Sonic Frontier's upcoming update will add playable Tails, Knuckles, and Amy

SEGA has announced another content update for Sonic Frontiers, its latest 3D Sonic title. Titled 'The Final Horizon', it'll add a few major aspects to the game, including new playable characters in the form of Knuckles, Tails, and Amy. The update will also bring new story content, along with more challenges to complete. The free update arrives on September 28th, for all platforms.

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the game when it came out but have yet to play it. I'm glad I made that choice after initial reviews because this is playing out like ACNH.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'mma believe it when I'll see it. They can claim the chars are "playable", only to end up they're indeed playable... in crappy minigames and not the like main open world gameplay.

That new giant tho... reminds me of... someone...
hello-there-general-kenobi.gif

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This game has been so unfairly panned by reviews. It's one of the best games I've played in recent years. I'll gladly replay it when the update comes out.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been burned one too many times by SEGA to have considered buying this game. But, once this update is out, I might give it a rental. I'm curious enough to see how it turned out, and I can't help but be interested in playing as the rest of the cast.

Reactions: shaunj66

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game came and went, it honestly felt like a work in progress so I'll wait for Frontiers 2 instead.
It felt like a work in progress because it's another game that has an open world just to chase that trend. Platforming largely took a backseat to running around in the open world to find necessary progression items, with the most Sonic feeling parts of the gsme being those 30 second rehashes of old Sonic stages.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been burned one too many times by SEGA to have considered buying this game. But, once this update is out, I might give it a rental. I'm curious enough to see how it turned out, and I can't help but be interested in playing as the rest of the cast.
I've been thinking the same thing but honestly I think I'll just wait till it hits ps plus

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But what about Mobius Micromobius eventually instead of Amy Rose and Knuckles the Echidna why not Sally Acorn and Tiara Boobowski?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated