Super Mario Wonder and Sonic Superstars leaked ahead of release [UPDATE 2]

cyber-hacker-attack-background-skull-free-vector.jpg

October's gaming season for new releases is up ahead, and with it comes the rumours and leaks which are inherently tied to any new big release for AAA titles, and this time it hit two of the biggest gaming mascots in the industry, Sonic & Mario.

Several sources have started to sprout out about a confirmed leaked copy of Sonic Superstars for Switch almost one week ahead of release breaking its street date, and in Mario's case, it seems like the leaked copy that's floating around is the actual Switch demo that's been shared around through selected retailers, like Best Buy, GameStop, Target, & Walmart.

Update: The Mario demo leak is a confirmed hoax and as yet the game has not broken street date.

Update 2: Super Mario Wonder has now leaked ahead of its 20th October release date.

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

:arrow: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

There's rumours about the actual full Super Mario Wonder game also being leaked, but it has yet to be confirmed.

As per usual, links to any kind of piracy content aren't allowed, so be mindful about sharing any sort of links related to the leaked games.

Last edited by shaunj66,

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo franchises, especially Mario & Zelda games, seem to have some sort of magic that prevents people from being objective towards them and seeing them for what they really are. Mario Wonder will be a hit but with time its flaws will get more and more apparent to people once that magic wears off, just like Breath of the Wild for instance.
Funny enough, the opposite kind of occurred with Pokemon Black/White and Pokemon Sun/Moon. Those games/gens used to be universally disliked among the community, only for people to gradually change their opinions to more positive ones as time passed (Black/White moreso). So can't really say that every Nintendo franchise has that "magic" that you refer to, and Pokemon seems to often be one of those frequent exceptions, with the fanbase always, always looking for anything to nitpick about while a generation is still new/ongoing (not saying Scarlet/Violet don't have issues. Just that they wouldn't even need to have obvious issues, when the fanbase is determined enough to look for even the most minor issues).

That being said, Sonic could use a little bit of that "magic" right about now.

Reactions: Ligeia

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Funny enough, the opposite kind of occurred with Pokemon Black/White and Pokemon Sun/Moon. Those games/gens used to be universally disliked among the community, only for people to gradually change their opinions to more positive ones as time passed (Black/White moreso). So can't really say that every Nintendo franchise has that "magic" that you refer to, and Pokemon seems to often be one of those frequent exceptions, with the fanbase always, always looking for anything to nitpick about while a generation is still new/ongoing (not saying Scarlet/Violet don't have issues. Just that they wouldn't even need to have obvious issues, when the fanbase is determined enough to look for even the most minor issues).

That being said, Sonic could use a little bit of that "magic" right about now.
Yeah while recent Mario & Zelda are often extremely overrated, it seems recent Sonic games are usually underrated. Examples : Sonic Forces which is nowhere near as bad as everyone says, and Sonic Frontiers which was panned by critics because of graphics issues, despite being one of the most fun games on the Switch. I'm 100% sure Sonic Frontiers rekinned as a Mario game would have got tons of 10/10 ratings.

Reactions: fmhugo

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I used to release games, never got in trouble for it. Decided to quit solely because people are very ungrateful and quick to the trigger on flames / lameness. All for giving out free shit, not worth it.
I did the same.
I mainly released a few patches and game fixes. There was that odd game which wasnt anywhere to be found.
I even started on the PS3 and PSP scenes and made a few apps but i never released them as why would i when i got nothing but abuse.
The $ony acene are the worst.
The NintenDOH scene are probably the best.
The Xbox scene was really good.

You cant even go to a PS# scene site and ask for help as someone there will abuse you, most likely the site owner.

Then there is that time i stood up for the end users who were getting their PSPs bricked from the site owner modifying the CFW. I got abused for that and hated. Really? It took him over 6 months to fix the site from the damage i did. He bricked PSPs and i damaged his site and im the bad one?
Thats why i never released anything to those ungrateful a-holes.

Now here, ive helped out a lot over the years. This is my 2nd account as the first one got lost many years ago. I think the site had an update or hack? Whatever it was my account got lost and had to start again. So when you see how long ive been here add another 5 or so years, maybe 10? I didnt post much at the start. Was about 2 years before my first post.

Anyway, some places you can post things and games and its quiet and nothing happens but when you become a glory whore then you get what you deserve.
Ive shared a few games and nothing. I dont go advertising where it came from, no label saying i did it, nothing but anonymous postings.
With NintenDOH if your a glory whore you will be attacked hard by them.

Reactions: ChronosNotashi

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same.
I mainly released a few patches and game fixes. There was that odd game which wasnt anywhere to be found.
I even started on the PS3 and PSP scenes and made a few apps but i never released them as why would i when i got nothing but abuse.
The $ony acene are the worst.
The NintenDOH scene are probably the best.
The Xbox scene was really good.

You cant even go to a PS# scene site and ask for help as someone there will abuse you, most likely the site owner.

Then there is that time i stood up for the end users who were getting their PSPs bricked from the site owner modifying the CFW. I got abused for that and hated. Really? It took him over 6 months to fix the site from the damage i did. He bricked PSPs and i damaged his site and im the bad one?
Thats why i never released anything to those ungrateful a-holes.

Now here, ive helped out a lot over the years. This is my 2nd account as the first one got lost many years ago. I think the site had an update or hack? Whatever it was my account got lost and had to start again. So when you see how long ive been here add another 5 or so years, maybe 10? I didnt post much at the start. Was about 2 years before my first post.

Anyway, some places you can post things and games and its quiet and nothing happens but when you become a glory whore then you get what you deserve.
Ive shared a few games and nothing. I dont go advertising where it came from, no label saying i did it, nothing but anonymous postings.
Yeah pretty spot on. I wish I could have back all the time in my life that I spent on irc troling for games and helping release stuff. I could've been doing better things with my time. There still to this day are people who hold grudges against me and it pretty much serves no purpose. They used to pop up on here at times, lurking the forum. Just random nicknames of people I never heard of whom felt that I knew who they were. Just a bunch of nonsense.

Oh and let's not forget the typical forum/irc troll that just has it out for you every frickin' day you are in chat because you tried to defend yourself. Just another random idiot that tries to spoil the whole thing. I have been called names, called a "girl" (I guess these people are gay cos they don't like females?), kicked, banned from chatrooms (well not exactly, I was an OP so the banning always failed him). I wish I knew whereabouts that guy is these days so I could go kick his ass. :) Shit, the same guy tried to take over the temp irc channel on efnet, I shut his ass DOWN. lol

I did however release a couple patches later on. I don't mind working on something cool and then giving it out when I'm finished. Who knows I may do it again some day. Those IPS patches at least afaik are legal so can't get in trouble for that :D

oh and btw let's not forget the idiot website owners. Not the temp, the temp has good owners and good moderators. This site is great. But the other sites, like for playstation modding help for example which the admin is trigger happy on nuking people's posts and calling people out for piracy. It's like really? 99% of the users on that site are using it to pirate games and posts that aren't sharing games get kicked out just because of the admin's opinion that it is promoting piracy. It's like why not just take the entire website down then? Those things such as freemcboot are against the DMCA after all. God I hate dealing with idiot admins and I'm SO GLAD I don't have to deal with FTP admin bullshit any more also. Although I can say that some of the ftp sites I was on were pretty good, especially CPL WHQ back in the day. Lightforce USHQ I kept getting banned from because I leeched "too much" shit, I was cool with the admin but seriously I'm glad I don't have to deal with ratios and site admin bs any more :D good fucking riddance to all that.

Last edited by realtimesave,

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sums up a lot of the times Nintendo took action against fan games and emulation in a nutshell. Some projects/Dolphin decided they didn't want to settle for the (mostly) silent, (mostly) careful gatherings they had going, decided to try to seek even greater glory and crowds, and ultimately drew Nintendo's eye towards them. (Or, in Dolphin's case, made Valve concerned enough about their relations with Nintendo to contact them for advice regarding having it on Steam.)

And don't get me started on the Melee crowd, who challenge Nintendo's authority practically every time a new Smash Bros game gains significant relevancy in the competitive scene.

Last edited by ChronosNotashi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto