1. InochiPM

OP InochiPM Member
    Newcomer

United States
    [​IMG]
    Information
    Release Date (JP)
    : Dec 20, 2012
    Genre: Slice-of-life, magical, Animal Crossing like game.
    Link: Wikipedia

Translation:
    InochiPM
    Hacking/Programming: ???
    Graphics: InochiPM

Hello! I'm currently elbow deep into this games files, and translating the textures.
    Having said that i ran into an issue where i cannot put the files back into the original format when using quickbms to extract the files.
    the games files come in .tarc files and within these are sometimes .arc files or .bclim the only program i know that can open bclim and arcs that i know of that i have been using is Kuriimu.
    If someone knows how to pack these files back into the tarc file please dont hesitate to let me know or hell if your willing to help add me on discord and talk to me there cause this is really a one person job right now.

With the textures being edited by me, all that's left is figuring out the files for the scripts and the messages.
    Theres two folders within the game called "Script" & "Message" From what me and a friend figured out is that the message folder is probably what contains the text because in the files theres .rdbt files, and the Message.rdbt has many different files hiding inside of it over 3000 of what we could tell but we don't know that format nor the format that the files inside are.

If you would like to help out with this project in any way add me on discord to message me about what you can do, im currently looking for hackers and programmers i guess?
    Inochi-PM#7835

Some of the things i have edited and translated so far.
    [​IMG]

2. InochiPM

OP InochiPM Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Update Display.
    I have been diligently editing and translating the images very slowly.

I'm still looking for people to help me with the hacking of the files!
    [​IMG]

3. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster

United States
    dude this looks amazing so far.

Moldis, HinaNaru Cutie and InochiPM like this.
  4. HeyImAmethyst

HeyImAmethyst Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is looking really nice! I tried going into the files of this game to try and translate it but couldn't figure it out. I'm not sure how to pack the .tarc files back together and I'm not sure how to open the files in the message folder but I do notice that I can't open message.rdbt or onemsg.rdbt in the archive manger of the program but I can open message.rndx and onemsg.rndx in it. It doesn't show anything in those files though but maybe that information might be useful somehow.

Moldis and HinaNaru Cutie like this.
  5. corvusnyx

corvusnyx Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    I signed up to show support to this project! I wish I could help but I neither have enough programming knowledge nor efficiency in Japanese. I can help with proofreading and testing though, if you ever need. Thanks a lot for doing this!

HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  6. InochiPM

OP InochiPM Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks kindly to Dant for making us a tool that can unpack the TARC files and decompress them at the same time!
    Heres a picture of the logo in the game!

[​IMG]

7. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

United States
    OMG SQUEE I have been waiting for somethign like this to start for AGES !!
    THANK YOU!! GOOD LUCK!

Moldis likes this.
  8. wildbite

wildbite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I want to show my support for this translation! I would be eternally grateful to play this game in English :)

9. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!"

Costa Rica
    This deserves more attention, good job :yay3ds:

ThoD likes this.
  10. HeyImAmethyst

HeyImAmethyst Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I asked some of my friends on Discord to see if they might know about the .rndx and .rbdt files and one of them said they could be just script files and not the ones for the text. Looking at the ones in the script folder, they are probably code for acts or events in the game. Not sure what the ones in the message folder could be. Still could be nice to open the files in that were in the .tarc though. I looked around in my extracted rom and saw a talk.tarc and talkstart.tarc. I extracted these and the talk.tarc gave me some .ofs files but the ones that might be worth looking at is the ones named tpc_cng.bin and word.dat. In the talkstart.tarc I got a whole bunch of .tkst files. I haven't had any luck opening these yet but maybe you might.

11. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    Sounds about right, I haven't looked at this title but in most cases I've come across a "scripts" folder as you said normally handles event related stuff and doesn't normally contain the game text, of course it depends on the game but if you aren't finding text there look else where.

12. carousel

carousel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Had to sign up just to tell you thank you SO MUCH for doing this! When I came across this post, I thought for sure it would be several years old and abandoned - nearly screamed when I saw 2020 in the date/timestamp LOL! Everything you've done looks incredible so far! I wish so badly that I could help out but I am only just now getting into programming and the like (as well as the first Magician's Quest game!) so the most I can do is wish you the best and support you from afar. :) Super exciting!

Moldis, IndieKid and HinaNaru Cutie like this.
  13. RagoXXXX

RagoXXXX Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm also interested in this especially because I hear about this game for the frst time in my life : 0

14. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

United States

OH MY FREAKING GOSH YES PLEASE T_T I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AGES FOR THIS GAME TO APPEAR IN ENGLISH PATCHED..!! Bless you <3!!! I do hope this turns out 100% great for you, i will support this project fully <3

alexander1970 and Moldis like this.
  15. IndieKid

IndieKid Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was wondering if anyone would be willing to translate this game! Excited and hope it goes well! Wish I could help but I can't translate ^^'

16. HinaNaru Cutie

United States
    i am hoping the person who made this post ends up updating on the english translation ;-;"...

alexander1970 and Moldis like this.
  17. IndieKid

IndieKid Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Same. I signed a petition thats recently been made to get it translated and brought to the states in case this doesn't end up going anywhere, but even then thats likely not to go anywhere, as the game company is Konami...

I'm a bit shocked this game hasn't been brought over to the states, considering how popular animal crossing is.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  18. PokeNev

PokeNev GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OMG. Please continue this! I loved the DS game and I REALLY wanna play it English! Good Luck!

19. HinaNaru Cutie

United States
    Konami are just -ahem- assholes, they're never gonna listen to the community unless you got money. They're like that :/. I really would love the team to work on the english patch for this game, possibly ask around on here? Or look for any people who would willingly translate this game. It took me by surprise that someone was actually doing it but sadly the person hasn't responded back to this thread what so ever which makes the chances for english patch 50/50.

alexander1970 and IndieKid like this.
  20. IndieKid

IndieKid Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah thats a shame...
    I've been looking around on here for people, but haven't really found anyone. Will still continue to look though.

Moldis likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Translation], Tongari, Boushi