Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From watching this video, my guess is 99.5 % of users won't be able to install this properly on their Switch Lite (and I include myself). They'll have to find a skilled tiny soldering guy somewhere to do the job for them, or buy a pre-modded console. Nintendo doesn't have to worry too much about large-scale piracy concerning this modchip, and shutting down the resellers is just playing it safe.

I can only agree - you have to find a soldering guy who is tiny, nothing can go wrong then.

D

Deleted User

How tall are you?

Above or below? :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From watching this video, my guess is 99.5 % of users won't be able to install this properly on their Switch Lite (and I include myself). They'll have to find a skilled tiny soldering guy somewhere to do the job for them, or buy a pre-modded console. Nintendo doesn't have to worry too much about large-scale piracy concerning this modchip, and shutting down the resellers is just playing it safe.

Im leaning towards $40 to install these - I really hate re-doing the thermal paste LOL

Reactions: weatMod

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
wow now im doubting if i can do this on the switch lite! those are ridiculously small contact points!
Try to pretin a little the contacts and then just spread it

No. You will need to purchase the proper screwdrivers... I recommend the Ifixit Kit.

69... shit!

I think I'm gonna continue with my wiha and I'll buy a triwing

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im leaning towards $40 to install these - I really hate re-doing the thermal paste LOL
I gotta admire someone who can do this kind of soldering job with confidence. :bow: The only modchips I installed in my life were on the first PSX and also on the OG XBOX. And I sweated bullets while doing that. I can't see myself doing anything of that nature on new hardware now, the way everything is practically microscopic compared to 20 years ago.

Reactions: Deleted User

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX LITE installation for Nintendo Switch video. Watch before its taken down!

i saved it , but when i went to save it i found pedo jewlywood had already got my go to downloader taken down
savefromnet is gone
F to pay respects

i really hope COVID 19 shutting down theaters puts hollywood totally out of business for good
everyone should cancel their NF sub
anyone who pays for any content is just contributing to the problem and supporting criminal terrorists

bockers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Try to pretin a little the contacts and then just spread it

69... shit!

I think I'm gonna continue with my wiha and I'll buy a triwing

Yeah it doesn't look too bad. At least don't need to solder some tiny wires.

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i saved it , but when i went to save it i found pedo jewlywood had already got my go to downloader taken down
savefromnet is gone
F to pay respects

i really hope COVID 19 shutting down theaters puts hollywood totally out of business for good
everyone should cancel their NF sub
anyone who pays for any content is just contributing to the problem and supporting criminal terrorists

Eh???

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are going after the video downloaders too now
on top of the youtube censorship
the really want to make it so nobody can post anything they want full control
RIPsavfromnet.png

Whitak3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are going after the video downloaders too now
on top of the youtube censorship
the really want to make it so nobody can post anything they want full control

Go look at youtube.dl on github. There is also a gui version thats called youtube-dl-gui.

Works perfect and don't have to worry about 3rd party sites going offline.

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeap didnt realize they were so little

Just opened my lite to have a look, and yeah they're tiny and will be tricky to work on, but not impossible. Some practice on scrap boards should help, but anyone not comfortable should look for someone experienced with this kind of soldering to do it for them. Don't risk your console, people.

Well... keep in mind most of them go together, for example, those doubles go linked

This. While they're small, there's not much risk of bridging a solder point to something it shouldn't connect to, since they are supposed to go together anyway. Also, they're previously unused pads, so solder should flow better compared to the points on the CPU, where those caps have lead-free solder already on them.

S_Sustain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just opened my lite to have a look, and yeah they're tiny and will be tricky to work on, but not impossible. Some practice on scrap boards should help, but anyone not comfortable should look for someone experienced with this kind of soldering to do it for them. Don't risk your console, people.

This ^^^^^^

I've been practicing for a couple of months now on scrap boards and have got to the stage where I'm fairly comfortable. Took an old DVDROM drive apart last night and spent an hour desoldering tiny resistors and caps (about 2mmx1mm), cleaning, refluxing and tinning the pads, then soldering them back on. Take your time and don't rush it and you'll start to get a feel for what works for you and what doesn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qsAC1PwgOw4?si=Sg3MyfzX8oksgrho This song didn't help their reputation