SEGA announces a new 2D classic Sonic game called Sonic Superstars

Announced at Summer Games Fest is a brand new Sonic game. SEGA is revisiting the world of classic Sonic for a new 2D game, with retro style gameplay. Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles are all playable, and the game features co-op as well. It's coming out in Fall 2023. Will be on Epic Games Store, Steam, PlayStation, Switch, and Xbox.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks fantastic. My jaw was on the floor. I totally didn't expect this. I love the style, character models, animations, level aesthetics, pitch and general look and feel, music is... Ok?

Physics actually look pretty good and the ramps and momentum seem comparable to "classic Sonic" but there are a few speed boosters on ramps where there shouldn't necessarily need to be.

Really excited to learn more about this and hope they've learned their lessons with Generations classic and Sonic 4. Of course, I'd much rather see a Mania 2 but I'll definitely take this. It's the route they should have taken decades ago.

All in all, really impressed and dying to learn more!

Edit: Also, apparently Naoto Ohshima is onboard serving as character designer so that's pretty fucking cool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4