Homebrew Emulator RetroArch Wii - The Return of the Extra Unofficial Cores

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Some news related to my custom Virtual Jaguar Wii core for Libretro (RetroArch).

Just checked out that if i add the argument ARCH=ppc when compiling the Virtual Jaguar core for Wii, it uses the PowerPC (PPC) code and... it gives a tiny 10-20% speedup because it will use the PPC CPU instead of doing everything by software, but it's still very slow, but not extremely.

View attachment 418949
View attachment 418950
View attachment 418948

For compile it, get my Wii fork source code, then run this command: make platform=wii ARCH=ppc

Gonna post the new build tomorrow, along with another Frodo Wii core, cause i noticed that it has sound issues? (Maybe because i compiled on devkitPPC r35-1 and with RA v1.16.0 instead of dkPPC r29 and RA v1.15.0?)
you are the best thanks my friend

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Some news related to my custom Virtual Jaguar Wii core for Libretro (RetroArch).

Just checked out that if i add the argument ARCH=ppc when compiling the Virtual Jaguar core for Wii, it uses the PowerPC (PPC) code and... it gives a tiny 10-20% speedup because it will use the PPC CPU instead of doing everything by software, but it's still very slow, but not extremely.

View attachment 418949
View attachment 418950
View attachment 418948

For compile it, get my Wii fork source code, then run this command: make platform=wii ARCH=ppc

Gonna post the new build tomorrow, along with another Frodo Wii core, cause i noticed that it has sound issues? (Maybe because i compiled on devkitPPC r41-2 and with RA v1.16.0 (with the external libOGC included in RA Wii source code) instead of dkPPC r29 and RA v1.15.0?)

What kind of speeds do you get?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
What kind of speeds do you get?
I forgot to say, my current build of Virtual Jaguar for Libretro Wii only reaches speeds of 3-4 FPS as max, now with the build with PPC code enabled now reaches between 9-12 FPS, but it's still an "unplayable" speed for the user.

I think it would run better on an overclocked vWii on Wii U, IMHO.

Gonna post the new build in a few hours.

Reactions: Disorarara

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot to say, my current build of Virtual Jaguar for Libretro Wii only reaches speeds of 3-4 FPS as max, now with the build with PPC code enabled now reaches between 9-12 FPS, but it's still an "unplayable" speed for the user.

I think it would run better on an overclocked vWii on Wii U, IMHO.

Gonna post the new build in a few hours.

Does the core have frame skip? It might approach playable speeds with overclocking + frameskip

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
This time these cores are ACTUALLY compiled with devkitPPC r29-1 and RA Wii v1.15.0.

Frodo Wii: fixed the sound, now the games sounds are played correctly, but unfortunately there's an (annoying) buzzing sound when the emulator is running.
Besides that, all games i have tested (Bosconian '87, Jr. Pac-Man, etc.) work fine.
Multiplayer with 2 joysticks (with 2 compatible Wii controllers connected) also works, too. (Only really tested with Jr. Pac-Man)

Virtual Jaguar Wii: with the addition of the included PowerPC (PPC) code (ARCH=ppc), it gets a tiny 10-20% speedup comparing to my first Virtual Jaguar Libretro Wii build, but it's not noticeable for the average user.
Still, everything is still so slow, but not extremely.

Does the core have frame skip? It might approach playable speeds with overclocking + frameskip
Unfortunately Virtual Jaguar doesn't have a Frameskip option.
Also, the emulator is officially abandonded by the original creators and also by Libretro, so they're not working anymore in the development of this Atari Jaguar emulator.

Attachments

• frodo_libretro_wii_09022024.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • virtualjaguar_libretro_wii_09022024.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@ploggy

Got a question for you.

I just compiled Frodo for Wii as a RA core, and while it works and it's playable, it has a very annoying buzzing sound in everything (but sounds of the games itself also works there).

Could you try testing the latest nightly Frodo RA core on the Wii U version for confirm if that issue also occurs on Wii U since all GCN, Wii and Wii U are big-endian platforms?
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/latest/frodo_libretro.rpx.zip

Reactions: ploggy

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but unfortunately there's an (annoying) buzzing sound when the emulator is running
This has been the standard when it comes to core audio quality since RetroArch 1.9.X. In other words, it's a general thing.
So... if you've found a way to make Cores without a continuous "pfffffffff" or crackling audio issues, please let us know.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy

Got a question for you.

I just compiled Frodo for Wii as a RA core, and while it works and it's playable, it has a very annoying buzzing sound in everything (but sounds of the games itself also works there).

Could you try testing the latest nightly Frodo RA core on the Wii U version for confirm if that issue also occurs on Wii U since all GCN, Wii and Wii U are big-endian platforms?
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/latest/frodo_libretro.rpx.zip
I cant hear any buzzing sound here on WiiU RA. Actually the Core seems to run very well.. 450 fps with FF :)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
This has been the standard when it comes to core audio quality since RetroArch 1.9.X. In other words, it's a general thing.
So... if you've found a way to make Cores without a continuous "pfffffffff" or crackling audio issues, please let us know.
@JuanMena

Question:

on latest RetroArch, which cores are NOT having the annoying buzzing sound?
I've heard only SOME of the cores have this sound, but i can't recall which ones are.
Could you test the latest cores of RA on Wii please? Thanks :)

I cant hear any buzzing sound here on WiiU RA. Actually the Core seems to run very well.. 450 fps with FF :)
@ploggy Weird.
Anyways, thanks for testing. I'll try to see what's going on.
(BTW, i recompiled Frodo using RetroArch Wii v1.7.9 and i don't have the audio issue anymore...)

I remember @Wiimpathy said once that maybe it's related to the code in RetroArch Wii, the devkitPPC/libOGC versions used, etc. But i just don't know why...

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@JuanMena

Question:

on latest RetroArch, which cores are NOT having the annoying buzzing sound?
I've heard only SOME of the cores have this sound, but i can't recall which ones are.
Could you test the latest cores of RA on Wii please? Thanks :)

@ploggy Weird.
Anyways, thanks for testing. I'll try to see what's going on.
(BTW, i recompiled Frodo using RetroArch Wii v1.7.9 and i don't have the audio issue anymore...)

I remember @Wiimpathy said once that maybe it's related to the code in RetroArch Wii, the devkitPPC/libOGC versions used, etc. But i just don't know why...
Latest?
I don't know. I did downloaded latest (1.17.0) some days ago but haven't tested it yet.
I honestly... have my own RetroArch "build" with Cores from different old versions.
The only core that I accept the "pffffffffff" sound issue is with mGBA 1.9.14, as I use it as a Super Game Boy core... all the other cores that I use are from 1.9.1 and below.

I'll test Latest RetroArch later, as today it seems it'll be a busy day.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@ploggy
Have you tried compiling the latest versions/commits of Stella (Atari 2600 emulator, https://github.com/stella-emu/stella) to Libretro as a RA Wii core?

I have tried everything for compile but it doesn't compile in old devkitPPC versions (and no, it doesn't compile in devkitPPC r29-1).
Only managed to compile it in latest devkitPPC versions (i think since version r35-2) but i get some core issues (such the info file not being detected properly or having a different path for check the info file...)
Post automatically merged:

Latest?
I don't know. I did downloaded latest (1.17.0) some days ago but haven't tested it yet.
I honestly... have my own RetroArch "build" with Cores from different old versions.
The only core that I accept the "pffffffffff" sound issue is with mGBA 1.9.14, as I use it as a Super Game Boy core... all the other cores that I use are from 1.9.1 and below.

I'll test Latest RetroArch later, as today it seems it'll be a busy day.
@JuanMena

any progress in that?
cause in my few tests, only a few cores don't have that audio issue...
Small incomplete list:
  • PokeMini (Pokémon Mini emulator)
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

Reactions: Surdo123

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy
Have you tried compiling the latest versions/commits of Stella (Atari 2600 emulator, https://github.com/stella-emu/stella) to Libretro as a RA Wii core?

I have tried everything for compile but it doesn't compile in old devkitPPC versions (and no, it doesn't compile in devkitPPC r29-1).
Only managed to compile it in latest devkitPPC versions (i think since version r35-2) but i get some core issues (such the info file not being detected properly or having a different path for check the info file...)
Post automatically merged:

@JuanMena

any progress in that?
cause in my few tests, only a few cores don't have that audio issue...
Small incomplete list:
  • PokeMini (Pokémon Mini emulator)
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
I never needed to, I always compiled the libretro version. and trying to port over the latest Stella to libretro seems alittle over my head.. You could make a request to the Stella maintainers to look into porting over the latest Stella to libretro tho if you want?

The info issue does sound familiar but was fixed a while back on Wii Retroarch..
heh looks like you commented on the issue too :P
perhaps something related to that is causing your issue?
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/15752

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@SaulFabre Please forgive me, I completely forgot about this.
Right now I finished testing RetroArch 1.17.0 and here's my findings according to the cores that I use.
If you were expecting me to test ALL of the cores, well... I do not do that as I'm not interested in, say, Commodore, or ZX Spectrum, or Virtual Boy, etc.

Atari Core flat-out doesn't work.
CPS1 has crackling sound.
CPS2 has crackling sound.
FBAlpha has minor crackling sound. It's there, but it's less apparent than with other cores.
ALL GAMEBOY CORES has crackling sound.
MAME2000 has crackling sound.
ALL NES CORES has crackling sound.
NXEngine (CaveStory) has crackling sound.
ALL SEGA CORES has crackling sound with the novelty that Genesis Plus GX Wide doesn't work now.
ALL SNES CORES are broken. They won't recognize my .sfc or .smc files.
ALL PCE CORES has crackling sound.
ALL WONDERSWAN CORES has crackling sound.

Wow! What a nice update!

About raiden2.zip, use Core G to load it. Now you'll see it's stuck at Diagnostic Mode screen.
Press Select to open Quick Menu. Go to Options. Go to Display MAME menu -> enabled
Press Select to go back to game. Select Dip Switches. Select Test Mode ON and change to OFF.

Now Raiden2 will start with garbled graphics and no sound and you can't controll it. But it starts.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre Please forgive me, I completely forgot about this.
Right now I finished testing RetroArch 1.17.0 and here's my findings according to the cores that I use.
If you were expecting me to test ALL of the cores, well... I do not do that as I'm not interested in, say, Commodore, or ZX Spectrum, or Virtual Boy, etc.

Atari Core flat-out doesn't work.
CPS1 has crackling sound.
CPS2 has crackling sound.
FBAlpha has minor crackling sound. It's there, but it's less apparent than with other cores.
ALL GAMEBOY CORES has crackling sound.
MAME2000 has crackling sound.
ALL NES CORES has crackling sound.
NXEngine (CaveStory) has crackling sound.
ALL SEGA CORES has crackling sound with the novelty that Genesis Plus GX Wide doesn't work now.
ALL SNES CORES are broken. They won't recognize my .sfc or .smc files.
ALL PCE CORES has crackling sound.
ALL WONDERSWAN CORES has crackling sound.

Wow! What a nice update!

About raiden2.zip, use Core G to load it. Now you'll see it's stuck at Diagnostic Mode screen.
Press Select to open Quick Menu. Go to Options. Go to Display MAME menu -> enabled
Press Select to go back to game. Select Dip Switches. Select Test Mode ON and change to OFF.

Now Raiden2 will start with garbled graphics and no sound and you can't controll it. But it starts.
Damnit. Looks like Libretro isn't caring about Wii version nowadays...

As I said, only a few cores don't have crackling/garbage sound (ex. PokeMini).

Anyways, thanks for testing.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I never needed to, I always compiled the libretro version. and trying to port over the latest Stella to libretro seems alittle over my head.. You could make a request to the Stella maintainers to look into porting over the latest Stella to libretro tho if you want?

The info issue does sound familiar but was fixed a while back on Wii Retroarch..
heh looks like you commented on the issue too :P
perhaps something related to that is causing your issue?
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/15752
@ploggy

I had no luck compiling latest upstream Stella (https://github.com/stella-emu/stella) so idecided to take and compile the last updates (of 4 years ago?!) of Stella for Libretro (https://github.com/libretro/stella). But that didn't wanted to compile either.

Using devkitPPC r29-1 (which is the version of devkitPPC used by RA Wii/Wii U) and the libOGC/portlibs libraries provided by Libretro in its toolchains collection (https://github.com/libretro/libretro-toolchains).
I get this error while compiling:

1708015567266.png

Full log:
Code:
C:\Users\ASUS\stella\src\libretro>make platform=wii
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-g++ -I. -I.. -I../libretro -I../emucore -I../emucore/tia -I../common -I../common/audio -I../common/tv_filters  -std=c++14 -fno-rtti -DGIT_VERSION=\"" c5f03f839"\" -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -DBLARGG_BIG_ENDIAN=1 -D__ppc__ -U__INT32_TYPE__ -U __UINT32_TYPE__ -D__INT32_TYPE__=int -DGEKKO -mrvl -O3 -DNDEBUG -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter  -D__LIB_RETRO__ -DSOUND_SUPPORT -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DHAVE_STRINGS_H -fno-rtti -pedantic -c -o../libretro/libretro.o ../libretro/libretro.cxx
In file included from ../libretro/StellaLIBRETRO.hxx:21:0,
                 from ../libretro/libretro.cxx:15:
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'int BSPF::compareIgnoreCase(const string&, const string&)':
../common/bspf.hxx:161:45: error: 'strcasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strcasecmp(s1.c_str(), s2.c_str());
                                             ^
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'int BSPF::compareIgnoreCase(const char*, const char*)':
../common/bspf.hxx:169:29: error: 'strcasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strcasecmp(s1, s2);
                             ^
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'bool BSPF::startsWithIgnoreCase(const string&, const string&)':
../common/bspf.hxx:179:59: error: 'strncasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strncasecmp(s1.c_str(), s2.c_str(), s2.length()) == 0;
                                                           ^
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'bool BSPF::startsWithIgnoreCase(const char*, const char*)':
../common/bspf.hxx:187:42: error: 'strncasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strncasecmp(s1, s2, strlen(s2)) == 0;
                                          ^
In file included from ../common/tv_filters/NTSCFilter.hxx:25:0,
                 from ../emucore/Console.hxx:42,
                 from ../libretro/StellaLIBRETRO.hxx:24,
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx: At global scope:
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx:158:16: error: 'thread' is not a member of 'std'
     unique_ptr<std::thread[]> myThreads;  // NOLINT
                ^~~
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx:158:16: error: 'thread' is not a member of 'std'
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx:158:29: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                             ^
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx:158:29: error: template argument 2 is invalid
In file included from ../emucore/EventHandler.hxx:33:0,
                 from ../libretro/StellaLIBRETRO.hxx:28,
../emucore/Event.hxx:198:18: error: 'mutex' in namespace 'std' does not name a type
     mutable std::mutex myMutex;
                  ^~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx: In member function 'Int32 Event::get(Event::Type) const':
../emucore/Event.hxx:153:23: error: 'mutex' is not a member of 'std'
       std::lock_guard<std::mutex> lock(myMutex);
                       ^~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:153:33: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                                 ^
../emucore/Event.hxx:153:40: error: 'myMutex' was not declared in this scope
                                        ^~~~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:153:35: warning: unused variable 'lock' [-Wunused-variable]
                                   ^~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx: In member function 'void Event::set(Event::Type, Int32)':
../emucore/Event.hxx:162:23: error: 'mutex' is not a member of 'std'
                       ^~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:162:33: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                                 ^
../emucore/Event.hxx:162:40: error: 'myMutex' was not declared in this scope
                                        ^~~~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:162:35: warning: unused variable 'lock' [-Wunused-variable]
                                   ^~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx: In member function 'void Event::clear()':
../emucore/Event.hxx:172:23: error: 'mutex' is not a member of 'std'
                       ^~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:172:33: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                                 ^
../emucore/Event.hxx:172:40: error: 'myMutex' was not declared in this scope
                                        ^~~~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:172:35: warning: unused variable 'lock' [-Wunused-variable]
                                   ^~~~
make: *** [Makefile:611: ../libretro/libretro.o] Error 1

As i said, it just wants to compile when using later devkitPPC revisions, but when using latest devkitPPC, sometimes the resulting dol don't want to compile, ot when it compiles, i have several problems trying to use it.

I need help here. Or at least a working build and how you compiled it. Thanks.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy

I had no luck compiling latest upstream Stella (https://github.com/stella-emu/stella) so idecided to take and compile the last updates (of 4 years ago?!) of Stella for Libretro (https://github.com/libretro/stella). But that didn't wanted to compile either.

Using devkitPPC r29-1 (which is the version of devkitPPC used by RA Wii/Wii U) and the libOGC/portlibs libraries provided by Libretro in its toolchains collection (https://github.com/libretro/libretro-toolchains).
I get this error while compiling:

View attachment 420191

Full log:
Code:
C:\Users\ASUS\stella\src\libretro>make platform=wii
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-g++ -I. -I.. -I../libretro -I../emucore -I../emucore/tia -I../common -I../common/audio -I../common/tv_filters  -std=c++14 -fno-rtti -DGIT_VERSION=\"" c5f03f839"\" -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -DBLARGG_BIG_ENDIAN=1 -D__ppc__ -U__INT32_TYPE__ -U __UINT32_TYPE__ -D__INT32_TYPE__=int -DGEKKO -mrvl -O3 -DNDEBUG -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter  -D__LIB_RETRO__ -DSOUND_SUPPORT -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DHAVE_STRINGS_H -fno-rtti -pedantic -c -o../libretro/libretro.o ../libretro/libretro.cxx
In file included from ../libretro/StellaLIBRETRO.hxx:21:0,
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'int BSPF::compareIgnoreCase(const string&, const string&)':
../common/bspf.hxx:161:45: error: 'strcasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strcasecmp(s1.c_str(), s2.c_str());
                                             ^
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'int BSPF::compareIgnoreCase(const char*, const char*)':
../common/bspf.hxx:169:29: error: 'strcasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strcasecmp(s1, s2);
                             ^
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'bool BSPF::startsWithIgnoreCase(const string&, const string&)':
../common/bspf.hxx:179:59: error: 'strncasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strncasecmp(s1.c_str(), s2.c_str(), s2.length()) == 0;
                                                           ^
../common/bspf.hxx: In function 'bool BSPF::startsWithIgnoreCase(const char*, const char*)':
../common/bspf.hxx:187:42: error: 'strncasecmp' was not declared in this scope
     return strncasecmp(s1, s2, strlen(s2)) == 0;
                                          ^
In file included from ../common/tv_filters/NTSCFilter.hxx:25:0,
                 from ../emucore/Console.hxx:42,
                 from ../libretro/StellaLIBRETRO.hxx:24,
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx: At global scope:
                ^~~
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx:158:29: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                             ^
../common/tv_filters/AtariNTSC.hxx:158:29: error: template argument 2 is invalid
In file included from ../emucore/EventHandler.hxx:33:0,
                 from ../libretro/StellaLIBRETRO.hxx:28,
../emucore/Event.hxx:198:18: error: 'mutex' in namespace 'std' does not name a type
     mutable std::mutex myMutex;
                  ^~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx: In member function 'Int32 Event::get(Event::Type) const':
                       ^~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:153:33: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                                 ^
../emucore/Event.hxx:153:40: error: 'myMutex' was not declared in this scope
                                        ^~~~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:153:35: warning: unused variable 'lock' [-Wunused-variable]
                                   ^~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx: In member function 'void Event::set(Event::Type, Int32)':
                       ^~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:162:33: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                                 ^
../emucore/Event.hxx:162:40: error: 'myMutex' was not declared in this scope
                                        ^~~~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:162:35: warning: unused variable 'lock' [-Wunused-variable]
                                   ^~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx: In member function 'void Event::clear()':
                       ^~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:172:33: error: template argument 1 is invalid
                                 ^
../emucore/Event.hxx:172:40: error: 'myMutex' was not declared in this scope
                                        ^~~~~~~
../emucore/Event.hxx:172:35: warning: unused variable 'lock' [-Wunused-variable]
                                   ^~~~
make: *** [Makefile:611: ../libretro/libretro.o] Error 1

As i said, it just wants to compile when using later devkitPPC revisions, but when using latest devkitPPC, sometimes the resulting dol don't want to compile, ot when it compiles, i have several problems trying to use it.

I need help here. Or at least a working build and how you compiled it. Thanks.
Hmm, I just tried to compile stella2014 Core with the latest Retroarch source and I'm getting errors too. I can compile the stella2014.a file fine but when it comes to compiling the dol I get errors in cheevos part of the compilation.. something about pthreads??
1708018367168.png

EDIT: I know why it crashes there, they added cheevos to the Wii port :/ messes up my docker setup for Wii :P
I can disable cheevos in the Makefile.wii in the RA folder tho so I can get past the error :)

EDIT2: crashes again further on lol NM

Last edited by ploggy,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hmm, I just tried to compile stella2014 Core with the latest Retroarch source and I'm getting errors too. I can compile the stella2014.a file fine but when it comes to compiling the dol I get errors in cheevos part of the compilation.. something about pthreads??
View attachment 420193
you can disable GX thread if you pass the argument GX_PTHREAD_LEGACY=0 when you compile the final dol.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
where do I do that?
when you compile the resulting dol, add GX_PTHREAD_LEGACY=0 as shown:

make -f Makefile.griffin platform=wii GX_PTHREAD_LEGACY=0

another useful argument, is using the external libOGC used by RetroArch, you can also pass the argument EXTERNAL_LIBOGC=1 as shown:

make -f Makefile.griffin platform=wii EXTERNAL_LIBOGC=1
You can even use both arguments in case build fails in some cases, as shown:

make -f Makefile.griffin platform=wii EXTERNAL_LIBOGC=1 GX_PTHREAD_LEGACY=0

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty