Homebrew Emulator RetroArch Wii - The Return of the Extra Unofficial Cores

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i got pulled away at home. Let me test a few ps1 games with this core. What core you have is what i used to test before. I will give results soon.
Post automatically merged:

Ok. Just tested Crash Bash and definitely loads game and gives option to use pcsx core, although this game will not play. Will test some others and also try the 07-27-23 core to see if it makes any difference.

I tested a few games before but do not recall what they were, but they were working with solid performance. I test so many games with so many cores, it is difficult to remember everything.

For what it is worth, i had/have no thoughts of including this core in the WFL plugins pack. It simply is in no way a substitute for WiiStation or WiiSXRX.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i am using RA 1.15 boot.dol as well, good news you have it working.

RA has become a mess (again) recently, hopefully it is due to 1.16 being released soon and the devs can iron things out.
Sorry for the late reply guys, only now had a chance to try myself.. There was a issue with the WiIU pcsx Core the other day that stopped games from loading (blackscreen) it must have effected the Wii Core too :P
it was fixed soon after but I guess that you had the duff build @_47iscool :D updating the Core to latest would have fixed it and it looks like you already have :)

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might have found a fix for pcsx-r RA crashing when you press "close content". Convert your disc images to PBP.

Edit: Only use this tool to convert single track games. Multi-track games cause a freeze. Possibly due to not asking for a cue file and giving the proper extra tracks' toc. This is not an issue for Wiistation.

The easiest tool to use for this is PSX2PSP v1.4.
I would suggest maybe using compression 1 or none to not overload the Wii PPC CPU.

Also one thing I found out that can cause major slowdowns (besides dithering on certain games like Hydro Thunder) is sample rate. Leave it at 32000Hz. My game files and extensions are also all in uppercase, though I'm not sure this has any effect.

Two last things:

1. You can use the PSP POPS 6.60 PSX- BIOS to get a little more speedup.

2. The close content crash may have something to do with having to first load a cue file then select the pcsx-r core.

Last edited by _47iscool,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another new Core, this time a Atari-ST Core called Hatari. This Core has been fixed and added to the Retroarch buildbot thanks to a dev called Greeenchili2, they have put alot of work into the Core recently so alot of upgrades and updates under the hood ;)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• hatari_libretro_wii.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 21

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New PS1 Unai Core update :) alot of misc game fixes and a fix for the flickering screen issue when dithering was enabled ;)
I made a core info file too so it shouldn't mess with the original pcsx_libretro core info file, just copy the unai core info file to the info folder (and make sure to delete you core info cache file too, also in the core info folder) ;)

Attachments

• pcsx_rearmed_unai_libretro_wii.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why are you speaking broken Portuguese? this is an English website your not speaking english and even the Portuguese looks google translated, if you are gonna translate anything dont translate to Portuguese lol
If I'm not mistaken, his nick means he is deaf, so I think it explains why he's trying to communicate in a very truncated way. I think I understand him, he would like to see some evolution to Retroarch for Wii.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I'm not mistaken, his nick means he is deaf, so I think it explains why he's trying to communicate in a very truncated way. I think I understand him, he would like to see some evolution to Retroarch for Wii.
what does being deaf has to do with writing? deaf people write normally...

Reactions: Surdo123

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cause LIBRAS (Brazilian Sign Language) is different from usual Portuguese.
that doesn't matter... i went with deaf people to school they write just like you and me they learn to read and write normally, you arent doing sign language when writing, you are reading and writing its the same for everyone they have the same disciplines, you cant pass on Portuguese in school typing like that...

• Angry
Reactions: rogerioronin

rogerioronin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that doesn't matter... i went with deaf people to school they write just like you and me they learn to read and write normally, you arent doing sign language when writing, you are reading and writing its the same for everyone they have the same disciplines, you cant pass on Portuguese in school typing like that...
Idiot, just try hard to understand someone under special conditions

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It seems that core is for the standard RA. When I tried to load a cue file with it, it only showed the Sega emulators.
You can modify the INFO file with Notepad and add |extension| in order to make a core recognize files.

For instance: mGBA=|gb|gbc|gba|

Edit: This key/symbol in case people thinks lower case L or uppercase i.
Screenshot_20231031-165452~2.png

Edit2: And likewise, if you don't want a certain extension to get recognized by multiple cores, open the .INFO file and delete the |extension| you don't want. For instance delete |cue| from Sega cores and each time you load a .cue file it'll automatically launch whatever core has |cue| in it's .INFO file.

Last edited by JuanMena,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Too bad it crashes like RA XP
Crashes when? the only crash I get is when I try to exit Retroarch and when I try to enable FPS Counter :/

Tho I have messed up, I compiled the Peops version not the Unai :P

Here's the Unai Core :) (for real this time) :P

Attachments

• pcsx_rearmed_unai_libretro_wii.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Last edited by ploggy,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That info tip is going tobe very useful, specially fot RA on 3DS, thanks JuanMena!

The Unai core I tried did crash several times, even when moving around settings menu, I will try this one later, thanks Ploggy.

Reactions: SaulFabre

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That info tip is going tobe very useful, specially fot RA on 3DS, thanks JuanMena!

The Unai core I tried did crash several times, even when moving around settings menu, I will try this one later, thanks Ploggy.
Looks like its the same with this version too.. It's crashing for me around the menu's as well :( sounds like its all one bug tho which is good.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent been on Wii Retroarch for while until now i tested Donkey Kong country 2 on snes9xgx core it ran slow. does it do to you all ??

ok here I have tested snes9x, 2010 are slow and tested snes9x 2002,2005 and 2005 Plus. Snes9x 2002 has some small glitchy on both sides, snes9x 2005 seems no glitch sides run normal and snes9x 2005 Plus same as 2005 but seems it is tiny speed up than 2005 also I have got all bios for snes in system/bios. totally little bit different than Wii U retroarch i guess

Last edited by FanNintendo,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Here's a new Frodo core (for Commodore 64 / C64) for RA Wii :)

BTW, has anyone make a working build(s) of the VICE core for the Wii? (specifically the x64/x64sc cores)
Because i tried to compile them by myself and when it compiled fine, the resulting dol will always crash in a black screen when trying to load it.

Attachments

• frodo_libretro_wii_18012024.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Some news related to my custom Virtual Jaguar Wii core for Libretro (RetroArch).

Just checked out that if i add the argument ARCH=ppc when compiling the Virtual Jaguar core for Wii, it uses the PowerPC (PPC) code and... it gives a tiny 10-20% speedup because it will use the PPC CPU instead of doing everything by software, but it's still very slow, but not extremely.

1707437986076.png

1707437993424.png

1707437979017.png

For compile it, get my Wii fork source code, then run this command: make platform=wii ARCH=ppc

Gonna post the new build tomorrow, along with another Frodo Wii core, cause i noticed that it has sound issues? (Maybe because i compiled on devkitPPC r41-2 and with RA v1.16.0 (with the external libOGC included in RA Wii source code) instead of dkPPC r29 and RA v1.15.0?)

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol