Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Notasandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, if you were paying attention at the end of the patch it said "copy the original folder out to a safe place". The patcher made the backup for you.
I've attempted to patch the game several times, usually with fold labeled original still in the directory (because I'd get an error message stating their where several files missing if I didn't). The result is always the same: file check fails on all values.

But more importantly is that Loadiine doesn't even load the game when I try to load it from my SDcard

Does it matter that I have all the files on an MicroSD (formatted to FAT32)?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted to patch the game several times, usually with fold labeled original still in the directory (because I'd get an error message stating their where several files missing if I didn't). The result is always the same: file check fails on all values.

But more importantly is that Loadiine doesn't even load the game when I try to load it from my SDcard

Does it matter that I have all the files on an MicroSD (formatted to FAT32)?

The SD must be FAT32, if the patcher is saying failed then that means THAT is the most important thing, not that Loadiine can't load it. I hope you aren't trying to patch it directly on the SD card. You need to patch on your PC hard drive THEN transfer it without the original folder. Also try your copy without patching plain first.

Notasandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD must be FAT32, if the patcher is saying failed then that means THAT is the most important thing, not that Loadiine can't load it. I hope you aren't trying to patch it directly on the SD card. You need to patch on your PC hard drive THEN transfer it without the original folder. Also try your copy without patching plain first.
I have been patching the game on my hard drive and the microSD is formatted to FAT32.

Is their a possibility that patching the game multiple times might corrupt the game files? Because I have patched it multiple times in an attempt to get the file checker to pass but nothing has worked

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been patching the game on my hard drive and the microSD is formatted to FAT32.

Is their a possibility that patching the game multiple times might corrupt the game files? Because I have patched it multiple times in an attempt to get the file checker to pass but nothing has worked

Hmm... I think cdiff will see no states to modify, so in theory no, but in practice it may have corrupted something if the checksums didn't match up for some reason.

Notasandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still only seeing errors from running file checker. No idea what else I can do other then starting from scratch and downloading a new dump of the game

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not really.
As there's no "hacked wiiu", but only "homebrew launched on unhacked WiiU". everything is temporary.

You only need a WiiU and files on SD Card. you visit an URL, and voila.
some users still think it's hard and require some knowlege to "hack" the wiiu, but it became easy.
you put the homebrew launcher on SD card, and it launches by visiting loadiine.ovh

then you load all your homebrew from there, and it's temporary only. on next reboot, all is back to its clean and official state.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Not really.
As there's no "hacked wiiu", but only "homebrew launched on unhacked WiiU". everything is temporary.

You only need a WiiU and files on SD Card. you visit an URL, and voila.
some users still think it's hard and require some knowlege to "hack" the wiiu, but it became easy.
you put the homebrew launcher on SD card, and it launches by visiting loadiine.ovh

then you load all your homebrew from there, and it's temporary only. on next reboot, all is back to its clean and official state.
This makes me think of later models of PSP hacking where custom firmware turns off after turning off the system.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
So is this pretty much patch 1.0 at this point and you're ironing out any remaining bugs, or is there anything else planned for the future?

Great work, btw.
Yeah, we have been just fixing typos and spacing problems. Everything else is done (unless I'm missing something, sn0w knows more about what is left to do).
We haven't discussed yet when we are gonna lift the version number to 1.0 and give the patch his last update as we have been busy IRL.

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is fantastic. i'll probably do this when i get home from work tonight, but kudos to the guys/gals fixing our games.

edit: okay...nevermind...this looks like a headache and a half. i wouldnt even know where to start. still though, im glad that it exists.

Last edited by naion,

LkMsWb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I joined the board to thank you! Using various video-tutorials here on the forum, I was able to apply and use the patch (and the DLCs too). I'm really grateful to be able to play this game as it was intended.
Thank you again!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

okay...nevermind...this looks like a headache and a half. i wouldnt even know where to start. still though, im glad that it exists.

@Cyan has made a lot of super helpful step-by-step introductions for newbies such as myself and you too, so maybe you'll find this useful:

yes, homebrew are working on latest WiiU version.
You don't need anything special, just the homebrew files on your SD card and visit an URL to launch The Homebrew Launcher.

what you need :
homebrew launcher (the base for all apps)
ddd (to dump your game and DLC to network/pc)
the patcher on PC, to patch the dumped game files
Saviine (in case you want to backup your savegame from WiiU to continue playing on loadiine)
Loadiine (to launch the patched game)

It's because of everyone involved in TMS Uncensored and Cyan that I recently bought the game although I haven't opened it yet because I haven't gotten around to do anything of this.

Reactions: Yeas

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just registered to say thanks and to report a minor spacing issue in version 0.9.4 patched with the latest files 3 days ago.
At the end of chapter 2 where Eleonora is introduced, there seem to be two minor gaps which shouldn't be there:

This is ... She's a Mirage
Master like you all, and also a [gap] young actress
[gap] with Fortuna entertainment

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan has made a lot of super helpful step-by-step introductions for newbies such as myself and you too, so maybe you'll find this useful:

there are already instructions on the thread. my problem is that theres too much assumed knowledge. getting the patch to work doesnt seem like that big a deal, if i had all the working pieces...but getting those pieces is...yeah, i dunno...this needs that. that needs the other thing. the other thing needs one of these. these need those. etc...

trace it all the way down to step 1 (homebrew launcher) and i cant even figure that out. (whats "the browser exploit" even supposed to mean?)

Reactions: Yeas

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to know what it is.
I already mentioned that the first post is not helpful for newcomers and would need an easier wording.

Step by step guide to dump, patch and play Mirage session

SD card preparation:
- format your SD card to FAT32
- create a "wiiu" folder on your SD card.
- in the "wiiu" folder, create a "apps" folder.
- in the "wiiu" folder, create a "games" folder.

Putting the files on the SD card:
Homebrew launcher
- Download the Homebrew launcher (click on "homebrew_launcher.v1.2_RC3.zip")
- extract the downloaded zip to your SD card
sd:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/ will contain 3 files.

Loadiine
- Download the latest Loadiine GX2 (click on "loadiine_gx2_0dffac5.zip")
- extract the downloaded zip to your SD card:
sd:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/ will contain 3 files.

ddd
- Download the latest ddd (click on "ddd.v0.3.zip")
- extract the downloaded zip to your SD card:
sd:/wiiu/apps/ddd/ will contain 3 files.

DONE !

Launching the homebrew:
- insert your SD card into your WiiU
- launch the web browser
- go to http://wiiubru.com

The homebrew launcher will be loaded and you can see loadiine and DDD on your screen.
if the console freezes, unplug the power cord and try again.

Dumping your game to computer:
That's the hardest step in all this guide.

- Download the ddd "Title dumper" for your operating system (windows, max or linux). you know what to click, right?
- extract to a folder on your computer.
- read the "usage" section in the release thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/
That's probably the hardest to do : learn how to run a command line and know what text to write.
you probably want this :
Code:
titledumper.exe /vol "C:/WiiU/ISO/TMS/"
NOT THIS ONE:
Code:
titledumper.exe WiiU_dump_path base_output_path
because it's an EXPLANATION, NOT WHAT TO TYPE!
WiiU_dump_path means "the path to dump from the wiiu", don't type the explanation text, please !

- insert your game disc in your wiiU
- launch ddd from the homebrew launcher
- Enter the local IP of your computer (192.168.1.x or 0.0.10.x or something like that, NOT your internet IP)
- the game will launch and the dump will start.
- when the game is dumped, press Home button and wait 30 seconds until the meta files are dumped.
- exit the game, reboot or shutdown your WiiU to clear all homebrew trace.
- shutdown the program on your computer.

Patching the game files
- Download the patcher
- launch the patcher
- locate the game's file you dumped with ddd on your computer
- if all is good, it will ask you if you want to keep the original files (answer yes)
(I hope that's the correct steps, I never tried it)

Placing the game on SD card
- Go to your sd card, wiiu folder, and games folder.
- Inside the "games" folder, create a new folder named "Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration"
- go into the newly created folder
- Copy the "code" "content" and "meta" folder located on your computer (the one you patched!) into the folder on your SD card.

sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration/
sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration/code/
sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration/content/
sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration/meta/

Launching the game
- Put the SD on wiiu
- launch your web browser and visit http://wiiubru.com
- select Loadiine GX2 from the homebrew launcher
- select the game and double-click or press A to launch it.

If you want DLC, you'll need more steps.

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive done pretty much everything up to getting homebrew launcher to actually start on the wii u. everythings on my SD card, i did the kernel thing. tried running the HBL file on my own local server, but that just came up with errors. and wiiubru crashes the wiiu.

is there a size limit on the SD card? im currently using a 32gig SDHC (formatted my old 3DS card). and yes, its fat32.

Last edited by naion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: o