Super Mario Wonder and Sonic Superstars leaked ahead of release [UPDATE 2]

cyber-hacker-attack-background-skull-free-vector.jpg

October's gaming season for new releases is up ahead, and with it comes the rumours and leaks which are inherently tied to any new big release for AAA titles, and this time it hit two of the biggest gaming mascots in the industry, Sonic & Mario.

Several sources have started to sprout out about a confirmed leaked copy of Sonic Superstars for Switch almost one week ahead of release breaking its street date, and in Mario's case, it seems like the leaked copy that's floating around is the actual Switch demo that's been shared around through selected retailers, like Best Buy, GameStop, Target, & Walmart.

Update: The Mario demo leak is a confirmed hoax and as yet the game has not broken street date.

Update 2: Super Mario Wonder has now leaked ahead of its 20th October release date.

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

:arrow: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

There's rumours about the actual full Super Mario Wonder game also being leaked, but it has yet to be confirmed.

As per usual, links to any kind of piracy content aren't allowed, so be mindful about sharing any sort of links related to the leaked games.

Last edited by shaunj66,

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The last world + final boss + ending are really rushed. Overall a good chunk of the levels are actually single mini challenges that last 10 seconds. Some worlds didn't even have a proper last level or boss fight, which might sound original on paper but feels very anticlimatic when playing it.

Behind the fancy coat of paint you can tell this game is deep down cheap, barebones and phoned in. It's still nice for one playthrough but in the end it's a very forgettable game. I don't even feel like coming back to it to complete it 100%.

And if they're gonna put up such a crappy world, lame new characters and phoned-in "story" they might as well redo the "Bowser kidnapped Peach" schtick.

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Such a bad take on an extremelly creative title, you deserve those safe and generic games of the past.
You're probably pirating the game and already spitting all this shit on it. If the game is not for you, thats ok. Go play your Dark Souls, sir. "hardcore gamer".
Wonder is now among the top rated titles on Metacritic, with lots of praise coming from all fronts, even from some media outlets that were notable critics of Nintendo in the recent times.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Such a bad take on an extremelly creative title, you deserve those safe and generic games of the past.
You're probably pirating the game and already spitting all this shit on it. If the game is not for you, thats ok. Go play your Dark Souls, sir. "hardcore gamer".
Wonder is now among the top rated titles on Metacritic, with lots of praise coming from all fronts, even from some media outlets that were notable critics of Nintendo in the recent times.
gee it seems you have me 100% figured out based on a single forum post. Hilarious.

And yeah obviously general opinion = fact and absolute truth. Way to go sheep !

The Nintendo franchises, especially Mario & Zelda games, seem to have some sort of magic that prevents people from being objective towards them and seeing them for what they really are. Mario Wonder will be a hit but with time its flaws will get more and more apparent to people once that magic wears off, just like Breath of the Wild for instance. And that's coming from a Nintendo boy btw. I just don't let my fanboyism get in the way of my critical thinking. Nintendo as a developer is a sad and greedy shadow of what it used to be.

Last edited by Ligeia,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sonic CD,Sonic 3,Sonic & Knuckles,Knuckles’ Chaotix,Sonic Adventure 1,Sonic Adventure 2 were not bad and very mediocre,average since then…etc.

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't read through this thread, but FYI, both of the games mentioned in the OP only requires firmware 16.0.3, not 16.1.0 or 17.0.0. So if anyone's wondering whether or not to update to a newer firmware, it's not really necessary.

Reactions: WhoIAm

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mario & Zelda games, seem to have some sort of magic that prevents people from being objective towards them and seeing them for what they really are. Mario Wonder will be a hit but with time its flaws will get more and more apparent to people once that magic wears off, just like Breath of the Wild for instance.

Of course we have to be critical of what is bad, and I always had been very critical of the "New Super mario Bros" series.
But Wonders is in another league, it's the first 2D Mario that shows the same care we used to have until Super Mario World.
Its clearly a very polished game that had a big budget. Graphic wise is one of the best looking Switch games ever, very high-res, full of detailed animations from chars and enemies, locked at 60fps. And with colorful and inventive world themes and designs, not the same boring looking levels of plain, desert, lava, ice and forest from NSMB.

NSMB were not badly designed games, but they lacked identity and creativity, and they even recycled almost everything from one to another (world themes, sound effects, music, bosses, structure).
Wonder brings back craetivity, identity and direction to 2D Mario.

And yeah general opinion = fact and absolute truth
The general opinion can be an indicator of truth.
If everyone is saying the exact opposity of what you're saying, that can mean two things: that everyone else is dumb and don't know sh1t or that you're wrong.
You can scream all day that 2+2 = 7 and everyone with common sense will tell you that no, 2+2 = 4.

People do have different tastes and preferences, and there's people who hate Mario all together.
But to call Wonder lazy and uninspired is a BIG stretch. In the trailers alone one can see more gameplay variety and fresh ideas than in all of the prior New Super Mario games combined.
So stop the whinning.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm not really into games like that, but I am enjoying it - lots of secret bits and I keep finding stuff replaying the levels I've already done. Also I've had a few laughs playing it, like on the second level when those plants start singing. The graphics are pretty decent, the music is decent and the gameplay is good. Personally I prefer sniper elite type games but this one is well worth playing and it's one of those games that you can just pick up and play for 20 minutes without needing to spend hours on just to get through a level. I'd score it 10/10 for a platform based game.

Reactions: Felold and peteruk

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
well the games are already out so no issue here
TBH I have both of them, I also don't really know what the point of sonic is - are you just meant to collect the rings and get to the end of the level as fast as possible or is there something I am missing. I've never really been into sonic games so it seems a bit boring if that's the case.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
TBH I have both of them, I also don't really know what the point of sonic is - are you just meant to collect the rings and get to the end of the level as fast as possible or is there something I am missing. I've never really been into sonic games so it seems a bit boring if that's the case.
It used to be about going "fast" and enjoy the speed more or less. Now days they more or less made them in to an ordinary platformer. The rings are like the coins in Mario, except they work as an extra life in most games.

Last good Sonic game imho was Sonic Mania.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto