Super Mario Wonder and Sonic Superstars leaked ahead of release [UPDATE 2]

cyber-hacker-attack-background-skull-free-vector.jpg

October's gaming season for new releases is up ahead, and with it comes the rumours and leaks which are inherently tied to any new big release for AAA titles, and this time it hit two of the biggest gaming mascots in the industry, Sonic & Mario.

Several sources have started to sprout out about a confirmed leaked copy of Sonic Superstars for Switch almost one week ahead of release breaking its street date, and in Mario's case, it seems like the leaked copy that's floating around is the actual Switch demo that's been shared around through selected retailers, like Best Buy, GameStop, Target, & Walmart.

Update: The Mario demo leak is a confirmed hoax and as yet the game has not broken street date.

Update 2: Super Mario Wonder has now leaked ahead of its 20th October release date.

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

:arrow: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

There's rumours about the actual full Super Mario Wonder game also being leaked, but it has yet to be confirmed.

As per usual, links to any kind of piracy content aren't allowed, so be mindful about sharing any sort of links related to the leaked games.

Last edited by shaunj66,

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, the presentation of Sonic leaves far more to be desired, especially compared to the one in Mario Wonder.
From what they showed in the trailers when you touch a wonder seed, that looks so unique!
I was going to play Sonic then mario but may switch the order, thanks for the input, will definitely play both eventually anyway!

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From what they showed in the trailers when you touch a wonder seed, that looks so unique!
I was going to play Sonic then mario but may switch the order, thanks for the input, will definitely play both eventually anyway!
I'd say that's what you should do anyway, going Mario first will just leave you with a sour taste on Sonic

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Where's the secret exit on the beach semi world? You know the one that leads to that section that has like 3 stages. I hope it's not bullshit like that puzzle room

Last edited by fvig2001,

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the secret exit on the beach semi world? You know the one that leads to that section that has like 3 stages. I hope it's not bullshit like that puzzle room
The island area is a bit special. For the first few world you have to finish them in order before the next islands open up. Later in the game you can explore more openly (which I strongly recommend as there's a super useful badge that can be easily accessed at that point).

Reactions: fvig2001

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I just tried the mario game, and... it's just your typical 2d mario platformer? With a handful of new powerups and some whatever gimmicks?
It's cute, but nothing really to get yourself crazy over it, imo.
Feels a lot like Super Mario World for a new generation, which is cool, but so far the levels range from easy to very easy. Great sound/music/visual design though.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hate the new sound effects btw. Especially the jumping noises which are really getting on my nerves. I wish there was a way to adjust the music/SFX volume, but this is Nintendo we're talking about...

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels a lot like Super Mario World for a new generation, which is cool, but so far the levels range from easy to very easy. Great sound/music/visual design though.
This is my basically my only negative: all the levels are fairly easy, and there's almost no post-game. The final final challenge is the only post-game level, and it is hard, but not in a good way (it's way more gimmicky than other games final challenge level).

3D Land and 3D World had awesome post-game, but NSMBU didn't have anything much either (it didn't really even have a challenge level IIRC). It seems like the newer 3D games have a bigger focus on end-game than the 2D games.

Last edited by Supercool330,

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Eh, I just tried the mario game, and... it's just your typical 2d mario platformer? With a handful of new powerups and some whatever gimmicks?
It's cute, but nothing really to get yourself crazy over it, imo.
Mario 3d world 2 or Odyssey 2 would be a better Option

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is my basically my only negative: all the levels are fairly easy, and there's almost no post-game. The final final challenge is the only post-game level, and it is hard, but not in a good way (it's way more gimmicky than other games final challenge level).

3D Land and 3D World had awesome post-game, but NSMBU didn't have anything much either (it didn't really even have a challenge level IIRC). It seems like the newer 3D games have a bigger focus on end-game than the 2D games.
You did get the star world in NSMBU that had levels unlock for each world you collect all the star coins in. I seem to remember that having a few decent challenges in it, though it has been a while. I’m fairly sure that was the only place you could get the propeller cap though.

SynnFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. The beauty and the personality this game has is incredible.

I just wish it had more challenge.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic looks like he's slower than he was in Sonic Mania? Speed is part of what makes Sonic fun so I dunno, I'll certainly give it a chance.

It's a pity there's no demo on the PSN Store.
Post automatically merged:

Why does this sound so friggin' much like Sonic 4? Same composer, I guess.

Game might be good, but the score is pretty mediocre.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess if you're gonna go all-out charging $60 for what should be a $30 game, might as well go full scumbag too. Sega submitted a version of Superstars to Steam for approval that didn't have Denuvo, but the launch version both has Denuvo AND asks you to sign up for an Epic account at launch every time. Either someone at QA is not doing their job, or Sega has no QA department at all.

• Sad
Reactions: Marc_LFD

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sonic looks like he's slower than he was in Sonic Mania? Speed is part of what makes Sonic fun so I dunno, I'll certainly give it a chance.

It's a pity there's no demo on the PSN Store.

Why does this sound so friggin' much like Sonic 4? Same composer, I guess.

Game might be good, but the score is pretty mediocre.

the trailer (at least the one I've come across on YT) seems to only use the jungle act 1 theme. And even then, they managed to botch the mixing of it in the trailer...

Anyone have an idea what the 1.0.5A update to Sonic Superstars include? any substantial fix or enhancement?

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto