Update 11.12 and Homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GalladeGuy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. HeavyMetalLoser

HeavyMetalLoser GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    So basically, this update breaks NTR users but Luma users are fine?

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    You refering to ntr cheats? If so there is already a fix for it.

3. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 23, 2018
    Canada
    Stickerhax 4 lyfe! Still working under New 11.12-U.

Remember that sploit-installer is broken and you'll need to update the payload manually.

4. Hollowknight0969

Hollowknight0969 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2019
    United States
    So does this mean I can safely install my 3ds? Im using luma with GM9 and boot9strap with the fredminer/seedminer(?) Thing. Im very new to homebrewing

5. lucas millington

lucas millington Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    do i need to update luma 3ds or can i just update the 3ds as normal and everything will work fine?

6. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    update as normal, all will be fine

7. New3DSer

New3DSer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2019
    Sweden
    Guys, please help me! I can't fix homebrew on my Nintendo New 3DS XL! Can someone please tell me how to do it or just give me all the downloads that are required.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I can't fix Homebrew on my New 3DS XL! Can someone please tell me how to do it or just give me all the downloads that are required.

8. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Well. for starters. hows about you say what exactly is going wrong so we know how to help.

GalladeGuy and KleinesSinchen like this.
  9. kainkill

kainkill Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2019
    United States
    So im reading its safe to update to the new 11.12 Firmware if on Luma3DS. I am currently on 11.10.0-43U firmware using Luma3DS / b9s.

The part i'm confused about is do I need to update b9sTool or is the new b9sTool update only needed if installing CFW on a new device?
    • If I need to update b9sTool, do I just copy the new boot.nds file (from github v5.0.2) onto the root of my sdcard and i'm done? Or is there another process I need to follow to update it?

• If I don't need to update b9sTool, then I just update the Firmware through the normal system update process an i'm done?
    Thank you!

10. James_

James_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Not hell, but not heaven either.
    I'm pretty sure the b9stool update is only needed if you're installing CFW on a new device. I updated without updating b9stool and it works fine.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted