Hacking supercard software 2.57 out !!!

Monk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, you should re-patch them all, and then think why you did that if they worked fine.
wink.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Starfox roms patched with the old patcher version don't run anymore, you'll need to re-patch that at least. Don't think it affects any other games, though.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DMA should make reading the memory card a bit faster, so games that suffer from slow down on a SC could have that slow down reduced with this option.
I found that it made a big difference on the castlevania intro FMV, I will have to try it on other games I suspect suffer from it as well.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA play still has plenty of slow-downs - not sure if the DMA updates were intended to resolve GBA lagging though. (on both SC & SC.Lite)

It would be nice to see FAT32 support or just simply support for cart saves in GBA programs without having to use button combos.

Im not too thrilled about the reverse file ordering - a A-Z sort-by-name would be a welcomed addition.

Either way, I've purchased several SuperCards in the past year for both myself, friends and family members - if I really thought these mentioned issues were _THAT MUCH_ of a problem, I would have switched a long time ago. I like the SuperCard.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta echo what dafatkid27 said ... at least with a SCLite, what reason is there to do this update>? I read on scdev that some saves from games patched with the old patcher aren't being recognized now (ACWW) - seems unlikely, but I believe the poster. Also making fatsort unusable was major stupid.

If I was still running the minisd I might do it, but the SCLite's already got better speed, so I'm not sure if any additional tweak from this will be worth it. Guess I'll wait a few days and see how the problems are resolved.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the new firmware the program alite won't let you go back to the SC menu it just freezes, which makes alite worthless for now.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA play still has plenty of slow-downs - not sure if the DMA updates were intended to resolve GBA lagging though. (on both SC & SC.Lite)

It would be nice to see FAT32 support or just simply support for cart saves in GBA programs without having to use button combos.

Im not too thrilled about the reverse file ordering - a A-Z sort-by-name would be a welcomed addition.

Either way, I've purchased several SuperCards in the past year for both myself, friends and family members - if I really thought these mentioned issues were _THAT MUCH_ of a problem, I would have switched a long time ago. I like the SuperCard.

I think the SC team gave up on gba a long time ago, hence the new rumble series.
BTW, I like the new interface tho!

skidds

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, im really sorry to have to ask such an easy question but ive been trying this for hours, went to the web page looked at the faq, read the help page and everything and it may be because im very stoned but for the love of me i cant figure this out, im very noobish at this.

i just got me a ds lite, a microsd supercard lite(rumble), a passcard, and a 1gb micro sd. I downloaded the patch and firmware from the web page and have it on my computer, i also have a coule of .nds games on my hdd, how do i go about this whole process so i can upload these games and the new firmware to my microsd and play all these glorious games (that of course, are all backups of the originals i have at home). (i got totally lost in the help file).

sorry for such a noob question but i really need help.

Edirol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone post a screenshot of the new menu?

So since the file ordering has changed, what happens when you use FATSort and choose to have all files allocated Z-A? (instead of A-Z) Will it still ignore the FAT?

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So since the file ordering has changed, what happens when you use FATSort and choose to have all files allocated Z-A? (instead of A-Z)Â Will it still ignore the FAT?

This was posted earlier in this very same thread:

thats how the new menu looks like

And as for "FATSort", there isn't an option for reverse alphabetical order (Z - A). The only options available are, Leav, Alphabetical and Shuffle.

D

Deleted User

Games with the rumble option in them still don't recognize the SCSD Rumble as a rumble pack.
frown.gif
Bugga!!!

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you go to eng/supercard.cn and download it now (it's 3:10am EST) the included firmware file has a more recent "last modified" date. Perhaps they tweaked it?

bionicspider

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And as for "FATSort", there isn't an option for reverse alphabetical order (Z - A). The only options available are, Leav, Alphabetical and Shuffle.

With the the new updated firmware, try using FolderSort for alpha sorting. FolderSort is a bit slower than FATSort, but FolderSort sports the option of sorting in reversed order, thereby fooling the SC's new firmware into displaying your files in the proper--A-Z--order.

FolderSort

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bionicspider, thanks for the link - This solved two little issues.
1 being the alphabetical sorting, and 2 being that FATSort doesnt seem to get along too well with Vista 5744 (or 5840)

Jon eBegood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.skynet.be
XP
Country
Belgium

So since the file ordering has changed, what happens when you use FATSort and choose to have all files allocated Z-A? (instead of A-Z)Â Will it still ignore the FAT?

They have juste reverse the fat way of sorting.
Fat sorting isn't by alphabetical order, it's by date & time, oldest file came on top of the list.
Fatsort change the date & time of your file so file beginnig by A are older than the file beginning by Z.
If you use fatsorting in reverse order you file will be in alphabetical order on your supercard.

supermecleboss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
new mirror link ( Zshare ) are added because the version of yesterday is bug .

supercard official site said:
Update(2006.11.05):SOFTWARE: SuperCard V2.57 & Firmware V1.7(2006.11.05)

Firmware v1.7:
# Game list changed, the newest game will be displayed at the first position.
# The main menu of CF, SD, Mini SD, Micro SD versions have been changed as SuperCard Rumble series.

Software V2.57:
# The I/O system of NDS games has been redesigned, it's fast than before, increase the NDS games compatibility.
# Added NEW DMA(fast reading option), increase the speed of reading flash memory card, increase the NDS games compatibility.
# Fixed the Rumble Series can not run IQUE games, Fix NDS games 0472, 0286 balck screen bug.
# NDS game 0252 need high speed flash memory card, so SD, MiniSD version sometimes will halt in the game, but CF, MicroSD, Rumble Series seldem halt in this game.

Important: To who download the v2.57 and V1.7 yesterday
We updated the v2.57 and Firmware V1.7 yesterday, but there are some bugs,
# GBA can not list the files, or NDS can not list the files at GBA mode.
# The save file is not compatible with old save file.
If you are the user update the v2.57 & V1.7 yesterday, please download it again, we fix the two bugs today. If you are a GBA user, and there is no file in the list when update, please delete the "scfont.fon" at the root of flash memory card.

Monk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Damn no THDJ support & now that.. and previous version looks better. I had some problems with saves from yesterday, it delated my Touch Detective save, and made some "save is corrupted" messages in new NFS & Fifa.. Life sucks. OMG, OMG..
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro