Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yea I got that error while updating Super Mario Maker. Yes I self hosted. Left the console on for like 30 minutes and turned it off and on, and it was installed. Couldn't seem to get any other game to work though, unfortunately.
Couldn't get Splatoon to work even when self hosted. I'll try Mario Maker now.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I think I've managed to mod WUPinstaller to work. The source files crediar provides on github seem to be incomplete and was possibly using an older version of ksploit? There's no MAKE file, and the compiler throws a fit about his void** conditional that I don't know enough about C to debug myself, so I had to disable that part. Thus, use this at your own risk, as this has some safeguards removed that need to have their addresses fixed to stop throwing a fit on 5.4. I don't think it should cause any issues though.

It allowed me to install the Splatoon update and the system recognized it and allowed me to transfer it around. I will try SSBU next to see how it does. Have to go to bed right now though.

Due to certain things I did though, I can't be sure this fully works, so hopefully someone here is willing to test it on Splatoon. After you click the Wii U Menu button after it runs the second time, the screen should freeze and "Internet Browser" should popup near the bottom. Let it sit that way for a good hour and then reset your console.

edit: Oh, also, make sure to delete the existing failed update data or corrupt data if you have any before doing it.

Attachments

• WUPinstaller_Kakkoii_v1.1.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 261
Last edited by Kakkoii,

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I think I've managed to mod WUPinstaller to work. The source files crediar provides on github seem to be incomplete. There's no MAKE file, and the compiler throws a fit about his void** conditional that I don't know enough about C to debug myself, so I had to disable that part. Thus, use this at your own risk, as this has some safeguards removed that need to have their addresses fixed to stop throwing a fit on 5.4. I don't think it should cause any issues though.

It allowed me to install the Splatoon update and the system recognized it and allowed me to transfer it around. I will try SSBU next to see how it does. Have to go to bed right now though.

Due to certain things I did though, I can't be sure this fully works, so hopefully someone here is willing to test it on Splatoon. After you click the Wii U Menu button after it runs, the screen should freeze and "Internet Browser" should popup near the bottom. Let it sit that way for a good hour and then reset your console.
I don't play splatoon much so I'll be the guinea pig.

Although I did just try to update SMM locally hosted for like 30 minutes and it didn't install (Wasn't locked out though) but that file was over 200MB so that might be why.

I'll leave it on to update overnight; I'll post results in 6-8 hours :)

Last edited by ShinkoNet,
Reactions: Ichii Giki

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't play splatoon much so I'll be the guinea pig.

Although I did just try to update SMM locally hosted for like 30 minutes and it didn't install (Wasn't locked out though) but that file was over 200MB so that might be why.

I'll leave it on to update overnight; I'll post results in 6-8 hours :)
WUPinstaller has to be run a second time to start installing. The first time it runs the exploit, then the second time around it runs some custom code through kernel. If you're not locked out, it's unlikely it's working.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I think I've managed to mod WUPinstaller to work. The source files crediar provides on github seem to be incomplete and was possibly using an older version of ksploit? There's no MAKE file, and the compiler throws a fit about his void** conditional that I don't know enough about C to debug myself, so I had to disable that part. Thus, use this at your own risk, as this has some safeguards removed that need to have their addresses fixed to stop throwing a fit on 5.4. I don't think it should cause any issues though.

Due to certain things I did though, I can't be sure this fully works, so hopefully someone here is willing to test it on Splatoon. After you click the Wii U Menu button after it runs the second time, the screen should freeze and "Internet Browser" should popup near the bottom. Let it sit that way for a good hour and then reset your console.

edit: Oh, also, make sure to delete the existing failed update data or corrupt data if you have any before doing it.

I can report that I was able to install the "Yoshi's Woolly World" update the normal way. And thank you for this! My Splatoon install is currently borked, so it can't get much worse. I'll give this a whirl and let it run while I sleep for the next few hours. ;)

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WUPinstaller has to be run a second time to start installing. The first time it runs the exploit, then the second time around it runs some custom code through kernel. If you're not locked out, it's unlikely it's working.
nah it threw an error 0x00000000 and I definitely did the OSDriver kernel exploit first. I'm using a tier 10 32GB SD too :P There was also unnecessary data. Probably because I only ran SMM once to generate save data.

Anyways I ran it, I pressed the physical home menu on the gamepad after your screen and text disappeared and now it's frozen? Is that what's supposed to happen? I didn't get an error this time.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nah it threw an error 0x00000000 and I definitely did the OSDriver kernel exploit first. I'm using a tier 10 32GB SD too :P There was also unnecessary data. Probably because I only ran SMM once to generate save data.

Anyways I ran it, I pressed the physical home menu on the gamepad after your screen and text disappeared and now it's frozen? Is that what's supposed to happen? I didn't get an error this time.
Uhh, I hadn't tested it with the physical button, just the on screen button to go home. It should bring you to your Wii U desktop with all your games and whatnot there, but frozen.

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uhh, I hadn't tested it with the physical button, just the on screen button to go home. It should bring you to your Wii U desktop with all your games and whatnot there, but frozen.
It's over the internet browser like you said so it should work... Anyways thanks for helping and hopefully it will work :D

Will I need to do a hard reset after a good 6-8 hours or so? Or will it unfreeze on it's own? :P

Last edited by ShinkoNet,

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's over the internet browser like you said so it should work... Anyways thanks for helping and hopefully it will work :D

Will I need to do a hard reset after a good 6-8 hours or so? Or will it unfreeze on it's own? :P
You'll need to hard reset. Also for reference it only took me around 20 min for Splatoon, maybe less. That's with a really fast card though.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@05sonicblue can you host this? I would love to test as some of my updates are broken and I'm sure I'm not the only one. You've done so much for us already and I know I'm asking for a lot :/ but it would greatly be appreciated

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wounder if I can install the new SSBU Update. Already downloaded 6 GB Patch my WIIU just have 3 GB Free lol :D
The latest update for SSBU comes out to about 1.7GB, so you should be able to :)

@05sonicblue can you host this? I would love to test as some of my updates are broken and I'm sure I'm not the only one. You've done so much for us already and I know I'm asking for a lot :/ but it would greatly be appreciated
Here, give this a shot: http://tinyurl.com/WUPin54

Reactions: Naderino

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok so I launched that site two times now I stuck at the home screen is this supposed to happen? Like not the error screen? Ty

Looks like it have to stuck it worked thou thanks! I let it 15 min with a class 10 card was more than enough. Actually to measure how much time it needs is to check if the card is warm atleast mine wasnt so maybe even 10 min was enough. Now trying SSB
J43iyplh.jpg

Last edited by Xalyy,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I launched that site two times now I stuck at the home screen is this supposed to happen? Like not the error screen? Ty
By the way the new SSB Euro Update comes in at 2.23GB not 1.70GB mentioned above. I had to download it twice off NUS, the first time it came in at 1.70GB for some odd reason and it would not install with wupinstaller I downloaded it again to make sure and it came in at 2.23GB on the second download so that was the mistake, NUS had not downloaded it fully for some reason so yes check it again if wupinstaller wont install it!. Also make sure you format your sd card fat32 else if not this can cause the frozen screen on second boot to main menu, nothing else and also make sure your folder on your sd card says install "lower case i, not capital I"on the second boot of wupinstaller go to the home menu press X to go to the mii plaza and you need to leave it there for at least 2 hours or so to install the SSB update properly, it takes a while to complete else it will be corrupt!

Last edited by Reecey,

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany

Thank you very much for this one. I was able to update splatoon :)

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Looks like it have to stuck it worked thou thanks! I let it 15 min with a class 10 card was more than enough. Actually to measure how much time it needs is to check if the card is warm atleast mine wasnt so maybe even 10 min was enough. Now trying SSB
J43iyplh.jpg

Okay I updated SSB too 20 was enough for a 2.2gb update :O

Reactions: Kakkoii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Brb.....yawn.....I'm back