ni no kuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - English patched - doesn't work on 3DS

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

i have updated my 3DS XL to latest Twilight ++ and nds bootstrap version. I'm trying to run "Ni no kuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - English patched" but it appears awhite screen and the game doesn't start. Do you know if it is supported? I tried the game on the pc emualtor (DesMume) and it perfectly works.

Thank you very much

EDIT: i solve the problem. In order to use the patched version, it is necessary to download an already patched game with the anti-piracy fix. Now it perfectly works!

Last edited by legolas119,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
TWLmenu++ comes with AP patches, but they probably don't work on modified games (since the hash is different), a potential workaround for this is to update the hash in the AP patches so it matches the modified ROM.

Moogley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your response! But I really don't have any hacking experience like that. Sounds like something I won't be able to do, unfortunately.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about this as well. Are you refering to the hash of the .nds file? Or the hash of something contained within the .nds file?

theshepard22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same ballpark for me! 3ds updated Luna firmware and Twilight++. Other games I recently added to twilight play fine it seems. But I get two white screens when adding the patched rom to twilight. I believe I've also tried to use the pre- patched English version and open in twilight and that didn't work either. It makes me wonder if there is something fundamentally wrong here. *The rom is there for both of them but it fails to launch.* Should I update the console in general maybe? I don't really know.

theshepard22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using twlmenu & forwarder worked for me.
🤔Crazy. What console model do you have exactly Egoista?
Post automatically merged:

I'm not 100% sure what's causing all of these issues for people (albeit similar ones) for adding this patched game and getting it running. I believe an R4 card uploaded to the ds would work well though from what I've been researching. There are R4 specific downloads for the game. They may still need patching, but perhaps some downloads don't.

theshepard22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android through Drastic works for me 👍 not the same quality experience as on a dsi xl, but it's there! I believe it's the version I patched myself. Not sure 100 percent. It could have been a prepatched file as well. I just know that on my android and with that emulator it was much more seamless to open it up and get going. As far as a 3ds working version- I don't have the forwarder for twilight, at least not for that game. Not sure if that would have made any difference though other than it being quicker to see that the game freezes/doesn't register to the 3ds.

Also- I have some footage of it working well on a dsi ll/xl that I'm buying from someone. They also mentioned struggling a bit with it and needing to change the download file because it was wrong. Unfortunately that is all the information I have. But hopefully this is useful for some people who are tinkering with this game and looking to play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto