Homebrew Is there a list of wii/vwii homebrew apps that has libwiidrc for Wii VC injects?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried the snes and I keep getting stack dumps. Any thoughts? All I did was replace the boot.dol with the new dol.
maybe rename your current snes9xgx folder on the root of your device and manually create a new one with a newly created saves folder inside, I know that some parsing changed with the newer devkit versions so maybe something from your old settings does not properly get parsed.

Reactions: DarthDub

Joyer7319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe rename your current snes9xgx folder on the root of your device and manually create a new one with a newly created saves folder inside, I know that some parsing changed with the newer devkit versions so maybe something from your old settings does not properly get parsed.
Thank you. I will try this and report back.

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after hours of debugging vbagx I now managed to get that one up as well so now fceugx, snes9xgx and vbagx have builds that can use the wiiu gamepad.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wjb95raep1pcw/wiiuprocontroller_wiiugamepad
also the bug I found in vbagx that gave me quite a few crashes was part of the current github build as well so I submitted a pull request to fix that one too, that bug was in the code now for at least 8 years, who knows how many problems it made over time.

This is awesome. Thank you so much for doing these!

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It is awesome FIX94!

Just one question, if I want to play with the WiiU Pro Controller in directly in the TV with these setup, is it possible?

Summarizing, I would like to have the possibility to choose in the same app:
  • Play with the Game Pad as a player 1.
  • Play with the Wii Pro Controller as a player 1.

I have tested it myself I have to say that within the SNESX emulator, if I want to use 2 Wii U Controller as Player 1 and 2, it is not possible, as both are recognized as player 1. If choose not to use the Gamepad, it is still happing: both Wii U Controller get connected as player1.

What I did, is to "come back" to the former .dol and forwarder, and it worked again.

It would be nice that this Gamepad compatibility release would make us able to play with 2 Wii Pro Controller as player 1 and 2 respectively as I explained!

But still, nice job FIX94!

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How come you didn't do this on the latest version of the emulators. (You used 4.3.2 instead of 4.3.7 of snes9x as found on the wiibrew.org site)
Honestly, I just used those files cause I had them pre-modded with wiiu pro controller support from 2014 so I didnt have to work too much more to get it to work in that (though it still took me ages thanks to devkit updates heh)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 Can you make Genplus GX with gamepad support without the ROM limit?
Ummm he already made it have gamepad support. :mellow:

[Gamecube/Wii]
---------------
* added configurable BIOS & Lock-on ROM files
* added configurable NTSC filter
* added configurable FPS display & toggleable fast-forward key combo
(HOME + MINUS with Wii controllers or R TRIGGER + START with Gamecube controller)
* added 50hz progressive mode (576p) support for emulation
* added WiiU GamePad Controller support on vWii (Fix94)
* reduced SRAM files size
* improved A/V Sync: when VSYNC is enabled, audio resampler output rate is now adjusted (+/-0,1 %)
to always keep audio & video synchronized and input lag is reduced by one frame.
* improved GX video rendering (fixes screen tearing when VSYNC is disabled)
* improved ROM browser scrolling speed and added support for Classic Controller +/- buttons for page scrolling
* improved Cheats Menu
* fixed bug with PICO pointer
* fixed lightgun crosshair & CD leds positionning when using NTSC filter
* fixed low-pass filter menu setting
* various code cleanup & optimizations

Just download the latest version and load it.
https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/src/master/builds/

Reactions: Willsito_GG

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
after hours of debugging vbagx I now managed to get that one up as well so now fceugx, snes9xgx and vbagx have builds that can use the wiiu gamepad.
also the bug I found in vbagx that gave me quite a few crashes was part of the current github build as well so I submitted a pull request to fix that one too, that bug was in the code now for at least 8 years, who knows how many problems it made over time.

Hello FIX94,

I have found, the Mario Time Machine (both pal and ntsc) don't work on your new 4.3.2 SNESX9 GX version with WiiU Gamepad compatibility; but with the latest 4.3.7 (https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases) version, the game does work.

It would be very nice that this WiiU Gamepad compatibility would implemented in the newer versions of the GX emulator family :P

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, I just used those files cause I had them pre-modded with wiiu pro controller support from 2014 so I didnt have to work too much more to get it to work in that (though it still took me ages thanks to devkit updates heh)
Hi @FIX94, is there a way I can add the WiiU Gamepad support, like you have done, to my favorite versions or FceuGX (3.3.9), Snes9xGX (4.3.7), VbaGX (2.3.6) and GenPlusGX ?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello FIX94,

I have found, the Mario Time Machine (both pal and ntsc) don't work on your new 4.3.2 SNESX9 GX version with WiiU Gamepad compatibility; but with the latest 4.3.7 (https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases) version, the game does work.

It would be very nice that this WiiU Gamepad compatibility would implemented in the newer versions of the GX emulator family :P

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards

Super star wars bkackscreens for me too

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yo @FIX94.
I don't know if you are still interested on this stuff, but since you are the one who made the plugin implemetation on WiiFlow. Is there any chance to have a version with both libwupc and libwudrc support as well as plugin versions of the emus you just compiled?
Would be great to use it as an emuflow frontend to those emulators as well for WiiSXR and mupengc-fix94.

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is there a way to change the button assignment on the WiiU gamepad for the fast forward feature? Currently its on the right stick, could that be remapped to like the l or zl button? I dont see an option for it in the button mappings screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.