"Sonic Superstars" exclusive Modern Amy costume available for Steam only from Oct 10th to Oct 24th

Amy.png

Some months ago, SEGA opened up a webpage for Sonic Superstars and started offering an exclusive Modern Amy Rose costume to be used in-game by subscribing through their Sonic Superstars Newsletter. However, the Newsletter was limited to only Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and Epic Games Store, with Steam users being unable to get their hands on the exclusive costume due to the lack of a Steam option in their Newsletter.

Thankfully, that has changed and starting on October 10th when SEGA themselves updated their Newsletter webpage to add a Steam option for the subscription, but not without a caveat for Steam users.

Players wishing to get the game and the exclusive costume through Steam will only have the possibility of getting it through a limited time compared to the other options. The Newsletter page itself was properly updated with the new Steam option, but alongside it there's a note with the following message:
Sonic Superstars Newsletter said:
Please note that you can only sign up to receive the in-game content on Steam from October 10th, 2023 to October 24th, 2023.

It's currently unknown why SEGA would limit only the Steam release to this limited time frame, but in the meanwhile, Steam users interested in both purchasing Sonic Superstars through Valve's store and getting this exclusive Amy costume will have subscribe to the Sonic Superstars Newsletter from Oct 10th through Oct 24th.

Subscribing to the Newsletter should get a verification email to confirm the account, but the details on how to get the in-game content haven't been received as of the time of writing.
"Sonic Superstars" is just some days away from release, with the game releasing on October 17th, 2023 on multiple platforms.

:arrow: Sonic Superstars Newsletter

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So, the outfit is locked to Steam? Where are the defenders of this practice?

Oh my sweet baby reptile if it was Epic...
Read the OP. It was previously available to every platform except Steam.

Frankly I expect this game to turn out more like Origins than Mania anyway. A bonus costume isn't gonna get me to pre-order, certainly.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So fucking tired of game companies playing into everyone's FOMO - if you're not playing 24/7 you're missing out, if you're not ready at the exact moment this thing drops, or in this arbitrary window of time, we'll take away this digital item and make sure you never get the chance to get it again! So you better ALWAYS have an eye on our game! 24/7/365! Or you might miss out!

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really does look like someone accidentally put the wrong head on their barbie doll, well Amy doll. Slop all around. Anyways this is light work everyone's favorite dlc unlocker, fotm be damned

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I would like to give more games a chance, however it is becoming ever more difficult to open up to the modern environment of gaming when literally greed, selfishness, etc. has to show its ugly retarded head(s) up all the damn time. Even if this is free technically, the main incentive here is for you to fear missing the chance to get this, and go out and buy the game. I swear we have all the wrong people in places where the right people NEED to be. What bites even more though, I see so many people bitch about this, but nothing happens, no boycotts, now outcries, etc. people literally just take the spankings the corporations dish, and I'm sorry but I'm starting to think a lot of people have a kink for it, because if you aren't against it properly like you should be, then you must have to like it somehow. Studying psychology, I really see the retardation on both sides of the field, and if anything, I think all sides just need to fall under at this point, we lost our way and our soul for what made games truly games. We need to lose it all unfortunately to really comprehend the magnitude of where this shit is going, because I don't see enough people grasping and or learning through the other means. I don't like practices like this in contents meant for me to intake and enjoy for entertainment, and I don't like that a lot of people, way too damn many, sit around with their tail tucked between their legs, barking, yet have absolutely no bite. At this point, I question why many really bitch when they buy into it, you don't have the right to if you do. This is standard practice from corporations in the gaming industry nowadays, plenty more where that came from.

I'll do my part by not touching the game and forgetting it even existed again, I will admit, it does seem kind of fun from what I have gotten to see of it, however, my dollars are better spent on shit actually worth my hard earned money.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know I would like to give more games a chance, however it is becoming ever more difficult to open up to the modern environment of gaming when literally greed, selfishness, etc. has to show its ugly retarded head(s) up all the damn time. Even if this is free technically, the main incentive here is for you to fear missing the chance to get this, and go out and buy the game. I swear we have all the wrong people in places where the right people NEED to be. What bites even more though, I see so many people bitch about this, but nothing happens, no boycotts, now outcries, etc. people literally just take the spankings the corporations dish, and I'm sorry but I'm starting to think a lot of people have a kink for it, because if you aren't against it properly like you should be, then you must have to like it somehow. Studying psychology, I really see the retardation on both sides of the field, and if anything, I think all sides just need to fall under at this point, we lost our way and our soul for what made games truly games. We need to lose it all unfortunately to really comprehend the magnitude of where this shit is going, because I don't see enough people grasping and or learning through the other means. I don't like practices like this in contents meant for me to intake and enjoy for entertainment, and I don't like that a lot of people, way too damn many, sit around with their tail tucked between their legs, barking, yet have absolutely no bite. At this point, I question why many really bitch when they buy into it, you don't have the right to if you do. This is standard practice from corporations in the gaming industry nowadays, plenty more where that came from.

I'll do my part by not touching the game and forgetting it even existed again, I will admit, it does seem kind of fun from what I have gotten to see of it, however, my dollars are better spent on shit actually worth my hard earned money.
You've always got an amazing point there. Even if people think its bad, still, its worth playing to see how it goes. And if they don't like it, they shouldn't start randomly going on a controversial tangent without a proper reason.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone even want Amy to be playable in the first place? Also, putting modern Amy's dress on classic Amy is just a major clash; don't like it.
More playable characters/choices is never a bad thing? Sometimes you just wanna play as a different character. Hell, look at Mario Bros. Wonder and the sheer amount of characters you can play as. Yeah, it doesn’t really matter to some people, especially if they don’t even play differently but hell it’s nice to have the option.

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have stopped purchasing games with timed dlc. Either I can earn/buy the character/skin or I can't. You can't have it both ways and expect me to happily part with my money for you. I think I haven't bought a new game in over a year now, which isn't that much time in the grand scheme of things, but given I've got 49 physical Nintendo Switch cartridges, among digital-only games, as well, my money is being spent elsewhere and I can't say I'm mad.

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for posting this topic, I got the digital deluxe for steam so I am interested in getting more content for the game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol