Homebrew ROM Hack The Legend of Zelda: Shattered Hearts - a wild expansion of BotW for Wii U

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bit of a rant since I don't know where else to put it and all hope is lost.

So i figured I'd mess with BCML again. Big fucking mistake. Updated it, set all my paths, tried to drop in my old mod folder for the profile as my old set up fucked those up but it wouldn't take it.

I then downloaded a few mods to reinstall fresh. Dropped one in, hit install and yeah this is normal..... All of my desktop wiped with a flash. Not even in the bin, not in an output folder from bcml. Fucking nuked. Done a system restore to yesterday and got back one folder... Empty.

So as I say, just a rant as to why that happened and I'm seriously pissed off about it. Absolutely no explanation as to what the fuck happened but bcml was the culprit. Seriously pissed off.
"Nah man, its your fault for not knowing how to use this piece of badly coded software"
Seriously that's not a good program, like at all. Reason why i stopped playing Breath of the Wild mods at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Celdyr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bit of a rant since I don't know where else to put it and all hope is lost.

So i figured I'd mess with BCML again. Big fucking mistake. Updated it, set all my paths, tried to drop in my old mod folder for the profile as my old set up fucked those up but it wouldn't take it.

I then downloaded a few mods to reinstall fresh. Dropped one in, hit install and yeah this is normal..... All of my desktop wiped with a flash. Not even in the bin, not in an output folder from bcml. Fucking nuked. Done a system restore to yesterday and got back one folder... Empty.

So as I say, just a rant as to why that happened and I'm seriously pissed off about it. Absolutely no explanation as to what the fuck happened but bcml was the culprit. Seriously pissed off.
I understand you. It's far from being as straightforward as one might think with this kind of operation. Not to mention the testing that follows and the problems related to the technical limitations of the Wii U.

how did you fix it to run on the wii u?
I also tried to play with v1.9.12b. But in ordon village i usually get a freeze after some minutes. And lots of blood moons

If the fix is easy i would also give it a try
Yes of course you can download and play Shattered Hearts if you want to.
Post automatically merged:

It loads so slow in Aroma. Is it just my Wii U?
It's better to follow my installation procedure and play on Tiramisu for now.

Last edited by Celdyr,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
"Nah man, its your fault for not knowing how to use this piece of badly coded software"
Seriously that's not a good program, like at all. Reason why i stopped playing Breath of the Wild mods at all.
I remember it at some point being forced to all BOTW modders on GameBanana, not sure if it is still the case, it was a extremely dumb idea.

RAD047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loving this mod. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.

Just wanted to ask can I change the camera angle when playing? I prefer the older zoomed out style

Reactions: Celdyr

k_huntington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so am i supposed to have any sort of visual cue that this has successfully patched when the game starts? cause i follow the instructions as noted above for loading the sd card, then on wiiu i go to plugin system, toggle cafiine, press + button, but when i launch the game, for all i can tell it's just breath of the wild?? link awakens in the cave of awakening in his shorts. am i missing something?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so am i supposed to have any sort of visual cue that this has successfully patched when the game starts? cause i follow the instructions as noted above for loading the sd card, then on wiiu i go to plugin system, toggle cafiine, press + button, but when i launch the game, for all i can tell it's just breath of the wild?? link awakens in the cave of awakening in his shorts. am i missing something?
Tiramisu or Aroma? SDcafiine folder needs to be in wiiu folder instead of sd card root for it to work on Aroma. FYI it works better on Tiramisu side, because it's super slow on Aroma.

Reactions: jeannotte

k_huntington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiramisu or Aroma? SDcafiine folder needs to be in wiiu folder instead of sd card root for it to work on Aroma. FYI it works better on Tiramisu side, because it's super slow on Aroma.
i'm such a moron. i read those instructions over and over and over again, and still did it wrong. lolz. on tiramisu, but i had cafiine in the apps folder instead of the root. changed it to root and started right up! thanks!

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I tried the mod in Aroma and Tiramisu:
Aroma: takes very long times to load, i loaded my save from botw expert mode and everything seems to be ok, but i don't know if i need to start a new game or i can play it with my save
Tiramisu: load times are much faster but some skins doesn't load well and i saw some bugs, i started a new game and everything was ok but then a pressed home, then close the home menu and the game frezzed.

In aroma the mod has to be in SD:wiiu\sdcafiine\00050000101C9400\The Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hearts
in tiramisu the mod has to be in SD:sdcafiine\00050000101C9400\The Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hearts

My only question is, the better way to play it is starting a new game or continue with my botw save?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried the mod in Aroma and Tiramisu:
Aroma: takes very long times to load, i loaded my save from botw expert mode and everything seems to be ok, but i don't know if i need to start a new game or i can play it with my save
Tiramisu: load times are much faster but some skins doesn't load well and i saw some bugs, i started a new game and everything was ok but then a pressed home, then close the home menu and the game frezzed.

In aroma the mod has to be in SD:wiiu\sdcafiine\00050000101C9400\The Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hearts
in tiramisu the mod has to be in SD:sdcafiine\00050000101C9400\The Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hearts

My only question is, the better way to play it is starting a new game or continue with my botw save?
For what i understand Aroma SDCafiine is more accurate than Tiramisu SDCafiine. Somehow that makes Second Wind to load up way slower using Aroma than it would Tiramisu, but Tiramisu is less accurate so skin mods would sometimes more issues.
For your other question since part of this modpack is Relic of the Past you should really start a new game for the best results.

Reactions: KeinesR

Ayranman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to run this pack of mods in Cemu, should I package them myself 'cause just merging the content folders won't work, for example the shrine of resurection doesnt load properly and link is stilll link.

On the WiiU side everything works as aspected.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm really tired of this manic obsession with femalizing every single video game out there. It's getting really, really old. Why not just respect the original vision of the creators. 🙄

Reactions: marchrius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1