Sonic Triple Trouble 16-Bit updated with playable Amy & more

F46NzdBXoAA46hu.png

Fan game author Noah N Copeland has released a major update to his revered homebrew recreation - Sonic Triple Trouble 16-Bit; a Mega Drive style makeover of the original 8-bit title Sonic Triple Trouble.

The latest update (v1.1.3) includes playable Amy Rose and super forms for all characters when in free-play mode. Also added is Japanese and Turkish language support amongst general bug fixes and performance improvements.

- Amy Rose in FreePlay!
Select from 3 movesets: Origins, Superstars, & S3 Air
- Super Forms for All Characters! (FreePlay only)
- Option to replace lives with coins ala Sonic Origins.
- Japanese & Turkish Language!
- More bug fixes, improved performance!

The game currently supports PC via Windows, MacOS and Android in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavours.

:arrow: Source & download

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck yeah, this is a solid remake! It's already got an android port, I wonder if someone could easily port this to Switch... hmmm :glare:

I've been playing it.. sort of infrequently, on and off on PC, but having it on the go would give me something fun to do in line at the chemist.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know in the end they all are computing but why do these fan remakes of console games not focus on making them on consoles. Its hard to explain for me but the comfort level of gaming on a console always is more enjoyable then a game on a computer for me. Even if I am using a controller from the console.

Some of it is about hardware dedication where u dont have other background processes and other things going on within the hardware of the device that makes me feel more comfortable. even if ifs a massively fast computer i just dont get anywhere near the excitement and fun of playing on aconsole.

with that said hopefully they port this game to a console where it should be

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i know in the end they all are computing but why do these fan remakes of console games not focus on making them on consoles. Its hard to explain for me but the comfort level of gaming on a console always is more enjoyable then a game on a computer for me. Even if I am using a controller from the console.
I'm the same, for some reason I hate playing on a computer, or even watching show/movies for that matter.

Reactions: DS1 and newo

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Some of it is about hardware dedication where u dont have other background processes and other things going on within the hardware of the device that makes me feel more comfortable. even if ifs a massively fast computer i just dont get anywhere near the excitement and fun of playing on aconsole.

I would love for a Wii U port of games like this.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Programming on PC is much easier, and there are many more options for middleware and game engines available. You also don't need a modded console to play it, so the number of people that can play your game is exponentially higher if you release on PC.

I have my PC connected to my TV as my consoles, and you can use Switch, Xbox and PS controllers on PC, so it's really no different than playing on console other than the launcher being (optionally) Steam, and the input on the TV being different.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, another person that likes to take cheap shots at companies. Also why Nintendo, they don't own Sonic?
They are just making comparisons of the companies ethos.

SEGA: do what you like with our mascot just don’t monetise it.

Nintendo: IP INFRACTION! C&D ISSUED! DMCA! REMOVED! WE MUST PROTECT MARIO AT ALL COSTS!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd love to see this made playable on retro handhelds like Anbernic RG353 series, since PortMaster has been used to make the Android and Linux versions of various games playable.
I've been meaning to play this one for some time!

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
They are just making comparisons of the companies ethos.

SEGA: do what you like with our mascot just don’t monetise it.

Nintendo: IP INFRACTION! C&D ISSUED! DMCA! REMOVED! WE MUST PROTECT MARIO AT ALL COSTS!

Meanwhile Zun can do all of what sega done but you can actually monetise it

• Wow
Reactions: KiiWii

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
i know in the end they all are computing but why do these fan remakes of console games not focus on making them on consoles.
Because consoles use proprietary SDK, they are not open nor easily accessible, that would defeat the point of a fangame being a fangame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto