ROM Hack RELEASE The Legend of Heroes: Trails To Azure Kai - Complete English & Partial Japanese patch + QoL patches

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

jkphage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing, and I really appreciate the effort put in to bring these versions to English speaking players now instead of having to wait several *years* for the official releases for some stupid reason.

Any chance you plan to give a similar treatment to the Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 Switch ports, since they're literally just sitting on them for like three years for no good reason? I'd love to get started on the series sometime in the near future, but I'm not going to until I know I'll be able to play through at least the Crossbell and Trails of Cold Steel sections on the Switch entirely. Not a fan of jumping around between consoles.

Reactions: AshenWolf

Randolph_orlando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello, the game crashes for me in chapter 3, day 2, just after clicking on descend in the forest.

Thank you.

Edit: i apologize, i did not see the page 2, i will use the updated patch

Last edited by Randolph_orlando,

zopeda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Amazing. Would ut be possible to do something like this on the new released ports of Cold Steel 1 and 2 that don't have english?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Amazing. Would ut be possible to do something like this on the new released ports of Cold Steel 1 and 2 that don't have english?
I was a tester for both patches of the Crossbell arc and I'll be heading the efforts to create an English patch for the new Cold Steel 1 port this time around. In theory, it should be easier to do since the game has actually been officially localized and the English script files aren't based off of a completely different variant of the game.

I've used a mix of files from the PS4 and PC versions and currently have the entire scenario and most non-scenario implemented. There's still some kinks to iron out, though. Texture replacements completely crash the game. As a result, battle UI graphics are entirely in Japanese and can't currently be replaced with English assets. There's also some spacing issues with various UI strings. English voice acting is also another issue entirely. Due to these issues, I'm not quite ready to toss up a topic or a release just yet. I'll do so when I'm confident in a release that's as stable as I can reasonably make it. :)

Here's two early pics in the meantime.

2021.07.08_062704.jpg

2021.07.08_064157.jpg

Cold Steel 2 is not even released iirc.

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. First off, thank you for this port of the English translation. I'm not quite on this game yet but was wondering if the crashes discussed a few weeks ago are present in the version linked in the OP.

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello. First off, thank you for this port of the English translation. I'm not quite on this game yet but was wondering if the crashes discussed a few weeks ago are present in the version linked in the OP.
Only one crash is present in the current version and it happens in the last hour of the game.
A temporary fix is to hold the B button during the whole scene where it crashes.

Reactions: aarstar

dpozzolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any news on the Cold Steel patch being made by @tombly ? afaik CS2 comes today

They were just kind enough to answer me when I asked if someone was doing it. Now we know it's in the works, and is going to be shared when ready. Let's just wait patiently, nobody has any obligation to do this patch, anyways.

jimkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would rather they relax and work on Hajimari that comes out in the next 2 or 3 weeks instead of Cold Steel 1 & 2 re-re-release.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would rather they relax and work on Hajimari that comes out in the next 2 or 3 weeks instead of Cold Steel 1 & 2 re-re-release.
I would rather not focus on translating game that have official translation confirmed on the way.
Beside only available translation is not even a mod, but a PC program that shows overlay over texts of PS4 streamed game. So porting it as Switch mod would be far more troubling than Geofront mods.

Last edited by masagrator,

traydo0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
nobody knows, they'll give an update on the progress once they feel ready... ngl this is kind of rude

Well I apologize if it came across as rude, was just curious if anybody had some info on the progress. They should take all the time they need to do it of course.

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1.1.2 Update
  • Fix crashes on the finale of the game (thanks to Zakaria)
  • Fix car color change text overflowing with checkmark icon (using now monospaced space to get correct width)
  • Fix promotion equipment reward text being centered incorrectly to the left causing it to be outside the box
  • Fixed enemy names overflowing by shrinking them horizontally when too long (like chapter 3 description on save menu)
  • Fixed missing exclamation marks on certain parts of the game.
  • Fixed a few typos on the additional dialogue.
Sorry it took so long, I needed a break from this and I was kinda burnt out. Anyways, the game can be finally played from start to end without crashes nor major gameplay/visual issues, so considering that and the fact that this release will eventually be superseeded, this will be the last release. I also noticed that text corrections were submitted last week as well, so I won't be able to forward any corrections for the Kai text anymore (I couldn't find any more errors myself though, the text doesn't seem to have any more errors).

I won't be updating Zero, there's only minimal text stuff left that's not worth updating for.

Download link (also updated main thread):
Removed - read note at main post.

Last edited by Graber,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...