"Sonic Dream Team", a new sonic game for Apple Arcade coming Dec 5th, 2023

SEGA has released a brand new video today for a new title in their Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, titled "Sonic Dream Team".

The game is a full 3D platformer featuring Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream and Rouge, each one with their own unique abilities, throughout what seems to be dream-like stages, to save the world from Dr. Eggman and retrieve an ancient artifact that makes dreams come true. The trailer shows a few levels, with very vibrant and detailed stages, as well as unique enemies and bosses.

Dive into dreamscapes!
Experience the thrill of speeding through dreamscapes inspired by skate parks, while mastering high-flying tricks and adventurous maneuvers. Get a sneak peek into the captivating world of Sonic Dream Team, where dreams and nightmares collide in a race against time to foil Dr. Eggman's evil plans!

Turn dreams into reality!
Secure your spot in the adventure of a lifetime. Pre-register now to be among the first to join Sonic and friends in this Apple Arcade exclusive, launching December 5th! Follow their quest to restore balance, help a new friend, and save Cream the Rabbit. Find the Dream Orbs, defeat bosses, and be part of the ultimate dream-weaving experience!

Wave the dream!
Join Sonic and his friend in exploring the bizarre world of Dr. Eggman's dreams and thwarting his quest for world domination! Play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, Cream, and Rouge, as you immerse yourself in 12 intricate levels set within four unique dream worlds. Use the team's special abilities to traverse the dreamscapes and discover what awaits in Sonic Dream Team!

Sonic Dream Team will release on December 5th, 2023, for the subscription-based service Apple Arcade, and people interested can pre-register to get the game to experience it on launch. There's no word if the game will come to other devices or consoles as of yet.

:arrow: Source

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple will be more advanced than Switch 2 in HW for sure. The moment Apple start to sell input devices for gaming is when Nintendo going to tremble in fear. Right now playing real game on touch screen sucks and Nintendo can rest easy.

Very likely to get injury playing a regular sonic game on a touch screen.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SEGA has released a brand new video today for a new title in their Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, titled "Sonic Dream Team".

The game is a full 3D platformer featuring Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream and Rouge, each one with their own unique abilities, throughout what seems to be dream-like stages, to save the world from Dr. Eggman and retrieve an ancient artifact that makes dreams come true. The trailer shows a few levels, with very vibrant and detailed stages, as well as unique enemies and bosses.

Sonic Dream Team will release on December 5th, 2023, for the subscription-based service Apple Arcade, and people interested can pre-register to get the game to experience it on launch. There's no word if the game will come to other devices or consoles as of yet.

:arrow: Source

Apple is one of those companies I have so little trust in that I just straight up refuse. Doesn't matter if I'm interested.

Reactions: osaka35

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's thing. Apple finances development of games to build an exclusive repertoire to attract people to subscribe.
I guess so. But I hate that. It's even worse than the Gamepass because at least with the gamepass you can play on a wide variety of devices. I never owned an Apple device so I would have to buy an expensive as fuck phone or tablet or TV or box or whatever, just to be able to sub to something like that.
Even if the sub seems quite nice as it means nice games without microtransactions, it still means quite an expensive entry fee.
Post automatically merged:

rayman mini is stuck in that garbage service and some other titles.
Damn, I never even heard of that game before you mentioned it, even as a Rayman fan. What a shame.

Reactions: pustal

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Apple will be more advanced than Switch 2 in HW for sure. The moment Apple start to sell input devices for gaming is when Nintendo going to tremble in fear. Right now playing real game on touch screen sucks and Nintendo can rest easy.

Very likely to get injury playing a regular sonic game on a touch screen.
This is what I’m thinking they’re going to do.

The iPhone 15 already has 4K output, ray tracing and AAA are testing the waters with it and the SOC. All they need is a “game” microconsole / or gaming focused Apple TV

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So instead of creating *this* for consoles cause thats where your customers - real- ones are at... you do *this* instead.. and than you wonder why your customer get upset like gee golly wizz.. i don't know maybe if you think real hard cruddy saga you will surely get your answer why people leave you, give up on you and stop supporting you in whole.

but its gotten to this point in time which they just don't care but only for money they profit off of consumers eating this trash up.. - it sucks cause i really want another sonic adventure type game for my switch.

*Proceeds to rant about how we'll catch up to Mario and surpass him*

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Proceeds to rant about how we'll catch up to Mario and surpass him*
There is no doubt Sonic is not Mario but Nintendo felt threaten enough that Sonic is hardly seen on their e-store.

Not sure why Sega want to fight head to head with Mario though. I think Sonic superstar may do better if they didn’t launch it near Mario Wonder

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: Fyrus

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that it was clearly not the time to release Sonic and itself could have used more dev time to polish it, I still dread that final Fang fight 😨
Sonic superstar may well be the best sonic to date. It’s back to the root of Sonic design updated to what the newer hardware can do. It is a good game just not at the same level with Mario Wonder

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sonic "Dream" Team?

First off, where's Nights? The purple guy that flies through "dreams"?
Secondly, wow okay ripping this title off Mario & Luigi are we BOO UNORIGINAL

M&L Dream Team was such a good game; not amazing, but definitely very good - unlike this thing

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did it really have to be on apple arcade? i don't even like apple products with how they are restrictive on what you can do with your devices like trying to do an emulator

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I already use Apple Arcade so count me in the three or so people looking forward to this lol. Though there's a new Puzzle and Dragons game also releasing on the same day for Arcade, so I'll probably play that first.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
microtransaction garbage. apple is not a gaming console and is just a cashgrab system. i refuse to recognize anything that is just on apple as a game.

this could be callled sonic garbage for all i care

Reactions: Bladexdsl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this comes to PC or console at some point, i saw a tweet from someone from sega that said the game being on apple arcade basically just meant it can't come to android specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto