Super Mario RPG has leaked online

marioryurpg.png

To little surprise, Super Mario RPG has leaked a week ahead of its scheduled release date.

Pinned for a November 17th retail release date, the game has already been dumped and shared online. Super Mario RPG for Nintendo Switch is a remake of the 1996 classic Super Nintendo game - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

We kindly remind you to take due notice of the following...

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

Will you be playing Super Mario RPG? Have you already? Let us know your thoughts in the thread below.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, just played up to Belome, it's alright, just the SNES game with a new coat of paint, pretty much. Made also even more easier with the new mechanics they added to it too, so, if you're any decent at timed attacks, you can like play the game with your eyes closed, eh. It only didn't bored me to sleep 'cus the game's quite energetic with the music and such.
The one thing that really bothers me is, like, Mario and Peach, in the cutscenes, their head just look ENORMOUS on top of their minuscule bodies, like, wtf. During actual gameplay, they kinda look fine, maybe because you're not seeing them up close, but man are they ugly when you get a closer look to them.

Dunno how much they asking for this, but would say... over 30-40 bucks would be pushing it. If they ask like 60-70 for this, nah, fuck that.

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the game earlier as i beta test for nintendo and im halfway through the game but i wont spoil anything but i will say long time fans will not be dissapointed

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Honesty Nintendo Switch leaks happen so often it is ridiculous. Remember anyone playing any game online before the official release will most likely get themselves banned.

I like the Super Nintendo Game but honesty I don't feel the need to buy the remake even if I had the money for it.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the heck do they not leak PS5 or Xbox Series S/X games? Are they less hyped than Switch's exclusives? Just food for thought...
Emulation, a shit ton of Switches are hacked, and because they're actually exclusive.

What Xbox game would even need to leak? They're all on PC anyway. Most PS5 "exclusives" come to PC anyway, and if a PS5 "exclusive" did leak, what would you even do with it? Play it on a PS5 emulator that doesn't exist? Even if a hacked PS5 could run backups, the Disc would most likely be missing 90% of the game, because day 1 patch, lol.

Reactions: Worldblender

JFizDaWiz

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.ws
XP
Country
United States
Honesty Nintendo Switch leaks happen so often it is ridiculous. Remember anyone playing any game online before the official release will most likely get themselves banned.

I like the Super Nintendo Game but honesty I don't feel the need to buy the remake even if I had the money for it.
any console that sells physical games and is exploited will have early games. If the PS5/Xbox were fully exploited the same would happen there.
PC was the same before Steam took over.

It's only ever the Switch anymore as it's the only modern console that's full exploited. Stores get games early all it takes is for someone to pop that cartridge in their exploited Switch for 20 or so minutes and it's ready to go

Reactions: Ligeia

SeventhSon7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Because there AREN'T any PS5/Xbox games to get hyped for?
Spider-Man 2, maybe, but that's already out and getting criticised for various reasons (after some searching: bringing back the stupid Mary Jane stealth segments from SM1 after they were rightfully removed in Miles Morales; MJ looking old and unattractive; not featuring Pete enough; pride flags getting removed in the Middle East again...).

What else is there, really? Especially on the Xbox side; the main Xbox IP, Halo, released like last year or something and it SUUUCKED apparently, so there's nothing much left on that thing to draw sales - or to bother leaking.

Modern [AAA] gaming is at its nadir.
Post automatically merged:

There is no food for thought. For one PS5 isn't hacked yet so leaking a game is impossible plus useless. You couldn't use it. Xbox can't be hacked so you can't leak those game and if you even could, you can't use them because again the xbox can't/isn't hacked. Switch is the only console thats hacked at the moment.
why hack a console with no gaemz

Last edited by SeventhSon7,

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard there are performance issues, can anyone confirm? Wonder if a day one patch will improve things if so. I might try the game at some point even tho it's not my usual genre, but no rush as I'm hella backlogged.
Gameplay is often choppy running around the first town. I was a little surprised. I often wonder if they leak on purpose for more feedback and testing before actual release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1