Hacking The Ultimate WiiU Hack-Setup (all Nintendo games in 1 device) by Eipok - MAR'18

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
[Last Updated Date: 25'JAN'21]

Hello all!

I have written this post here and in "ElOtroLado" forum a bit for thanking you guys everything I found regarding the hacking of the WiiU, how I ended up configuring everything (with a lot of effort) to make it as perfect as I could and all making us able to play Nintendo games from NES to WiiU (including the list of additional consoles that I put below), without needing powered discs, changing things and cables for each emulator, and making everything works perfectly, maximizing the possibilities of this great console.

This has been assembled after trying, testing and testing different combinations and devices; It is not the cheapest way, but for me, it is the most perfect way.

Index - The post is structured as follows:
  1. Introduction (List of Playable Consoles, Links, Videos and Pictures).
  2. External Devices.
  3. Way To Play Games.
  4. Notes.
  5. Device Links.
  6. Post That Helped.
  7. People That Helped.
1.Introduction (List of Playable Consoles, Links, Videos and Pictures):
This setup makes the Wii U able to load more than 12.000 games from these 33 consoles/platforms:
  • Atari - 2600
  • Atari - 5200
  • Atari - Lynx
  • Bandai - WonderSwan
  • Bandai - WonderSwan Color
  • FB Alpha - Arcade Games
  • GCE - Vectrex
  • Handheld Electronic Game
  • MAME - 2003
  • Microsoft - MSX2
  • NEC - PC Engine
  • NEC - PC Engine SuperGrafx
  • NEC - TurboGrafx 16
  • Nintendo - Famicom
  • Nintendo - Family Computer Disk System
  • Nintendo - Game Boy
  • Nintendo - Game Boy Advance
  • Nintendo - Game Boy Color
  • Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Nintendo - Sufami Turbo
  • Nintendo - Super Famicom
  • Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Nintendo - Virtual Boy
  • Sega - Game Gear
  • Sega - Master System - Mark III
  • Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis
  • SNK - Neo Geo Pocket
  • SNK - Neo Geo Pocket Color
  • PlayStation
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo DS
  • GameCube
  • Wii
  • Wii U
Pictures of the final setup:
  • It can be seen the "All In One Window" setup, with the Homebrew Launcher, USB Loader Gx Forwarder, the folders with the different WiiU games, plus the 5 icons of the Nintendont, Wii64, SNES, and the rest, of the forwarder channels built by me.
  • The aspect of the hardware in the TV table accompained by the Switch :)

pqRW3lJ.jpg

TyTiWku.jpg

d1HrVff.jpg

8misApn.jpg

Videos of the final setup:

• VideoDemo I - General Interface and USB Loader GX:

• VideoDemo II - General Interface and Full RetroArch Setup:

• VideoDemo III - SNES9X GX with WiiU GamePad Compatibility plus Games Cover Setup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.External Devices:
· Eipok SD Download Link (Latest GX Emulators Channels Added Plus Retroarch Kit - MAR'20): https://mega.nz/#!b4ojGbBK!wM8mR3fQDro2lNjovrx0rCyRDpspMm4Mk4NVzrBOZHk

- I have added a very awesome Retroarch configuration, with many configured playlist, images for the games and so on. All these configuration files, are "calling" to concrete rom names but as you know, it is not feasible to put them in here. What I suggest, is, whomever that needs the full store to get the games, just tell me privately ;).

· Eipok Channels Creator Download Link (Latest GX Emulators Channels Added - OCT'19): https://mega.nz/#!DwJk2Qya!VZI_8ZsIT70CeyPme8XXeHaI0jcaHNPmzCfnNxTmtFg

GX Emulators Versions Included:
- FCE Ultra GX v3.4.3
- SNES9x GS v4.4.4 (latest version OCT'19)
- VisualBoyAdvanceGX v2.4.0
- Nintendont v5.486

· SD Slot:
o SD 200GB.
o Format: FAT 32.
o Game Cube Games (this is because of the Nintendont forwarder that I have to play with the GamePad, as the Wii USB is hidden, if the games would be present in there, the Forwarder wouldn't recognize the USB) -> 12 GB.
o Just copy/past GC games on SD/games.
o Virtual Console Games to be opened with Loadiine.
o Temporal Wii U backup installations.
o Previous Nintendo Emulators -> 2 GB:
· Roms Nes.
· Roms Snes.
· Roms GBA.
· Roms N64.
· Roms MegaDrive.
· Roms Retroarch (Atari, Mame, Neogeo, etc.) -> 30GB.

· USB Up Slot:
o SD 400GB + SD Reader Trascend.
o Let the WiiU format the USB to its own format.
o Wii U Games (installed) > 300 GB.
o Some Virtual Console Games (NDS and others).

· USB Down Slot:
o SD 200GB + SD Reader Trascend (none high storage USB sticks worked with USB Loader GX).
o Format FAT 32.
o Copy the games with the Wii BackUp Manger program.
o Wi Games -> 141 GB.
o Hidden with Ustealth_R8, so we don’t get the constant question to format the USB when in WiiU mode startup. (Reason why I can't put GC games in here).

3.Way To Play Games:
· WiiU:
o Haxchi + ColdBoot with “SystemMenu” start.
o Backups installed with WUP Installer in the mentioned SD-USB Card Reader.
o Updates and DLC work perfect.
o vWii Homebrew Channel Forwarder.
o vWii USB Loader GX Forwarder.
o Works like a charm.

· Wii:
o Wupahx unlock with USB Loader GX + Forwarder in the WiiU menu.
o Wii Channels:
· Homebrew Channel "Wide".
· USB Loader Forwarder.
o d2x CIOS: V10 BETA 53 D2X...
· 56 249
· 57 250
· 58 251
o IOS 236 Installer v8 special edition: V10 BETA 53 D2X...
o Saved games imported with Savegame Manager from my old Wii and migrated to new VWII memory. First, for each game, its own savegame has to have created in order to make the migration.
o I decided to do this instead of inject the Wii games in the Wii U as VC because the need of look for all the banners, icons for each game; the need of migrate the savegames with saviine, and the need of do this one by one.
o Works like a charm.

· GameCube:
o In WiiU menu: Nintendon’t forwarder (vWii mode) with WiiU Gamepad compatibility (able to play with the gamepad).
o In USBLoader GX configuration (Nintendon’t behind the loading process):
· Loader's IOS 58
· Game's IOS 251
· GameCube Mode Nintendont
· Nintendont Video Scale (size): 100
· Nintendont Video Offset (position): 0
· Memory Card Emulation: Individual.
· Memory Card Blocks Size: 123.
· Saved games migrated from my old GameCube-Wii with Savegame Manager into one individual emulated memory card for each game.
o To make Zelda Collectors edition work:
· Nintendont Video Size: 660
· Nintendont Video Position: -2
o WiiU Pro Controller compatibility in both Nintendont WiiU forwarder + USB Loader GX loading. Controllers has to be the original and PAL. Neither USC nor not original works with Nintendont.
o To be said: it has been a struggle to find the perfect combination of SD+USB+whatever to make it work with 2 high storage USB (card reader) plugged at the same time.
o I decided to do this instead of inject the GC games in the Wii U as VC because the need of look for all the banners, icons for each game; the need of migrate the savegames with saviine, and the need of do this one by one.
o Works like a charm.

· Nintendo 64:
o Wii64 forwarder (vWii mode) with WiiU Gamepad compatibility and able to play with the gamepad. (Full screen aspect).
o Some games have some emulation issues. -> After the latest version https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases and using the Wii64 Rice version, almost all the "main" N64 titles are working fine.
o Virtual Console with Loadiine (16:9).
o With the Rice version works great (even Donkey Kong 64).

· SNES, GBA, NES and MegaDrive:
o Virtual Console with Loadiine (4:3).
o SnesGX, VBAGX and FCEGX forwarders (vWii mode) with WiiU Pro Controller compatibility and able to play with the gamepad (thanks to @FIX94). (Full screen aspect).
o Works like a charm.

· Atari, NeoGeo, Mame...:
o RetroArch.
o High loading times but works like a charm.

4.Notes:
- The Trascend Card Reader + 200GB micro USB Card work perfect.
- WiiFlow and retroarch stuff really suck (but finally I found an already setup retroarch kit that is pretty OK).
- Not need to have any external powered device or to have to manually turn on or change anything or to need any Y cable. WiiU is fully ready to play with only one turn-on.
- The most difficult part was to make EVERYTHING work at the same time with no negative cross-impacts on each feature. This was in terms of gamepads, and storage devices.
- Mocha CFW 0.2 not worth it for anything, even the fat32 version, because makes the WiiU crash when exiting from some game or the Homebrew Launcher.

5.Device Buy Links:
- Trascend Car Reader: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B009D79VH4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Memory Card: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B073JY5T7T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6.Post that Helped:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-the-ultimate-all-generations-nintendo-console.486680/page-3
https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-an-ext-hard-drive-for-both-wii-and-wiiu.472965/#post-7758953
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hdd-sd-setup-others-are-using-for-wii-u-and-vwii-modes.458670/page-2
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/page-26
https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...for-wii-vc-injects.491686/page-3#post-7869549
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-and...1024-resolution-in-wii-u.498436/#post-7869511
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/page-18#post-7869450
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1256#post-7869076
https://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update.333569/page-71#post-7700965
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiiu2hbc-a-hbl2hbc-forwarder-channel.455991/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-custom-wii-icons-bootscreens-and-bootsounds-for-wiivc.488929/

7.People that directly helped me, thank you!:
@gamecaptor
@The Real Jdbye

I wrote this article to give all the help I found in this webpage and in the whole internet back to the people regarding the procedure to hack our WiiU.

Somehow, I find this as the conglomeration of all the WiiU Scene perfectly to make us able to have all the Nintendo consoles and games altogether in one device.

Hope it helps!

Thank you all!

Willsito, from Madrid, Spain.

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have many issues with this. A 64 gig is plenty for installing games. A 1 tb hardrive is perfect for GC and Wii VC injects and Wii U games, making the hige SD useless. CBHC isn't necessary either. Cios beta 53 alt vwii is buggier and less reliable than 52

Last edited by SANIC,

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have many issues with this. A 64 gig is plenty for installing games. A 1 the hardrive is perfect for GC and Wii VC injects and Wii U games, making the hige SD useless. CBHC isn't necessary either. Cios beta 53 alt vwii is buggier and less reliable than 52
Issues with what?

CHBC isn't necessary for what?

Cios beta 53 is buggier, in what cases?

If you want to help, not even me, just the people that read us, instead of writing just negative feedback, tell us why and how you did to solve it....

Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice Overview :yayu:
Thanks a lot! I put a lot of my time in it :)

Victorum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice setup and ty for writing up this post, however I think the Wii/GC part could be achieved more easily... I've got one HDD for the WiiU installed games (~250GB), and one HDD with GC backups AND Wii backups (USB Loader GX doesn't show the GC games at first but it can be enabled)... It was not that easy to set this up but it's definitely cheaper (and you've got to choose between the two disks before playing either Wii/GC or WiiU games)

SANIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issues with what?

CHBC isn't necessary for what?

Cios beta 53 is buggier, in what cases?

If you want to help, not even me, just the people that read us, instead of writing just negative feedback, tell us why and how you did to solve it....

Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks a lot! I put a lot of my time in it :)
Haxchi is plenty, and some people brick their Wii us using CBHC due to user error.
Cios is buggier in reguards that it messes with Wii games launching alot. Sure it allows you use more USB devices, but it makes more errors. I'll link some threads about it later.

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nice setup and ty for writing up this post, however I think the Wii/GC part could be achieved more easily... I've got one HDD for the WiiU installed games (~250GB), and one HDD with GC backups AND Wii backups (USB Loader GX doesn't show the GC games at first but it can be enabled)... It was not that easy to set this up but it's definitely cheaper (and you've got to choose between the two disks before playing either Wii/GC or WiiU games)
Yours is a nice one, but I wanted to precisely avoid get to swap storage devices when it is needed. With mine, it is more expensive of course, everything works without any need of change :)

SANIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yours is a nice one, but I wanted to precisely avoid get to swap storage devices when it is needed. With mine, it is more expensive of course, everything works without any need of change :)
That actually makes you use less. I've pointed that out before. One USB for all Wii GC and Wii U games, and one 32 gb SD card is enough.

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cios is buggier in reguards that it messes with Wii games launching alot. Sure it allows you use more USB devices, but it makes more errors. I'll link some threads about it later.

I will be thankful if you specify which errors are faced with the CIOS i mention (d2x CIOS: V10 BETA 53 D2X..) and which is the alternative of course!

The goal is to get the most stable setup.

Thanks

Reactions: stsaerox

SANIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be thankful if you specify which errors are faced with the CIOS i mention (d2x CIOS: V10 BETA 53 D2X..) and which is the alternative of course!

The goal is to get the most stable setup.

Thanks
I'll have to reinstall it to see the exact error. I fixed the issue because a lot of people told me to replace it with beta52 and it managed to launch. Launchers can be avoided altogether if you just use VC injects and install them to Wii U system memory.

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'll have to reinstall it to see the exact error. I fixed the issue because a lot of people told me to replace it with beta52 and it managed to launch. Launchers can be avoided altogether if you just use VC injects and install them to Wii U system memory.
I have launched the 65 Wii and GC games that I have, because I had to create a new save file to make me able to import my old GameCube and Wii ones, and all the games worked...

But still, lets wait for your examples.

Thanks

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a set up similar to this... but, less... painful?
750GB HDD for Wii U games, 250GB SD card for GameCube and emulators... and a 450GB HDD for Wii/GameCube... not big tricks, just plug the HDD to de Wii U when needed to play Wii games xD

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I already have a set up similar to this... but, less... painful?
750GB HDD for Wii U games, 250GB SD card for GameCube and emulators... and a 450GB HDD for Wii/GameCube... not big tricks, just plug the HDD to de Wii U when needed to play Wii games xD
That is a good way too actually, and maybe less painful if someone doesn't the final and definetive way to accomplish it XD.

But I think at the end I prefer to have everything plugged at the same time...

SANIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a good way too actually, and maybe less painful if someone doesn't the final and definetive way to accomplish it XD.

But I think at the end I prefer to have everything plugged at the same time...
You still haven't considered Wii VC injects. You can boot homebrew, GC games and Wii games from the wii u menu. That makes having dedicated SD and usbs useless.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man, where is WiiVC and RetroArch?
You can have pretty cool setups with those.
- WiiFlow and retroarch stuff really suck.
He's neglecting/ignoring RetroArch on purpose.
Really?
Preferring the Wii's GX emulators over the vastly and widely superior RetroArch for almost every system in history up to and except PSX/N64 is almost a sin.
I can't see myself going back to the GX emulators on a Wii U when I can have full speed with no frame drops and overclocking on RetroArch Wii U. Not to mention running more demanding games without problems compared to the Wii (outside PSX/N64)

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Really?
Preferring the Wii's GX emulators over the vastly and widely superior RetroArch for almost every system in history up to and except PSX/N64 is almost a sin.
I can't see myself going back to the GX emulators on a Wii U when I can have full speed with no frame drops and overclocking on RetroArch Wii U. Not to mention running more demanding games without problems compared to the Wii (outside PSX/N64)
Not to mention that some people complains that RetroArch's XBM isn't pretty as GX emulator GUI, which isn't true, on XBM you can have custom backgrounds, dynamic wallpapers, shaders, custom overlays, per-game settings, boxarts/screenshots and everything in glorious 1080p's full HD quality, which is objectively by far superior then every old GX GUI.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not to mention that some people complains that RetroArch's XBM isn't pretty as GX emulator GUI, which isn't true, on XBM you can have custom backgrounds, dynamic wallpapers, shaders, custom overlays, per-game settings, boxarts/screenshots and everything in glorious 1080p's full HD quality, which is objectively by far superior then every old GX GUI.
But you know..
Hurrdurrr 2 mux hard 2 szetup, dud!

Which is bollocks.
You really only setup stuff once and never worry about it again, not even through multiple RA installations really.

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Really?

I see your point...

I decided to use what I do know that works, and works well actually. And when I tried to configure RetroArch stuff, I found it was kind of difficult and annoying the setup, so I really quit it.

Despite of this last point, I would give it a chance:
-> Do you ShadowOne333 or Billy Acuña have any already pre-packaged RetroArch with cool backgrounds, walllpapaers and stuff ready to go to test it in my side?
-> @Billy Acuña, when you mention "and everything in glorious 1080p's full HD quality" are you meaning regarding the emulation of for example SNES or other platforms? or just the wallpapers and oother stuff?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Eipok

Reactions: Immortallix

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Pictures of the final setup:
  • It can be seent the "All In One Window" setup, with the Homebrew Launcher, USB Loader Gx Forwarder, the folders with the different WiiU games, plus the 5 icons of the Nintendont, Wii64, SNES, and the rest, of the forwarder channels built by me.
  • The aspect of the hardware in the TV table accompained by the Switch :)
d1HrVff.jpg

CrFuC2i.jpg

TyTiWku.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1