Summer Games Fest 2023 - live stream event - live coverage

The E3 replacement showcase is here. This is the big Summer gaming event, set to show games spanning 40 different publishers. Whether it's indie or AAA, you can expect to see a lot of games shown off today. The showcase begins fairly soon, at 12pm PT/8pm BST. Catch the live stream featuring Geoff Keighley, or keep an eye on this thread, because we'll be summarizing the whole show.

It begins.

Ubisoft has a 2D sidescroller action platformer game. Prince of Persia the Lost Crown is out on Jan 18, 2024.

Mortal Kombat 1 is here. We get some violent goodness with this gameplay trailer. Blood and guts and lots of finishing attacks. Johnny Cage is there too. When you pick your main character, you can select a second character which acts as a cameo fighter, joining the fight in special situations and calling them out for attacks. There are unique team ups between specific characters. John Claude van Damme will be a voice actor in the game.

Path of Exile 2 is here. It's been over two years since it was announced, and they've got some gameplay to show now. Find out more July 28.

Capcom has an update for Street Fighter 6. There's going to be an Exoprimal crossover on July 14th. It's implied that further collaborations are in the works with other Capcom IPs.

Nicolas Cage is joining Dead By Daylight next month.

Henry Cavill is next, advertising the new season of The Witcher Netflix series. He's playing Geralt in part of it.

Crossfire is coming August of this year for PSVR2.

Witchfire will be arriving on the Epic Games Store.

Remnant II has a trailer showing off third-person action combat.

Sonic is here...and it's happening. A REAL 2D new Sonic game. You can play as Sonic, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles, and it's coop. There are new power-ups and special stages. It's called Sonic Superstars and is out Fall 2023.

Q4 2023 is Honkai Starrail.

Out later this year is a Soulsbourne like game. It looks a lot like Bloodborne, down to the Victorian setting. Lies of P comes out September 19, and has a demo out now.

This next game comes from Akira Toriyama. Humans and demons live together in this action game. There's a tank and other vehicles that you can fight in. Sand Land is the name, and is published by Bandai Namco.

Annapurna Interactive is hosting their own showcase later in the month. They've published huge hits like Neon White and Stray. June 29th is their event.

Throne and Liberty is a new action game.

Warhaven is from Nexon and it is free to play. Medieval combat, online play.

Party Animals is out 9/20 for new platforms. It's a ragdoll physics game you can play with friends.

Crash Team Rumble is out later this month. June 20th. Ripper Roo is in the game.

Alan Wake 2 is next. Remedy is here to talk about the upcoming game. It's Remedy's first survival horror game. It takes place in the Pacific Northwest. There's been a series of ritualistic murders. There's going to be two playable characters. Raw gameplay presentation will be played on stage, taking place from new character Saga's perspective.

Yes, Your Grace Snowfall has been announced, will be out 2024.

John Carpenter is involved with this next game. Toxic Commando is a first-person zombie killing game. 2024.

Baldur's Gate is next. BD3 is out August 31st.

Spider-Man 2 gets some new information. This Venom is not Eddie Brock. Insomniac wanted its own take on Venom with a unique story. October 20, 2023 release.

Palworld is advertised as like Pokemon with guns. Early access January 2024.

Black Desert Online is getting a new expansion with the Land of the Morning Light available June 14th.

Square Enix is giving fans an update on Ever Crisis. Pre-registration is available with a closed beta coming up.

Don't Nod has a new game. It's an action game, but it has Don't Nod's typical choice system where the story changes. Banishers Ghost of new Eden.

SEGA is here with some Yakuza. Kiryu is back in Like a Dragon: Gaiden.

Underwater scuba adventures in Under the Waves, August 29th.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Warzone has a new update on the way with new content in Season 4.

Faefarm is another farming sim game. It's coming to PC. September 8th.

King Arthur Legends Rise, a new cross-platform UE5 game for mobile and PC, It's a fantasy squad RPG adventure that is available to pre-register today.

Conquer the galaxy in Stellaris Nexus.

Space Trash Scavanger has you take apart old space colonies to salvage parts.

Star Trek is featured next in Star Trek Infinite, with more info coming on Picard Day.

Will Arnet voices Sweetooth in the new Twisted Metal show on Peacock.

An overhead tactical realtime game with Lysanga.

FPS with magical elements, advertised as DOOM but with magic. Immortals of Avenum. Big gameplay trailer. July 20th.

Fortnite Wilds has Transformers content in it.

Final Fantasy 7's Remake part 2, Rebirth, is here. Early 2024, only on PS5, 2-disc release.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Am I just getting old or as games progress graphically does excessive, realistically rendered gore like they showed for MK1 really appeal to anyone?
To be fair. It's kind of it's stick. So MK need over the top and silly gore.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Am I just getting old or as games progress graphically does excessive, realistically rendered gore like they showed for MK1 really appeal to anyone?
Depends on who you ask. Casual players might not care, but for people that have followed the franchise since the beginning, it's a must.
Mortal Kombat has ALWAYS been about the gore, since day 1, and it was actually one of the few games that sparked the whole rating system for videogames alongside Doom and a couple others, so I think it's safe to say that if out of all games once should have gore, it should be Mortal Kombat.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't bother me, but it definitely doesn't appeal to me in the same way it used to either. There's a reason Mortal Kombat is the most popular fighting game franchise only in the US, and pretty much only among teenage boys. Aside from the fatalities/cutscenes, I feel like there's a distinct lack of style and identity to the various attack animations too. I'll just stick to SF6 until I can grab it at a reasonable discount.

Reactions: shaunj66

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean things like Temtem exist fine, I imagine this'll be safe enough.
Yep, at least five Pokemon-likes released on PC in the last couple years. Nintendo can't sue just because a developer improves upon the tired turn-based RPG gameplay and increasingly-uninspired creature designs of Pokemon.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I missed Prince of Persia the Lost Crown... and I'm looking forward to it. I feel like if it is successful, they will start introducing more playable characters in the series.

Yep, at least five Pokemon-likes released on PC in the last couple years. Nintendo can't sue just because a developer improves upon the tired turn-based RPG gameplay and increasingly-uninspired creature designs of Pokemon.
I mean, one of them was pretty much just Eevee.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of feel like games now can only do so much to wow it's audience, with the limited options in their Engines they use you kinda seen it all and feel bored of it after a while. Never really got into the MK fighting type games. I don't mind watching it or wouldn't turn it down. But yeah remakes and sequels all end up looking beautiful in the end. I do feel like we're approaching life like graphics that just don't seem like clay models. Perhaps in 20 years we can be virtually scanned and dropped into any game whilst still controlling it. VR but with human like graphics. A large portion of the world would be zombies from the outside world. Dunno just thinking sci-fi like. Can't forget we came from pong to this.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only game I’ll probably pick up here is the new Classic Sonic game. Everything else was a meh for me. Also the idea of Palworld even existing is still pretty funny to me all this time after the initial announcement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over