Hacking The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Savegame editor

Giacopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all great kudos, @marc_max, you did really a great job. :)

I'm wondering if it's possible somehow, with editor or master editor, to mark the "trial of sword" quest as marked, so to unleash the full power of the Master Sword.
I've tried that quest so many times (keep in mind I'm just a casual player, not skilled enough for crazy stuff), and every time for literally hours, just to reach last level and being one-shotted by the boss, or get stuck somewhere in water while lizards were raping me. :D
I find it too frustrating to be fun and, having spent hundred of hours in this game, I'd like not use any cheats or power weapons or anything. Just unlock the Sword quest.

Is it possible? Thanks. :)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all great kudos, @marc_max, you did really a great job. :)

I'm wondering if it's possible somehow, with editor or master editor, to mark the "trial of sword" quest as marked, so to unleash the full power of the Master Sword.
I've tried that quest so many times (keep in mind I'm just a casual player, not skilled enough for crazy stuff), and every time for literally hours, just to reach last level and being one-shotted by the boss, or get stuck somewhere in water while lizards were raping me. :D
I find it too frustrating to be fun and, having spent hundred of hours in this game, I'd like not use any cheats or power weapons or anything. Just unlock the Sword quest.

Is it possible? Thanks. :)
This might help you. :P

Giacopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This might help you. :P

Thanks @lordelan, very kind of you.
I've followed several videos on youtube but, despite they look very clear and simple (and maybe they are), I somehow always end up doing something wrong, like throwing a bomb on my face or sliding in the water and not able to climb up to land while lizard are spitting on me. :)
I know it's a my limit but my gameplay is very relaxed and those levels really make pressure on me. So, if there was a switch variable somewhere, I would be happier. I know I'm skipping a part of the fun, but I don't want to end up in frustration wasting a lot of time for nothing (like the Eventide island quest, I ended up there at the beginning of game and spent a whole evening doing it). :D

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks @lordelan, very kind of you.
I've followed several videos on youtube but, despite they look very clear and simple (and maybe they are), I somehow always end up doing something wrong, like throwing a bomb on my face or sliding in the water and not able to climb up to land while lizard are spitting on me. :)
I know it's a my limit but my gameplay is very relaxed and those levels really make pressure on me. So, if there was a switch variable somewhere, I would be happier. I know I'm skipping a part of the fun, but I don't want to end up in frustration wasting a lot of time for nothing (like the Eventide island quest, I ended up there at the beginning of game and spent a whole evening doing it). :D
Haha the first time I got to that f*cking island was at 21 pm when I was about to sleep.
Went to bed at 3 am. :D

Giacopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haha the first time I got to that f*cking island was at 21 pm when I was about to sleep.
Went to bed at 3 am. :D
Yeah, that's the feeling. :D

I don't mind having to redo something several times, as long as I don't have the feeling I'm wasting my time and getting nothing in return. It's not a race against the world, it would have been fine to have to restart a level until you got it right, but being at the 12th level and dying, and getting back to Hyrule forest with nothing in hand is just too punitive.
I know it's a japanese game, and Japanese gamers love challenges. But I'm not Japanese. :P

davidballardjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this have a setting to where I can have all 120 shrines completed. I know that I can edit my spirit orbs to 120 but I would also like to be able to warp to shrines without having to find all 120 of them

EDIT: Never mind, I used the master editor to make it to where all 120 shrines show up on the map. Also used the master editor to make the master sword have full power

Last edited by davidballardjr,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
@marc_max I've created a very basic Android app of this save editor for personal use. Would you be interested in chatting via Hangouts so we can discuss maybe releasing it?
The sourcecode is released via MIT license. You can use, edit, reelease and do whatever you want with it.
A mention will be appreciated though :-)

skully213

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there, I come here because, the saddest thing of all my entire gamer life happened to me, my PC got infected by a :gun:JAVA Ransomeware and i have lost many of my personal files and in the wave i have lost my precious BOTW save file :cry:. Now that is said, i have found a similar save, but one of the divine beast done is wrong, is there a way to replace it by the one i have done?

Last edited by skully213,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I come here because, the saddest thing of all my entire gamer life happened to me, my PC got infected by a :gun:JAVA Ransomeware and i have lost many of my personal files and in the wave i have lost my precious BOTW save file :cry:. Now that is said, i have found a similar save, but one of the divine beast done is wrong, is there a way to replace it by the one i have done?

You could of connected your HDD/SSD to another PC via SATA and looked through your drive to backup any files you need to before formatting your drive.

Thats what I would of done anyway. lol.

skully213

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could of connected your HDD/SSD to another PC via SATA and looked through your drive to backup any files you need to before formatting your drive.

Thats what I would of done anyway. lol.

Thank you, but its not my question, my question is there a way with the save editor to change the divine beast done.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, but its not my question, my question is there a way with the save editor to change the divine beast done.

No there is not. Not that I know of anyway. I know you can add the items you get from the Divine Beasts to your save, such as Revali's Gale, Daruk's Protection, and so on.

Why not use PandaOnSmack's Trainer to beat the Divine Beasts? Its VERY easy to beat the Divine Beasts using his trainer, with INF Health, INF Durability, Moon Jump/FLY, etc... I beat Ruta in about 2mins. lol. I beat the boss with a single shot from my bow by increasing my bows Attack Power by 6000.

And you can turn the codes on and off when ever you need to if you want.

skully213

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No there is not. Not that I know of anyway. I know you can add the items you get from the Divine Beasts to your save, such as Revali's Gale, Daruk's Protection, and so on.

Why not use PandaOnSmack's Trainer to beat the Divine Beasts? Its VERY easy to beat the Divine Beasts using his trainer, with INF Health, INF Durability, Moon Jump/FLY, etc... I beat Ruta in about 2mins. lol. I beat the boss with a single shot from my bow by increasing my bows Attack Power by 6000.

And you can turn the codes on and off when ever you need to if you want.

The problem is not that its hard, but that i have already done it before...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe someone here have a save with va ruta and va rudania only done?

Gtfo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
None of the 'add pins' buttons are working for me. I've used this editor multiple times before, dunno why it isn't working now. Tried the live html version and download from github.

Edit: revised the changes from 2 days ago and it's fixed.

Last edited by Gtfo,

bodyXY

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello @All

i have the problem, if i use the Editor, i get every time a corrupting save file, also if i change only the Rupine Counter zu 99999

Switch - 4.1.0 - Checkpoint 3.1.0 - BotW 1.0

know anyone a solution for this problem?

sorry for my bad english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la