Hacking The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Savegame editor

Anderusen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy. You see, I'm really a noob when it comes to these things. I know the basic file manipulations and how to use some cheats, but I have no idea how to do what you just told me ;;

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Can this be used with saves from other region versions? Like can I edit a save from the Japanese version of the game?
Yes.

Cons:
Quests are missing
Quests can be edited in the master editor.

can dev add the orb things that you use to buy more stamina and hearts.

*snip*
I'm not sure what are you asking. You are able to edit orbs in the editor since the first version.

I didn't realise they worked with the Wii U, wow! /s
Indeed, it had been compatible with both versions since first version, which was released shortly after the game.

I am using Cemu 1.12.2 And it doesn't seem to be working. No matter how many times I repeat the process of editing my save file and changing the game_data.sav file with the new one, nothing changes, not even my rupees. I load my game and nothing's there, can anyone help?
You are probably not replacing the correct file. Check the thumbnail jpg files in order to identify which folder (0,1,2,3,4) is your latest savegame.

Can you add Majora's mask? I don't see it in there. Is it possible?
Majora's Mask is in the list. Try to type majora when the item dropdown is open.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: qaz015393

TheHolyPenguin2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i have a question about the dlc master sword the one that is the charged up version i cannot add it it just wont appear when i load the save file is there a fix?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@marc_max Hi,

Just a quick question, why there is no option to edit the remaining uses of Revali's Gale?
180816122511109543.png

Edit: Sorry, it was. I didn't know the english name of it, it's the Rito option.

Last edited by Asia81,

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Will it be possible in the future edit the "Play time" to avoid losing the routes explored on the map after exceeding 200 hours of play?

One of the latest wiiu botw updates allows you to indicate in green the routes you have already explored, but if you exceed 200 hours this disappears completely and it is restarted

Last edited by skins20,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will it be possible in the future edit the "Play time" to avoid losing the routes explored on the map after exceeding 200 hours of play?

One of the latest wiiu botw updates allows you to indicate in green the routes you have already explored, but if you exceed 200 hours this disappears completely and it is restarted
You can already change your playtime.
Make a backup of you save, then edit the playtime to 199h59m59s and see if routes will be deleted.
If so, then just load your backup and edit playtime to 0h, it should be simple as that.

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can already change your playtime.
Make a backup of you save, then edit the playtime to 199h59m59s and see if routes will be deleted.
If so, then just load your backup and edit playtime to 0h, it should be simple as that.

Is not possible,because you cant edit the valor of "Play time"

The "Play time" it is not an editable value in this "Save game editor"

Hero's Path Mode: This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

This is from Nintendo's page of the DLC, which says 'the last 200 hours of gameplay

Last edited by skins20,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country

No. Map tracking data is stored in other files.

Reactions: skins20

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi :)
Just a quick question, is it possible to complete the Compendium with this save editor?
I've tried to use the "Set to stock" option but that resets all the photos I have already taken back to the stock picture and doesn't fill up everything.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can you tell me what to tick/change in master editor to have full power master sword without doing trial of the sword ?

Jerzeeloon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know if it's possible to use savemii to make save backup, edit the save then restore it with savemii? I really just wanted to add more hearts, master sword,hylian shield and a couple armor sets but I'm worried about it not working right and having to start the game over.
Edit: I jumped the gun and went ahead and tried my luck without waiting for a response. And to my favor it worked like a charm I achieved exactly what I wanted and didn't brick my console or bork my save! I wasn't so much worried about the save editor but I had no prior experience with savvine or savemii and it seemed like savemii was a little easier for entry level. My concern was I just use haxchi and there seemed to be people in the savemii thread saying you have to use mocha even if you have haxchi or it won't work. Well I didn't use mocha and it worked fine.

Last edited by Jerzeeloon,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know if it's possible to use savemii to make save backup, edit the save then restore it with savemii? I really just wanted to add more hearts, master sword,hylian shield and a couple armor sets but I'm worried about it not working right and having to start the game over.
It should work, though I haven't used savemii, I normally just copy the save files directly with ftpiiu, but the principle should be the same. Worst case scenario, you mess up the save and have to restore the previous save, which you should be backing up.

Reactions: Jerzeeloon

Jerzeeloon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work, though I haven't used savemii, I normally just copy the save files directly with ftpiiu, but the principle should be the same. Worst case scenario, you mess up the save and have to restore the previous save, which you should be backing up.

yep works like a charm I did make a copy of my backup as a prerequisite and then edited the copy and then I restored it. No problems.

Last edited by Jerzeeloon,

Jerzeeloon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the inquiries I just wanted to say this is a fantastic editor and for the most part very easy to use and achieve desired game enhancements. But by any chance is there any clear tutorial on how to set the values for weapons and shields. I initially left all the values default wanting to just get the items into my game but it seems like the Hylian Shield actually broke quicker than it would in the default game and the master sword was only good for a few hits before it had to recharge. So I went back and skimmed through the thread several times I seen a few different suggestions with different number variations for the durability and attack but I wasn't even really sure what boxes to enter what value and which weapons and shields were eligible for upgrades so through experimentation I figured out that the durability would be the box to the right and I just used the 65500 I seen in the sample save and it did seem to increase my durability pretty good but for attack a lot of swords I had I did attack up* and would enter 2 or 4 in box below but apparently some of the weapons aren't eligible for that and it actually lowers the default attack values for that weapon so I didn't know if I should leave that all that blank or if I could change numbers to increase attack. I tried cross-referencing with some chart somebody made for a trainer but it didn't seem to correlate with this Save Editor. I'm totally fine with not messing with attack defaults as durabilty was my bigger concern. But out of curiosity I just wanted to know if anyone could just give a brief explanation of the weapons/shield modifiers what weapons/shields are elgible for what upgrades and what the box below values should be?

Neverbliss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell me what to tick/change in master editor to have full power master sword without doing trial of the sword ?

Highly interested in this exact same question as well...
Basically I would like to have the master sword upgraded so that when I pull it out of the kokiri forest, the sword will already start maxed out without any trials.

Also curious, how to get the editors to work offline? I already tried downloading the .zip from GitHub and it doesn't work. It doesn't "save" and for example I can't add items and the item icons doesn't work while offline. I'm concerned for the preservation as well for the simple reason that sometimes I don't have a connection and I don't want to not being able to use it. Any help with both of these requests will be highly appreciated!

Neverbliss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highly interested in this exact same question as well...
Basically I would like to have the master sword upgraded so that when I pull it out of the kokiri forest, the sword will already start maxed out without any trials.

Also curious, how to get the editors to work offline? I already tried downloading the .zip from GitHub and it doesn't work. It doesn't "save" and for example I can't add items and the item icons doesn't work while offline. I'm concerned for the preservation as well for the simple reason that sometimes I don't have a connection and I don't want to not being able to use it. Any help with both of these requests will be highly appreciated!

I managed to upgrade the master sword. What I can't figure out is how to change durability in the master editor.
When I pull out the sword, it does 60 damage and it has the blue glow and it can throw those beam attacks, but the durability it's still the vanilla master sword, which is around 40 attacks before breaking instead of 200 attacks.

Neverbliss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you upgrade the master sword?
Well, I simply edited my save in the master editor. Find "Open_MasterSword_FullPower" and tilt that box.
Still, as I said, is not completely upgraded since the durability is also supposed to go up. I still haven't found the variable for this yet. If someone already knows, they should contribute...

Reactions: noreason4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.