Hacking Homebrew My best friend's switch stopped... Well, switching as it should.

Julius57

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok other than the sarcastic title, there is little to be sarcastic about, the situation's tragic.
( Pre-Scriptum, I'm gonna be long because there is quite a bit of explaining to do, and I'm totally ready to hear people it was useless because the solution to the problem is easy, like, I have a feeling that it's gonna be something easy, but please, bare with me, I want you all to understand fully the situation that has unfolded from the beginning so that you can judge and even criticize all the mistakes I did, to help me 'grow up', you know? )

Hello everybody, good evening/morning/afternoon/all hours my good sirs and ladies and unidentified human beings, hope to find you all well, if not, damn.

A bit ago I ran into some problems trying to brick my best friend's switch, which I found out later was a mariko revised one, and I needed to install a chip on it to brick it, and I did it... Kind of.

Well, I brought her to two brothers who got a shop in town, they'd been running their business since I was a literal kid, they are professionals, especially in bricking, and they got the chip installed and the switch bricked, but nothing really worked because they made it so that the games had to be installed through them, but since I'm persistent I deleted everything on the inside and followed the instruction for setting the cfw from scrap and, at the end of it, she had her switch nice and tidy, she could do anything... Until a weak ago.

Her switch lost its charge, she didn't charge it and it shut down, all normal, but when she turned it back on, she couldn't get atmosphere running, it was saying that it could not start the HOS or something and that, either way, her emuNAND was corrupted or the firmware was outdated- and in fact, the new firmware came out, so I thought to myself "She treats everything nicely, surely nothing it's corrupted and it just needs for the new atmosphere to come out.

HA! I WISH IT WAS THAT, WE JUST WENT DOWN TO DELULU LAND FROM THERE.

In simple terms, today she came, I updated everything, atmosphere, hekate, sigpatches, homebrew apps even, everything, and new errors started popping out one. After. The. Other, first the usual package1, then nonsig3 or something, then other stuff until all the errors got away AND... AAAAAAAAAAAND. AAAAAAAAAAAAA, FATAL ERROR! I don't even remember what kind of error, but atmosphere was simply not starting.

Then I solved even that, I don't remember how, but I did, and I send atmosphere going and there comes the angelic choir, it works! I did it! And finally, I can see the firmware running but- it's not 18.0.0, it's still 17.0.1... So the firmware didn't update as I thought... And other than that, atmosphere crushed right after I saw THAT.

And at this point, I'm like: but this is just the beginning. The tip of the iceberg.

So I finally came to the conclusion I had to come before all that, the emuNAND was corrupted, somehow, somewhen it happened, so whatever, let's get down to work, she's my best friend, the sister I never had, most surely the reason I'm still alive to this day so even if I'm twitching in stress and my feeble mind stability as wonky as it could be I have to go on, have to do the backup and lose more time than I already lost? No problem, for her, this and much more.

And I do the backup, I lose my time, I clean up some space, somehow, because we ran even into short storage problems but I got down to making this backup and passing it on my PC, then I go on formatting everything, Fat32 all my life, I get everything back inside aaaaaaaaaaand unable to open payload.ini... And where is that? NOWHERE!

So I start looking around the internet for it and- oh look, it's only the hekate_stuff.bin disguised as that- so I follow those instructions too, modify a few things, get everything set, copy and paste a few configurations for some files, all found in the guide on how to set your switch for the emuNAND, or just get the cfw going for the first time, then eveything blew up, because the backup on the PC copied itself too fast but I was ( And am ) so mentally cooked that I didn't even realize that on windows 11 you can apparently move ( not copy and paste, move ) files from one storage unit to another, while I never have seen it happen on windows 10 so me and my best friend were left staring at the monitor for a good minute and wondering like two idiots at how did my computer move 30GB in literally a second, and of course, you say, where is the problem? The problem is, that the switch decided there still was no payload.ini, and what does she do when she doesn't find that? She deletes ALL of the contents of the SD... So, as you can understand, for a STUPID, IDIOTIC MISTAKE, THE BACKUP WAS LOST, FOREVER.

Which left both me and bestie like:

But of course, I'm not stopping there, because either way this baby works or it's gonna be treated like an old tv, beaten until it works.

So I tried a third time, and look, even if nothing changed, now it decided to see the payload.ini... AAAAAAAAAA-

Regardless, we just lost all her data and stuff, but it's ok, as long as the switch works and- it works! It WORKS, I AM LIKE THE SMARTEST PERSON EVER BECAUSE I CAN DOWNLOAD FILES AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND I MAKE THINGS WORK! HAHA! And of course, the games don't work...

What do I mean by that? Well, I mean that even if it's emuNAND, even if it doesn't crash, even if the partition is there and stable, even if the SD if perfect, even if it has everything updated and all the files there need to be, homebrew apps work, BUT when it gets down to games, they install perfectly but you can't open them because it says they have corrupted data, I tried installing multiple ones, via both nsp files on the sd or mtp mode using DBI, nothing works and I don't think any other app would work to install them because even when trying to run the tinfoil installer I get the same error, it doesn't install, the data is corrupted...

And this is the Status Quo, I made everything work, except the main thing the console exists for... And at this point, I'm completely clueless, I have no more aces up my sleevE, bestie left her switch to me, and I would love to return it to her WORKING on Monday evening when I see her but I don't know how to make it work, I'm just in between this and this, so please, just please, if you lost all of your precious time to read all of this, lose some more to think of how I can solve this problem, and of course, if you want me to take any screenshots of the stuff inside it, ask so, I'm here, whatever it takes to make the thing work, I'll lose as much as time as it needs and do it... Thank you all in advance, even for just reading and getting down here. :wub:

Last edited by Julius57,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok other than the sarcastic title, there is little to be sarcastic about, the situation's tragic.
( Pre-Scriptum, I'm gonna be long because there is quite a bit of explaining to do, and I'm totally ready to hear people it was useless because the solution to the problem is easy, like, I have a feeling that it's gonna be something easy, but please, bare with me, I want you all to understand fully the situation that has unfolded from the beginning so that you can judge and even criticize all the mistakes I did, to help me 'grow up', you know? )

Hello everybody, good evening/morning/afternoon/all hours my good sirs and ladies and unidentified human beings, hope to find you all well, if not, damn.

A bit ago I ran into some problems trying to brick my best friend's switch, which I found out later was a mariko revised one, and I needed to install a chip on it to brick it, and I did it... Kind of.

Well, I brought her to two brothers who got a shop in town, they'd been running their business since I was a literal kid, they are professionals, especially in bricking, and they got the chip installed and the switch bricked, but nothing really worked because they made it so that the games had to be installed through them, but since I'm persistent I deleted everything on the inside and followed the instruction for setting the cfw from scrap and, at the end of it, she had her switch nice and tidy, she could do anything... Until a weak ago.

Her switch lost its charge, she didn't charge it and it shut down, all normal, but when she turned it back on, she couldn't get atmosphere running, it was saying that it could not start the HOS or something and that, either way, her emuNAND was corrupted or the firmware was outdated- and in fact, the new firmware came out, so I thought to myself "She treats everything nicely, surely nothing it's corrupted and it just needs for the new atmosphere to come out.

HA! I WISH IT WAS THAT, WE JUST WENT DOWN TO DELULU LAND FROM THERE.

In simple terms, today she came, I updated everything, atmosphere, hekate, sigpatches, homebrew apps even, everything, and new errors started popping out one. After. The. Other, first the usual package1, then nonsig3 or something, then other stuff until all the errors got away AND... AAAAAAAAAAAND. AAAAAAAAAAAAA, FATAL ERROR! I don't even remember what kind of error, but atmosphere was simply not starting.

Then I solved even that, I don't remember how, but I did, and I send atmosphere going and there comes the angelic choir, it works! I did it! And finally, I can see the firmware running but- it's not 18.0.0, it's still 17.0.1... So the firmware didn't update as I thought... And other than that, atmosphere crushed right after I saw THAT.

And at this point, I'm like: but this is just the beginning. The tip of the iceberg.

So I finally came to the conclusion I had to come before all that, the emuNAND was corrupted, somehow, somewhen it happened, so whatever, let's get down to work, she's my best friend, the sister I never had, most surely the reason I'm still alive to this day so even if I'm twitching in stress and my feeble mind stability as wonky as it could be I have to go on, have to do the backup and lose more time than I already lost? No problem, for her, this and much more.

And I do the backup, I lose my time, I clean up some space, somehow, because we ran even into short storage problems but I got down to making this backup and passing it on my PC, then I go on formatting everything, Fat32 all my life, I get everything back inside aaaaaaaaaaand unable to open payload.ini... And where is that? NOWHERE!

So I start looking around the internet for it and- oh look, it's only the hekate_stuff.bin disguised as that- so I follow those instructions too, modify a few things, get everything set, copy and paste a few configurations for some files, all found in the guide on how to set your switch for the emuNAND, or just get the cfw going for the first time, then eveything blew up, because the backup on the PC copied itself too fast but I was ( And am ) so mentally cooked that I didn't even realize that on windows 11 you can apparently move ( not copy and paste, move ) files from one storage unit to another, while I never have seen it happen on windows 10 so me and my best friend were left staring at the monitor for a good minute and wondering like two idiots at how did my computer move 30GB in literally a second, and of course, you say, where is the problem? The problem is, that the switch decided there still was no payload.ini, and what does she do when she doesn't find that? She deletes ALL of the contents of the SD... So, as you can understand, for a STUPID, IDIOTIC MISTAKE, THE BACKUP WAS LOST, FOREVER.

Which left both me and bestie like:

But of course, I'm not stopping there, because either way this baby works or it's gonna be treated like an old tv, beaten until it works.

So I tried a third time, and look, even if nothing changed, now it decided to see the payload.ini... AAAAAAAAAA-

Regardless, we just lost all her data and stuff, but it's ok, as long as the switch works and- it works! It WORKS, I AM LIKE THE SMARTEST PERSON EVER BECAUSE I CAN DOWNLOAD FILES AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND I MAKE THINGS WORK! HAHA! And of course, the games don't work...

What do I mean by that? Well, I mean that even if it's emuNAND, even if it doesn't crash, even if the partition is there and stable, even if the SD if perfect, even if it has everything updated and all the files there need to be, homebrew apps work, BUT when it gets down to games, they install perfectly but you can't open them because it says they have corrupted data, I tried installing multiple ones, via both nsp files on the sd or mtp mode using DBI, nothing works and I don't think any other app would work to install them because even when trying to run the tinfoil installer I get the same error, it doesn't install, the data is corrupted...

And this is the Status Quo, I made everything work, except the main thing the console exists for... And at this point, I'm completely clueless, I have no more aces up my sleevE, bestie left her switch to me, and I would love to return it to her WORKING on Monday evening when I see her but I don't know how to make it work, I'm just in between this and this, so please, just please, if you lost all of your precious time to read all of this, lose some more to think of how I can solve this problem, and of course, if you want me to take any screenshots of the stuff inside it, ask so, I'm here, whatever it takes to make the thing work, I'll lose as much as time as it needs and do it... Thank you all in advance, even for just reading and getting down here. :wub:

Why were you trying to brick your friend's Switch? No wonder it doesn't work right.

You're missing sig patches. https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Reactions: Julius57

Julius57

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why were you trying to brick your friend's Switch? No wonder it doesn't work right.

You're missing sig patches. https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
Why thank you for giving me the solution I had predicted to be simple... And it was simple, even though I downloaded the sig patches 3 times yesterday but these appear to be new, now everything works just fine! Thank you so much, and thank you for being fast in answering me, I appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ