Sonic Central 23/Jun/2023 Event - Roundup

A livestream has been announced for Sonic/SEGA related themes, which will be focused on the latest news, upcoming projects, partnerships and events that we can expect for 2023. Not much is known about what could possibly be showcased in this event, but Sonic Central 2023 is also celebrating the anniversary of Sonic The Hedgehog, so we could expect some extra info on what SEGA has in store for the blueblur throughout the year.

The event will begin on June 23rd, 8am PT / 11am ET.
And it begins!
  • Sonic Origins Plus releases today, and they showcase the new glimpse for it.
    We get to see gameplay with all characters, some of the Game Gear games that are getting added, as well as a brief look into Super Amy.

• Sonic Frontiers is up next, and there's a birthday thematic Bash Update that will be featured into it, in celebration of Sonic's Anniversary. It will feature new challenges, new moves like the Spin Dash, new collectible Koco, a New Game+, and all of these for free in the new update.

• Roblox will have new Sonic content.

• Sonic Prime will return to Netflix on July 13th, with new scenes showing Shadow and Sonic.

• Sonic Prime Dash is debuting alongside the new season of Sonic Prime, for mobiles on July 13th.

• Super Silver will be available for both Sonic Forces and Sonic Dash, as well as Dragon Hunter Lancelot (Shadow) for both Sonic Dash and Sonic Dash+ on Apple Arcade, available in July

• Samba de Amigo will also have some Sonic themes, like "Escape from the City" as a song and City Escape as a stage.

• Sonic Symphony World Tour is about to kickoff in London. Paris, Los Angeles, Sau Paulo, Tokyo, Boston, Chicago and many more cities will be available for the symphony. Visit the Sonic Symphony Official website to know the exact dates and places where it will be available.

• Tails Tube, a Tails centric streaming channel on Youtube is showcased, and a small gig based on it

• New Sonic merchandise is shown:
    • A Death Egg Play Set including Eggman and Sonic.
    • New Sonic crocs will also be available, inspired by Sonic's shoes.
    • Hypland will have a collaboration with Sonic, to have some exclusive t-shirts, rugs and other stuff with Sonic characters and themes, available on June 26th.
    • Some new Sonic and Shadow Cable Guys stands for gaming accessories will also available today.
    • S-Fire statues for Sonic and Shadow will be available.
    • Sonic themed ESP guitars will become available soon.
    • Igloo Sonic Playmates, Sonic based coolers will be available right now.
    • IDW comics are also celebrating Sonic's and Amy's birthday, with a new Amy-centric comic release.
    • San Diego Comic Con will feature a Sonic the Hedgehog restaurant.
    • Lego sets based on Sonic are shown too, with a small comical musical gig by Lego Eggman, available August 1st.
  • Sonic Superstars features the original Sonic character designers, Ohshima and Iizuka, back and we get an interview with them. They also talk about the return of Fang the Sniper into the game and will feature online 4 coop gameplay.
    • Sonic Superstars will also feature a Lego Eggman skin by preordering the game.
  • Legoland will also have some tickets and other stuff for Sonic Superstars.

• Sonic 3 (The Movie) is coming, as well as the new Knuckles series. They are only mentioned though, so no new trailers.
And that's a wrap! What are you most excited out of everything showcased in the Sonic Central event?

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would have thought that if they're going to do a Direct, that they would have something of substance to present. I didn't think another core 3D game since Frontiers still has DLC coming, nor another core 2D game since they just announced that obviously. But I was thinking, maybe a remaster of a game like Unleashed, or a 2-in-1 Sonic Adventure Collection, or some sort of spinoff game, like another racing game. Instead, it really was, just a whole lot of nothing.
I guess I don't really blame you, but I guess SEGA probably doesn't want to bother with ports/remasters for the time being outside of Origins because... remember, Colors Ultimate happened.

I feel like if we are going to get a spinoff this year, it'll be Mario & Sonic Paris 2024, and that'll likely be announced at the next Nintendo Direct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto