have the wuphax.elf in wiiu\apps. Is that all there is to it? I have seen people talking about compiling, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Thank you in advance for any pointers^^

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the wuphax.elf into your wiiu/apps folder on your sd card and run it in homebrew launcher"

Doesn't this process *INSTALL* the homebrew launcher?
Homebrew Launcher is the WiiU side's utility for running homebrew. Homebrew Channel is for the vWii side, and that gets installed when you get to the point of running the replaced Mii Channel. Wuphax runs on the WiiU in normal WiiU mode, but it reaches into the vWii's storage and makes changes there so that your vWii can become hacked without one of the (previously) required games.

It is assumed that you already know how to run WiiU homebrew and that you already have Homebrew Launcher. If you don't, read through the stickies in this forum.

darthfusion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Homebrew Launcher is the WiiU side's utility for running homebrew. Homebrew Channel is for the vWii side, and that gets installed when you get to the point of running the replaced Mii Channel. Wuphax runs on the WiiU in normal WiiU mode, but it reaches into the vWii's storage and makes changes there so that your vWii can become hacked without one of the (previously) required games.

It is assumed that you already know how to run WiiU homebrew and that you already have Homebrew Launcher. If you don't, read through the stickies in this forum.

Thanks for the clarification^^ - I was checking around, and there is a pretty solid guide on github that incorporates wuphax, as opposed to the Smash bros/Batman method, so I was able to figure out what I was missing :) (I was initially confused as the definitive and ultimate stickies both involve the Smash bros/Batman method)

Last edited by darthfusion,
Reactions: nexusmtz

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't use this since my system has homebrew channel installed when the system was released back in 2012. I had super smash bros brawl and 2GB SD card from my 3DS to do the stage builder exploit. But does this install the screen fixed homebrew channel that doesn't have the title id LULZ In it?

Another question, can it be used to install other kinds of channels like wiiflow or emulator channles? I don't mean forwarders i mean like full channels. A working NES Emulator that doesn't need the SD CARD or USB inserted with ELF on it kind of loading. Like how riivolution can be installed.

Genocidalraven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. New to the hacking scene and just tried following this guide. Everything goes fine to the part where I launch the Mii Maker on vwii and then some text pops up and nothing happens after that, it is just a blank screen. Can anyone help me out?

Skelling

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys! I installed haxchi coldboot on my Wii U and everything's working fine. Now i'm trying to do the vwii.
I ran wuphax and then booted in Vwii. started the mii channel and then got that only the homebrew channel can be installed, i go ahead and get a "Exception (DSI) occured". I need to pull out the power plug to restart it. Do you know whats going on?

Thanks!

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Superb stuff.

What happens when you do the old "Delete All Content and Settings" Wii U factory reset? Does it disappear as if it was never there?

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hi, hope someone can help me, i have my wii u on latest firmware and i use haxchi to load my wii u games.

So my question is, am i safe to use the same sd card im already using for the wiiu side, and as i have haxchi installed do i need to anything else to get this running ie: nothing on my sd will get deleted??

TIA

EDITED: all i did was keep my original sd with everything on and follow the OP, everything works fine with the same sd for vWii and Wii u.

regards

Last edited by digitalforums,

dwray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i use the same usb device that i use for my wii u games for my vwii, will it format it?

No because the Wii U uses a file system only readable by the Wii U. The vWii will not be able to use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDITED: all i did was keep my original sd with everything on and follow the OP, everything works fine with the same sd for vWii and Wii u.

regards

After modding my vWii, I just put in my old Wii SD card and was surprised it loaded everything up and didnt have to do much after. I still have to get WiiFlow setup, but all my other homebrew and emulators fired right up as if I was on my real Wii.

dosmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this mod and using multiple mod manager got homebrew installed as a channel on vwii. Tried using a usb loader gx forwarder successfully installed with no luck. System would just freeze and show the black exception screen. I then tried running the latest versions of USB loader, USB loader GX, and Wiiflow through homebrew channel with zero luck. The closest I came was with USB Loader GX, though at startup it said I was using ios58 and some games would not work. It shows all my games in the menu but when I attempt to fire them up it crashes.

Notably my wiiU is running redNAND with Mocha CFW and cold boot haxchi. When I launch I boot to vwii homebrew channel. I'm using my old modded wii hdd (which has always run my wbfs formatted backups no problem) connected to the top USB port and my wiiU hdd connected to the bottom while running off a 64gb sd that I have both the vwii and wiiu stuff on. Also, when I did this workaround it said it could install the homebrew but couldn't install bootmii for whatever reason. Any help would be great as I'd like to have the ability to play both my wii and wiiU backups through the same console and hdmi and eliminate the original wii altogether. Hoping it's as simple as I need a different loader?

Last edited by dosmosis,

makodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If I already "hacked" my wii U using WUPInstaller and then I want to softmod the vWii using wuphax, Is it possible? and will it be damaging the game that installed in wii u using wupinstaller?

Thanks

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I already "hacked" my wii U using WUPInstaller and then I want to softmod the vWii using wuphax, Is it possible? and will it be damaging the game that installed in wii u using wupinstaller?
Yes, you can do that. No, wuphax does not damage any installed games.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks nexusmtz.
One more, after restore the mii channel from sd card by pressing "B" and after it finishes what next step to do if I want to play game from sd card/hdd?.
Hopefully you installed Homebrew Channel before you restored the Mii channel. From there, you should take a look at the vWii Hacking Guide, but skip the "Installing the Homebrew Channel" part (all the business about using a save and game to get to where you already are.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: