"Sonic Dream Team", a new sonic game for Apple Arcade coming Dec 5th, 2023

SEGA has released a brand new video today for a new title in their Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, titled "Sonic Dream Team".

The game is a full 3D platformer featuring Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream and Rouge, each one with their own unique abilities, throughout what seems to be dream-like stages, to save the world from Dr. Eggman and retrieve an ancient artifact that makes dreams come true. The trailer shows a few levels, with very vibrant and detailed stages, as well as unique enemies and bosses.

Dive into dreamscapes!
Experience the thrill of speeding through dreamscapes inspired by skate parks, while mastering high-flying tricks and adventurous maneuvers. Get a sneak peek into the captivating world of Sonic Dream Team, where dreams and nightmares collide in a race against time to foil Dr. Eggman's evil plans!

Turn dreams into reality!
Secure your spot in the adventure of a lifetime. Pre-register now to be among the first to join Sonic and friends in this Apple Arcade exclusive, launching December 5th! Follow their quest to restore balance, help a new friend, and save Cream the Rabbit. Find the Dream Orbs, defeat bosses, and be part of the ultimate dream-weaving experience!

Wave the dream!
Join Sonic and his friend in exploring the bizarre world of Dr. Eggman's dreams and thwarting his quest for world domination! Play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, Cream, and Rouge, as you immerse yourself in 12 intricate levels set within four unique dream worlds. Use the team's special abilities to traverse the dreamscapes and discover what awaits in Sonic Dream Team!

Sonic Dream Team will release on December 5th, 2023, for the subscription-based service Apple Arcade, and people interested can pre-register to get the game to experience it on launch. There's no word if the game will come to other devices or consoles as of yet.

:arrow: Source

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
seems already like the most interesting sonic game besides sonic mania / sonic colours from the last 2 decades. propably will never play it because of apple arcade. rayman mini is stuck in that garbage service and some other titles.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If there was an architectural jump at some point, that was justifiable to lose compatibility.
Pretty sure that was the reason for it. Newer devices don't support the old 32 bit games, and even for older devices, compatibility was dropped in firmware from iOS 11...... Made it quite the trek to be able to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite again lol

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Who's playing on Apple Arcade fr ?

That's thing. Apple finances development of games to build an exclusive repertoire to attract people to subscribe.

Pretty sure that was the reason for it. Newer devices don't support the old 32 bit games, and even for older devices, compatibility was dropped in firmware from iOS 11...... Made it quite the trek to be able to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite again lol

Not only that. Back in the day at least, you're define a max version when publishing and app and you had to bump it with newer OS versions, that meant you needed to keep updating the app. There was also SDK changes that required you to do more than just bump the number to compile stuff.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

lucasdaolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kinda reminds me of srb2, wonder if anyone at sega got inspiration from what is arguably one of the best sonic fangames out there.
Also the community already modded the base games in so many ways.
You can play as a multiplayers Persona like game or even as a kart racing game (SRB2K)

Reactions: N10A

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tell me you did not read the article without telling me you did not read the article.
To be fair, everyone just jumped on the “Fuck Apple” bandwagon the second they entered this thread. I hate Apple but honestly the Anti-Apple crew are kind of annoying as fuck.
On the topic of the thread, I will probably check this game out when it comes out.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Touchscreen controls. Tap here and there, and move to the next part.

Touchscreen controls just suck for gaming.
Apple Arcade games are launched simultaneously for MacOS, tvOS and iOS. They typically support both controller inputs and touch inputs to accomodate the three systems (you can use controllers on iOS but most people don't use). That's not a thing inheritant to the game but a platform requirement.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a company iPhone se, is it somehow possible to connect it to a proper screen and play it with a gamepad?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a company iPhone se, is it somehow possible to connect it to a proper screen and play it with a gamepad?
It is with a proprietary adapter, but it does introduce some input lag from experience so I wouldn't recommend it. Not to mention how expensive that adapter is (like £60 to £80 last I checked? there might be third party ones though).

Reactions: gohan123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto