1. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/

2. Stephaniewatson951

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    My steelminer game seems to error when I load it up since updating to this version (I have homebrew installed) how do I fix this because I can’t hack at the moment

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My steelminer game keeps erroring since I updated to 11.13 so I can’t use my homebrew on it, how do I fix this is there something I need to update??? Someone please help!

3. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    Try Bannerbomb method.

4. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Are we doing this again?

Yes, Stickerhax works.

This is unclear. If you've installed Luma, then steelhax isn't supposed to work anymore after you've installed Luma.

Otherwise, what version of firmware were you running before you updated? The payload changed when 11.7 was released, and again when 11.10 was released (but only for E-region units). If you were running an older version, and you didn't install CFW, then you need to update your payload.

In any case, even if you have something against installing CFW, there's really no reason you shouldn't use Picchax instead of Steelhax.

5. Stephaniewatson951

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I didn’t install CFW wasn’t aware I needed to, so if I do that and update my payload will that work?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can I have both bannerbomb method and steelhax installed or do I need to remove steelminer first?

6. Stephaniewatson951

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    how would I update my payload as I think that’s the issue

7. Kwyjor

Canada
    Well, what makes you think that's the issue? There could be a number of different issues here. Were you using an old version of the firmware before? (And is there some reason you updated now?)

If you didn't install CFW, then what exactly have you been doing with Steelhax? Its utility is kind of limited.

https://3ds.eiphax.tech/issues.html has useful troubleshooting advice. (Click the "Steelminer/Steelhax" button.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  8. Stephaniewatson951

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I was using an older version, yes just for hacking the game Animal Crossing New Leaf using Homebrew. I updated my system (3ds console) and now I suddenly can’t open steelminer at all as it errors so I’m not sure what I need to update.

I think updating my payload to 11.13 should do the trick but not sure.

9. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    You shouldnt need to remove steelminer. If you have concers, delete steelminer and go on bannerbomb.

10. TetrisKid48

TetrisKid48 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just have Luma3DS and Rosalina on that list, which means I should be safe, right? I used seedminer but that's just the entry point so i should be good to update. I want to make sure before risking anything!

Edit: i have b9s aswell

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  11. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    Yeah, they are just entrypoint. You have b9s and nand backup, even on worst case scenario, you can restore your nand which is zero chance needed.

12. TetrisKid48

TetrisKid48 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks a lot!

TR_mahmutpek likes this.
  13. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    Ur welcome.

14. Kwyjor

Canada
    So you were using Steelminer to run JKSM to dump your Animal Crossing save? Or were you using the old browser-based exploits?

In any case, the page I linked to tells you what to do.

15. EpicTyphlosion

Newcomer

United States
    Can confirm that Steelhax still works, plus it was done on an old 3DS model (one of the first ones, I believe).

This was the first homebrew install I've done in my life, and I'm surprised how smoothly it went! I'll see if any applications work and make an edit to this post on how it goes.

TR_mahmutpek likes this.
  16. Kwyjor

Canada
    Steelhax has been largely superseded by Picchax, which is just as easy to use and tends to work a little more reliably.

If you didn't install b9s and Luma, you will not be able to run FBI and install .cia files.

17. alex.ap.pacman

alex.ap.pacman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can anyone confirm that some of these exploit still work if so which ones are the least harmful or possible of bricking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. EpicTyphlosion

Newcomer

United States
    I see. I just followed a guide that used steelhax, partly because I didn't want to risk bricking my system since I didn't know if any of the other hacks worked on this firmware (and boy, was I wrong!). But I was able to get Luma on there, and I assume b9s as well since .cia files install just fine. Maybe we should start updating the wiki to reflect the compatability of these hacks?

Also, I would show an obligatory "It runs Doom" picture here, but I'm a newbie so I can't, lol

19. Kwyjor

Canada
    Following video guides is strongly discouraged as they are often incomplete and out of date. In the end, pretty much the only guide anyone needs is http://3ds.guide, which is written in simple language and is regularly kept up-to-date. (It is not exhaustive, but it is adequate for the overwhelmingly vast majority.)

You'll have to be more specific, as I have no idea which wiki you are referring to.

20. PvZinho

PvZinho Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    In this method (bannerbomb) need to format the console sd?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Homebrew, Update,