www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 1.58.49 PM.png

Information
Release Date (JP)
: Dec 20, 2012
Genre: Slice-of-life, magical, Animal Crossing like game.
Link: Wikipedia

Translation:
InochiPM
(Looking for translators to help out with the files)

Hacking/Programming:
MasaGratoR (python scripts for dumping and repacking the text)
darkenedforest (Help with the Code.Bin)
NitroTears (Help with the code.bin)

Graphics:
InochiPM

Hey there you guys, dropping in here to reword this post since i'm working on this project more now.

About The Game:
I'm translating Tongari Boushi: Mahou no Machi for the 3DS, and The games files are going smoothly with the exception of the code.bin file.

This game is about you, a young wizard, who comes to the school to become a wizard! (or an idol)
You go around meeting new faces from the previous versions of the games on the DS and with all of the new
content from those games added in (with the exception of the mysteries theres only the seasonal ones now.)
You go on an adventure to become a full fledged wizard, all the while running a shop in the brand new shopping mall.

Go on a grand adventure to become the best wizard or idol in the town!
Post_header.png

Recruitment:
As of right now, theres still quite a lot of work to be done on the games files.
I'm diligently working on them as fast as i can but as of right now i'm not working at a fast enough pace at all.
In the main message file theres over 1,369 json files that house the games main texts.
In onemsg however theres over 100,000 entries in the single json file.

Other than the text of the game, the UI text is around 75% translated 55% edited to work properly.

I'm on the lookout for people who can help me break up this work into smaller portions and translate it as we go, as i'm going by the games text i can see when i play the game in tandem with the translations files being open and edited.

Not a really efficient way to translate a game but it gives me context when i see the words on the screen of how they should be oriented haha!

If you would like to help out please join the FTI (fan translators International ) discord server, and from there send me a DM on discord.

Alternatively you can send me a personal message here on GBA temp for my discord and we can work from there.

~ InochiPM

Attachments

• Post_header.png
    Post_header.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
Last edited by InochiPM,

HeyImAmethyst

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
heyimamethyst.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
This is looking really nice! I tried going into the files of this game to try and translate it but couldn't figure it out. I'm not sure how to pack the .tarc files back together and I'm not sure how to open the files in the message folder but I do notice that I can't open message.rdbt or onemsg.rdbt in the archive manger of the program but I can open message.rndx and onemsg.rndx in it. It doesn't show anything in those files though but maybe that information might be useful somehow.

corvusnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I signed up to show support to this project! I wish I could help but I neither have enough programming knowledge nor efficiency in Japanese. I can help with proofreading and testing though, if you ever need. Thanks a lot for doing this!

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HeyImAmethyst

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
heyimamethyst.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I asked some of my friends on Discord to see if they might know about the .rndx and .rbdt files and one of them said they could be just script files and not the ones for the text. Looking at the ones in the script folder, they are probably code for acts or events in the game. Not sure what the ones in the message folder could be. Still could be nice to open the files in that were in the .tarc though. I looked around in my extracted rom and saw a talk.tarc and talkstart.tarc. I extracted these and the talk.tarc gave me some .ofs files but the ones that might be worth looking at is the ones named tpc_cng.bin and word.dat. In the talkstart.tarc I got a whole bunch of .tkst files. I haven't had any luck opening these yet but maybe you might.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I asked some of my friends on Discord to see if they might know about the .rndx and .rbdt files and one of them said they could be just script files and not the ones for the text. ReLooking at the ones in the script folder, they are probably code for acts or events in the game.

Sounds about right, I haven't looked at this title but in most cases I've come across a "scripts" folder as you said normally handles event related stuff and doesn't normally contain the game text, of course it depends on the game but if you aren't finding text there look else where.

carousel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to sign up just to tell you thank you SO MUCH for doing this! When I came across this post, I thought for sure it would be several years old and abandoned - nearly screamed when I saw 2020 in the date/timestamp LOL! Everything you've done looks incredible so far! I wish so badly that I could help out but I am only just now getting into programming and the like (as well as the first Magician's Quest game!) so the most I can do is wish you the best and support you from afar. :) Super exciting!

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1WeEbrN.png

Information
Release Date (JP)
: Dec 20, 2012
Genre: Slice-of-life, magical, Animal Crossing like game.
Link: Wikipedia

Translation:
InochiPM
Hacking/Programming: ???
Graphics:
InochiPM

Hello! I'm currently elbow deep into this games files, and translating the textures.
Having said that i ran into an issue where i cannot put the files back into the original format when using quickbms to extract the files.
the games files come in .tarc files and within these are sometimes .arc files or .bclim the only program i know that can open bclim and arcs that i know of that i have been using is Kuriimu.
If someone knows how to pack these files back into the tarc file please dont hesitate to let me know or hell if your willing to help add me on discord and talk to me there cause this is really a one person job right now.

With the textures being edited by me, all that's left is figuring out the files for the scripts and the messages.
Theres two folders within the game called "Script" & "Message" From what me and a friend figured out is that the message folder is probably what contains the text because in the files theres .rdbt files, and the Message.rdbt has many different files hiding inside of it over 3000 of what we could tell but we don't know that format nor the format that the files inside are.

If you would like to help out with this project in any way add me on discord to message me about what you can do, im currently looking for hackers and programmers i guess?
Inochi-PM#7835

Some of the things i have edited and translated so far.
Shop_Plates.png

OH MY FREAKING GOSH YES PLEASE T_T I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AGES FOR THIS GAME TO APPEAR IN ENGLISH PATCHED..!! Bless you <3!!! I do hope this turns out 100% great for you, i will support this project fully <3

IndieKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am hoping the person who made this post ends up updating on the english translation ;-;"...
Same. I signed a petition thats recently been made to get it translated and brought to the states in case this doesn't end up going anywhere, but even then thats likely not to go anywhere, as the game company is Konami...

I'm a bit shocked this game hasn't been brought over to the states, considering how popular animal crossing is.

Last edited by IndieKid,

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Same. I signed a petition thats recently been made to get it translated and brought to the states in case this doesn't end up going anywhere, but even then thats likely not to go anywhere, as the game company is Konami...

I'm a bit shocked this game hasn't been brought over to the states, considering how popular animal crossing is.

Konami are just -ahem- assholes, they're never gonna listen to the community unless you got money. They're like that :/. I really would love the team to work on the english patch for this game, possibly ask around on here? Or look for any people who would willingly translate this game. It took me by surprise that someone was actually doing it but sadly the person hasn't responded back to this thread what so ever which makes the chances for english patch 50/50.

IndieKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Konami are just -ahem- assholes, they're never gonna listen to the community unless you got money. They're like that :/. I really would love the team to work on the english patch for this game, possibly ask around on here? Or look for any people who would willingly translate this game. It took me by surprise that someone was actually doing it but sadly the person hasn't responded back to this thread what so ever which makes the chances for english patch 50/50.
Yeah thats a shame...
I've been looking around on here for people, but haven't really found anyone. Will still continue to look though.

Reactions: Moldis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker