Hacking supercard software 2.57 out !!!

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really surprising to see that they would take the time to drop a fresh version of the software while Tony Hawk continues to live in a state of ever-bork. You'd think they'd prioritize Hawk's compatibility even more, knowing that it's working just fine over on the DS-Xtreme and also knowing that a lot of people are looking for a good excuse to upgrade from their older SuperCards. The ability to play a AAA title that's missing from the competition's lineup can be a pretty tempting factor for buyers who are already on the fence...

Personally, I think the DS-X is a god-awful value in the face of the SuperCard Lite and SuperCard Lite Rumble -- but, you never know what crazy buyers might do.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The interface is so much better! It's like updating from Windows 95 to Mac OS X (even though i never saw Mac OS X before)

hopefully this will increase game compat & DS Download Play compat (ouendan doesn't work 4 flash or unflashed 4 me) and ill play march of the minis until my brains explode. Until then i'm just deleting thousands of 1kb files off my SD card.
frown.gif

--Good thing conventional viruses don't affect the DS--
biggrin.gif

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone please tell me-

Is there any worthwhile reason to upgrade? THDJ still doesn't work, the new menu system sorts weird- why would I want to update?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DMA option would be a worthwhile update, I have only so far tried castlevania with it and the opening FMV is much better than it was before on the mini-SD although it still has a bit of slowdown.

caffeinekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, maybe I'm being fussy, but why is the menu showing my ROMs in decending order?? ie. Z -> AÂ
unsure.gif

I have the same issue & it sux.

Disappointing update...better than I could ever do, but still disappointing...let's hope for another update soon.

Yeah this is driving me bonkers! I used a FAT sorting program on the PC to order the files on the SD card, so why isn't it reading the fat any more and messing it up?
frown.gif

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, maybe I'm being fussy, but why is the menu showing my ROMs in decending order?? ie. Z -> AÂ
unsure.gif

I have the same issue & it sux.

Disappointing update...better than I could ever do, but still disappointing...let's hope for another update soon.

Yeah this is driving me bonkers! I used a FAT sorting program on the PC to order the files on the SD card, so why isn't it reading the fat any more and messing it up?
frown.gif

That might be a good question for the SC Team... Unless....whomever wrote the FATSort application can have them sort in decending alphabetical order,,,just an idea...
biggrin.gif

remi.rez

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys.
After having dumped the micro_eng_170.bin file on my micro sd I put it in the sc lite, turned on the DS.
After the health warning and the supercard splash screen, I had two black screens.
No error message or anything.

I have formated the card (FAT), dumped the new firmware again but still no luck
mad.gif
frown.gif

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

I can now acces the supercard menu again but games don't run.

How do you know which firmware you're running?

I have found how to run the self test and it seems I know have aSRAM error and I can't read the firmware version I'm running.
GREAT
hate2.gif
cry.gif

I guess I'm good ti buy a new linker.

Bye bye SC.

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey when i updated the firmware...i found that none of my games needed to be repatched...does this seem odd to anyone. Should i repatch me roms with the new patcher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."