Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Hornet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a typo in some of Hatanaka's dialogue in Chapter 2 after returning to the office after seeing Yashiro's performance in Shibuya. He says "It's a hoto book featruing Ms. Shimazaki." I'm thinking it should say "photo book" Also, in the very next thing he says, he says "photobook", which probably needs a space between photo and book since every other mention of photo books has a space. :unsure:

The patch I'm on is a few days old, this may have already been fixed. If you want to see what I'm talking about, I can provide a save right before the scene if needed.

Last edited by Hornet,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I found a typo in some of Hatanaka's dialogue in Chapter 2 after returning to the office after seeing Yashiro's performance in Shibuya. He says "It's a hoto book featruing Ms. Shimazaki." I'm thinking it should say "photo book" Also, in the very next thing he says, he says "photobook", which probably needs a space between photo and book since every other mention of photo books has a space. :unsure:

The patch I'm on is a few days old, this may have already been fixed. If you want to see what I'm talking about, I can provide a save right before the scene if needed.
already fixed.

Reactions: Hornet

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've updated the guide by Cyan in the OP a little to be more specific at the patcher steps.

I've also added a Know Crashes and Issues section to the OP. Some crashes that have been reported have actually been occuring on the Western version of the game without the patch as well, so we can't really do much about that unfortunatly.

Dehumanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Almost done with chapter 5 and the game still hasn't crashed once.
The only bug I've seen is 2 bosses attacking 7 times in a row and 11 times in a row, idk if it's infinite because everyone died.

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i am dumping the game at the minute. been going about 3 hours. the titledumper says its going at 999kb /1mb sec. so if the game is 12 gb it should almost be there...
Right? RIGHT?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ive done pretty much everything up to getting homebrew launcher to actually start on the wii u. everythings on my SD card, i did the kernel thing. tried running the HBL file on my own local server, but that just came up with errors. and wiiubru crashes the wiiu.

is there a size limit on the SD card? im currently using a 32gig SDHC (formatted my old 3DS card). and yes, its fat32.

did you do a Full or quick format. if it was quick i would recommend doing a full, especially for a card that was used for something else previously

Shizumasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so i am dumping the game at the minute. been going about 3 hours. the titledumper says its going at 999kb /1mb sec. so if the game is 12 gb it should almost be there...
Right? RIGHT?

I was dumping the whole game 750kb per second. It took me around 6-7 hours.

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so its finished dumping now. i pressed home and got the meta folder. titledumper now says connection closed. so i assume i am good to go and proceed to patching

SweetAphrodite

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 60 hours in, and playing the 0.9.4 patch. And I haven't encountered a single crash or glitch so far. It's really amazing what you've guys have done and you guys deserve massive props for your hard work freeing the tits.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right? RIGHT?
1MB/s for 12GB, around 3H ?
how long other users spent dumping their game?

At least, you can cancel and resume later.

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
need help. have dumped the game and ran the patch. i ran the patch verification and it confirmed all files were patched. on the SD card i have a wiiu folder and a games folder. within games i have created a folder called Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Restoration and in there i have the content , code, and meta folders. i launch the hombrew browser and open loadiine but its completely blank.

XenoKaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
need help. have dumped the game and ran the patch. i ran the patch verification and it confirmed all files were patched. on the SD card i have a wiiu folder and a games folder. within games i have created a folder called Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Restoration and in there i have the content , code, and meta folders. i launch the hombrew browser and open loadiine but its completely blank.

The game's folder needs to be renamed like this: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE [ASEP01]

Reactions: Celtic_spike

drgnwing0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't kept up with this thread since pages back so I don't know if this typo/bug was posted or not. During the true ending, Touma's line "It's cool with me too. I've got no problem with Itsuki handling this." is missing audio. Instead, that line is preceeded by 'm6190_01_0034_pc1003I', pushing his dialogue outside the text box.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Haven't kept up with this thread since pages back so I don't know if this typo/bug was posted or not. During the true ending, Touma's line "It's cool with me too. I've got no problem with Itsuki handling this." is missing audio. Instead, that line is preceeded by 'm6190_01_0034_pc1003I', pushing his dialogue outside the text box.

It was reported and has been fixed, or so I believe.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to finish the game and get the true ending without any problems at all. Great work by the team all around.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the GameID, I'll add it to the first post tutorial :P
the GameID is not necessary anymore if you are using the latest loadiine nightly.
I didn't add it to the guide as I told users to use the correct nightly, but I added the GameID just in case users still use an older loadiine version.
though, It's maybe more confusing for new users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.