Official wuphax v1.1 - Hacking vWii from WiiU Mode

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by FIX94, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The forwarder that gets injected into Mii Channel does support SDHC and (FAT32) SDXC, what you use as boot.elf may or may not :)

CatmanFan likes this.
  2. AManOfThings123456789

AManOfThings123456789 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    The Wii is so easy to hack, you don't even need the original console!

3. Borichko

Borichko Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Hi there, please i stack with wuphaxBackup.app and i need new one, with original configuration before patch, i see thet you send before (2016) one user a PM with file. Can you help me and send to me... Thx

4. andylangbo

andylangbo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    Hi guys. Noob here and I forgot to unplug my usb drive when I installed. As a result the HBC is installed but wont load. Is there a way I can undo and reinstall correctly..or sort this otherwise?

5. Sagento

Sagento Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Hey @chadtheyakuza have you tried downloading all titles for the US NAND IOS files to rebuild a NAND in case of a crash? I attempted that but when I packed the wads using the WUSD 1.9 the sizes appeared to miss-match. I even attempted to install a brand new NAND using stock WADs but I got some funny looking grey screen I so I reverted back to my NAND backup. I noticed that cert.sys does not download with the wads and there's another file called space.sys which is currently inside my current NAND which I did not see either. I also noticed (comparing NANDs, using Beyond Compare) that the current IOS files and the ones from NUSD, some of them are the same size but some aren't. Have you experienced the same? PM me if necessary.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@andylangbo repeat the process, uninstall the HBC, and install it back up. That should do the trick.

6. baba_944

baba_944 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2013
    United States
    So after I installed this, where can I place the Homebrew apps?

7. Sagento

Sagento Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    @baba_944 You have to be a little bit more specific than that, like what kind of homebrew app, for instance? And what did you install exactly and what method did you use. -Sagento.

8. andylangbo

andylangbo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    Thanks for your reply. Have tried that but just getting HBC blue underwater background and nothing else...any other suggestions at all?

9. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    You don't need CFW enabled to use Wuphax, right? Since Wuphax initiates IOSUhax as shown in this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/g4l6yn
    Just asking because wiiu.guide has you launch CFW before using wuphax but that doesn't make sense. I made an issue about it.

10. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    i used it yesterday with no cfw

MattKimura likes this.
  11. Robertuxo

Robertuxo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2009
    I'm having same problem.
    What happen, help please help.
    Mii Channel get a black screen
    I go to use Homebrew Launcher installed on WiiU with Haxchi preinstalled for boot with WiiU (Homebrew Launcher is 2.0) I use wuphax, I go to Mii Channel and I get a black screen.

I think that recover the Mii channel with the backup and use wuphax with homebrew launcher again, but I lose the backup of Mii Channel.

What happen? Why I get black screen when i want install hbc with Mii Channel?

Help please help

Sorry for my bad english, I am not english!

12. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I don't know why so many people don't backup and save their mii channel. We see thread after thread about this. People begging for copies of the mii channel

13. Robertuxo
    This message by Robertuxo has been removed from public view by Cyan, Sep 3, 2017, Reason: spam.
    Aug 10, 2017
  14. Robertuxo
    This message by Robertuxo has been removed from public view by Cyan, Sep 3, 2017, Reason: spam.
    Aug 12, 2017
  15. Robertuxo
    Aug 16, 2017
  16. Robertuxo
    This message by Robertuxo has been removed from public view by Cyan, Sep 3, 2017, Reason: offtopic, multiple post in different threads.
    Aug 21, 2017
  17. Gougnek

Gougnek Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2017
    Switzerland
    Hi,
    When executing the hack, I know I executed the backup step for the Mii Channel. But at that time, I forgot to restore it. I kept images of the SD cards of several steps of the hack, so I hope that the backup of the Mii Channel should still be here. But I cannot find any file named "Mii Channel.app" or something similar... In which path and under which names does Wuphax store the Mii Channel backup ?

Cheers.

18. DatKanaalHier

DatKanaalHier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2017
    Netherlands
    My Mii channel is not restored.

19. ChrisEvans1212

ChrisEvans1212 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2015
    I have tried using the wuphax installer. I can get the HBC to appear on the vWii, but when I launch the HBC I don't get cursor/pointer on the screen! Sure I can use the d-pad to select which app I want to load; but I don't get the cursor in any homebrew app. This is a particular problem for Genplus GX (sega emulator) and wiiFlow.

I've searched youtube for videos of people using the HBC on vWII and nobody seems to be using the cursor (d-pad only). Can I assume that the cursor is broken for HBC on vWii?

20. ahmad

ahmad Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2007
    New Zealand
  21. Uzuki

Uzuki Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    Is it safe to delete boot.elf and wuphax after installing HBC and restoring the Mii channel?

22. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Yes.

23. Templemann

Templemann Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    United States
    Hi! Needing help with wuphax. So, I used wuphax to install CTGP-R for Mario Kart Wii. I installed it, and everything went smooth. But for some reason, when I use the homebrew launcher from Wii U's Internet browser and press B to restore my Mii channel, it just loads ctgp anyway. I have a wuphaxBackup.app in my SD card. Any help here?

Last edited by Templemann, Aug 27, 2018
  24. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Just obtain a Mii Channel wad (from any Wii game's update partition, nusdownloader, etc - it's not incompatible between Wii and Vwii, in fact the original Wii version is superior) and install it