Country
Norway
Reactions: froggestspirit

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my n3ds I can just update my emuNAND to 10.4 through Nintendo's update?

The only reason I'm scares is when I go into system settings in emuNAND, it does not show that I am using a CFW (rxtools used to show that you were using it when checking which update you were on).

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, is there an alternative to get FBI on my 10.4 emunand?
try NASA while on EmuNAND. I have heard that it works for installing non-legit CIAs to EmuNAND while on CFW. However, I do not know how it will react to Memchunkhax not working on 10.4 as I have yet to test it myself.
EDIT: try using decrypt9 as it has the ability to inject FBI over health and safety app on EmuNAND while on sysNAND.

Last edited by driverdis,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my n3ds I can just update my emuNAND to 10.4 through Nintendo's update?

The only reason I'm scares is when I go into system settings in emuNAND, it does not show that I am using a CFW (rxtools used to show that you were using it when checking which update you were on).

Are you using the latest reinand update?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest reinand update?

It's from his github so I am assuming yes. Why, should I be seeing something indicating CFW when I go to settings? Gateway used to say something like GW9.0.2 or something and RXtools had an indication as well.

AceEvo55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Original post updated to reflect Gateway support that was announced a few minutes ago. All relevant CFW now supports 10.4

Reactions: daxtsu

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's from his github so I am assuming yes. Why, should I be seeing something indicating CFW when I go to settings? Gateway used to say something like GW9.0.2 or something and RXtools had an indication as well.

The latest version of Reinand (3.1, the version on the releases page of the github) is bugged and does not show the string. Otherwise it is perfectly fine and I still recommend you use it.

Reactions: Hammyface

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try NASA while on EmuNAND. I have heard that it works for installing non-legit CIAs to EmuNAND while on CFW. However, I do not know how it will react to Memchunkhax not working on 10.4 as I have yet to test it myself.
EDIT: try using decrypt9 as it has the ability to inject FBI over health and safety app on EmuNAND while on sysNAND.
I already fixed it, with a workaround (inject my movable.sed that I wanted to sysnand after backing it up, install a cia installer, then copy to emunand, then restore original sysnand). Might not have been the most efficient way, but it worked (for some reason, it wouldn't even let me use NASA or FBI on 9.2 emunand from homebrew)

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version of Reinand (3.1, the version on the releases page of the github) is bugged and does not show the string. Otherwise it is perfectly fine and I still recommend you use it.

Thank you! So should I update to 10.4 from Nintendo in the system settings while in emuNAND if I'm using reiNAND?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you! So should I update to 10.4 from Nintendo in the system settings while in emuNAND if I'm using reiNAND?

Just double/triple check you're in emuNAND before you enter system settings to do the update (it helps if you use custom themes or have folders that spell "EMU"; just make emuNAND look different, assuming they're unlinked). Once you're in system settings, do not exit it, and then update.

Reactions: Hammyface and Aroth

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just double/triple check you're in emuNAND before you enter system settings to do the update (it helps if you use custom themes or have folders that spell "EMU"; just make emuNAND look different, assuming they're unlinked). Once you're in system settings, do not exit it, and then update.

Thank you so much. Just so I am 100% certain, 10.4 works on emuNAND on the *new* n3ds, not just the old, correct?

Or should I just stay on 9.5?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you so much. Just so I am 100% certain, 10.4 works on emuNAND on the *new* n3ds, not just the old, correct?

Or should I just stay on 9.5?

10.4 works on both, as long as you're using CakesFW or Reinand for New 3DS. RxTools still does not support 9.6 and higher on New 3DS. On Old 3DS, it doesn't matter which CFW you use, feel free to update.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.4 works on both, as long as you're using CakesFW or Reinand for New 3DS. RxTools still does not support 9.6 and higher on New 3DS. On Old 3DS, it doesn't matter which CFW you use, feel free to update.

Yeah I am on reiNAND. I just didn't know if there was some reason to NOT update to 10.4. Like I am hearing that even in emuNAND, if on 10.4 all my games ask to update?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah I am on reiNAND. I just didn't know if there was some reason to NOT update to 10.4. Like I am hearing that even in emuNAND, if on 10.4 all my games ask to update?

Games will always ask to update, but you don't have to. The only one that is *mandatory* to update on 10.4 is Ironfall, but if you have emuNAND, you don't need old Ironfall.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games will always ask to update, but you don't have to. The only one that is *mandatory* to update on 10.4 is Ironfall, but if you have emuNAND, you don't need old Ironfall.

Thank you so much. I think there is a rumor going around that all games have to be on the newest update or they won't launch if you are on 10.4.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right but what I heard is that the 10.4 update introduced a filter and as of now the only title to be added to the filter is ironfall. What I don't think anyone knows for sure, can nintendo now modify this new filter that has been added at anytime without necessarily having to issue a new update that includes a revised filter.

And to add to the commit above, wouldn't it be safe if they do play this wild card to be on 10.3 as to not be affected?

Last edited by democracy,

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right but what I heard is that the 10.4 update introduced a filter and as of now the only title to be added to the filter is ironfall. What I don't think anyone knows for sure, can nintendo now modify this new filter that has been added at anytime without necessarily having to issue a new update that includes a revised filter.

And to add to the commit above, wouldn't it be safe if they do play this wild card to be on 10.3 as to not be affected?
I remember seeing some people saying it's hardcoded into the update. Meaning they actually have to throw an update at us for the filter to update.

Reactions: democracy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o