Translation スイカゲーム aka Watermelon Game English Patch

blashy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 2: International versions of the game now have an official English localization, please buy the new international version to play in English! Thank you for all the support!

Update: The game is now available internationally! Please note that at the time of writing, this version is not in English either, once I get ahold of this new version I'll see if the patch works with it, and if not I'll make the adjustments and post a new version to accomodate.

Hello! Thanks to @hippy dave for the suggestion to translate this game, was pretty easy and a lot of fun. The patch is 99.9% complete but I'm calling it a final release unless there's some huge bug I didn't spot. The text that is untranslated is super minor but I just couldn't find it in the game files.

Download

2023101210090200_s.jpg

2023101210091200_s.jpg

2023101210145900_s.jpg

I hope you enjoy the patch! It's a really cute game, surprisingly addictive too. Lemme know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Last edited by blashy101,

narwhal22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's because I've never patched a game before, but I am having such a rough time applying the patch with xdelta, I got the patch, and the original source file in the same folder, but when I try applying the patches I get the error XD3_INVALID_INPUT and I haven't been able to find anything helpful online, hoping I fix it myself eventually, just sucks because I've never done anything like this before XD

blashy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's because I've never patched a game before, but I am having such a rough time applying the patch with xdelta, I got the patch, and the original source file in the same folder, but when I try applying the patches I get the error XD3_INVALID_INPUT and I haven't been able to find anything helpful online, hoping I fix it myself eventually, just sucks because I've never done anything like this before XD

Can you post a screenshot of your xdelta patcher? I just double checked and the patching process was a success for me. https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

this is the program I'm using ^

Your patch file should be first, then the assets file and then make a new output file called whatever you want (just rename it later) and you should be good to go.

narwhal22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1697233189607.png

1697233125519.png

anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm using the same one that you provided in the link, I have done the patch file first, and then the source file second, maybe I'm doing the output file bit wrong? but I mean that shouldn't be the part that's messing up, the only thing I found online is that I might be using a different version than you, but I don't know if that would affect it or not

(also sorry for taking so long, I kept getting some kind of message because I'm new to the forums or something and didn't know what was causing it 😂)

blashy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 399086
View attachment 399085
anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm using the same one that you provided in the link, I have done the patch file first, and then the source file second, maybe I'm doing the output file bit wrong? but I mean that shouldn't be the part that's messing up, the only thing I found online is that I might be using a different version than you, but I don't know if that would affect it or not

(also sorry for taking so long, I kept getting some kind of message because I'm new to the forums or something and didn't know what was causing it 😂)
Are you patching the .resS file or the .assets file?

narwhal22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am patching the .resS file. resources, sharedassets1 (and 3) are all .resS files, and then the 3 patches all in the same folder

blashy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am patching the .resS file. resources, sharedassets1 (and 3) are all .resS files, and then the 3 patches all in the same folder
Okay that's the problem, so, you should be patching files named resources.assets, sharedassets1.assets and sharedassets3.assets.

Here's my romFS dump so you can see what I mean:

romfs.png

Pardon the crude msPaint I just didn't know how to quickly show what I mean lol

Reactions: narwhal22

narwhal22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my gosh, I feel so stupid now for messing that up, thank you so much for clarifying that, I would have never noticed the difference, thank you greatly and I am very excited to finally try out this patch!! Thank you again, and have a great day!!

blashy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my gosh, I feel so stupid now for messing that up, thank you so much for clarifying that, I would have never noticed the difference, thank you greatly and I am very excited to finally try out this patch!! Thank you again, and have a great day!!
Haha no worries!! Enjoy the game! :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have sys-tweak installed on your Switch, you can give Watermelon Game an English icon and title by putting the icon.jpg and config.ini from this zip into /atmosphere/contents/0100800015926000/
If you don't like the icon and just want the English title, delete icon.jpg - if you just want the icon and not the English title then delete config.ini

Icon looks like this, I just knocked it up using the logo from blashy's translation
icon.jpg

Attachments

• WatermelonGameEnglishIcon.zip
    87.8 KB · Views: 19

wasdwasd231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I followed all the steps but the game hasn't been translated. Maybe it's because of what I've named the patched files? Currently I just named them patch1, patch2, and patch3 respectively 😂. Is there a specific name I should be giving them?

Thanks for the translation by the way!

Edit: I should add that my patched files don't have any file type. Should I name them, patch1.assets and so on?

Last edited by wasdwasd231,

blashy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I followed all the steps but the game hasn't been translated. Maybe it's because of what I've named the patched files? Currently I just named them patch1, patch2, and patch3 respectively 😂. Is there a specific name I should be giving them?

Thanks for the translation by the way!

Edit: I should add that my patched files don't have any file type. Should I name them, patch1.assets and so on?
Hi! Yes, there is no patch1 or patch 2 etc, when you patch your resource.assets etc, they should be called the same thing and loaded via LayeredFS.

It should look like this for you:

Untitled.png

• Haha
Reactions: wasdwasd231

Kloytz

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
a
Post automatically merged:

Hi, is the process the same for the patch, if im using an emulator like yuzu?
Sorry for the stupid question im new using emulators

Reactions: blashy101

blashy101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a

Hi, is the process the same for the patch, if im using an emulator like yuzu?
Sorry for the stupid question im new using emulators
Yes it’s the same for process for emulator! You can dump your romfs in Yuzu, apply patches and make your mod folder and it should work no problem. If you have trouble I’ll check the set up I did for my wife for her Yuzu installation and see what it looks like to help you.

If you have sys-tweak installed on your Switch, you can give Watermelon Game an English icon and title by putting the icon.jpg and config.ini from this zip into /atmosphere/contents/0100800015926000/
If you don't like the icon and just want the English title, delete icon.jpg - if you just want the icon and not the English title then delete config.ini

Icon looks like this, I just knocked it up using the logo from blashy's translation
View attachment 399420
Looks great man! Thanks for making this! I have it running on my Switch!

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol