"Super Mario Kart Deluxe" romhack gets a brand new 3rd teaser trailer

The original game that started out the Mario Kart franchise, Super Mario Kart, has seen its fair share of romhacks throughout the years. However, none of those romhacks come close to the amount of features and new content that the on-going "Super Mario Kart Deluxe" romhack is offering in its brand new trailer.

"Super Mario Kart Deluxe" has been in development for a couple years by renowned romhackers ScouB, MrL314 and kandowontu, and while there's currently no demo for the project, the developers have been constantly showing their progress on the romhack, with brand new tracks, playable characters, modes, items, and even bosses throughout their showcases on Twitter. This latest trailer gives a peek at some of the new tracks, boss fights, missions and other things that the developers have been working these last months.

Currently, some of the features that Super Mario Kart Deluxe will feature are the following:
  • Works On Original Hardware!
  • 8 Additional Characters (16 Total)
    • Wario, Daisy, Bowser Jr, Kamek
    • Waluigi, Birdo, Dixie Kong, and Toadette
  • 8 Additional Track Themes (16 Total)
    • Daisy Garden, Desert Land, Hazy Cavern, Fiery Volcano
    • Wario Rally, Stormy Jungle, Poison Swamp, and Star Road
  • 6 Additional Cups (10 Total), with Unique Podium Scenes
  • 50 Race Tracks + 10 Battle Tracks
  • Mirror Mode for All Tracks
  • Mission Mode, with 81 Mission Levels and Custom Bosses
  • Settings Menu
  • Custom Item Enable/Disable and Custom Item Probabilities
  • New Game Modes:
    • Shine Thief, Gate Battle, Battle Race (+ More TBA)⍟ 6 Speed Classes: 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, 200cc, 250cc, and 300cc!!
  • New Music and Sound Effects
  • New Items
    • CPU-only items (Egg, Fireball, and Poison Mushroom) can now be used by the player
    • Blue Shell, Yellow Shell, Blooper, P-Ballon and many other make their way to SMK
  • New Track Obstacles (including our beloved swimming friend Dorrie)
  • Staff Ghosts
  • Custom Credits
  • Custom Input Viewer and Speedometer
The romhack currently has no release date set, but those interested in the development of this hack can do so by following the developers accounts in either Twitter, YouTube or Patreon.

:arrow: kandowontu's Twitter
:arrow: MrL314's Twitter
:arrow: ScouB's Twitter

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's compatible with the full screen mod. I can't play Mario kart without it now, it's spoiled me and is how MK should have been released to begin with.

IMG_20230815_075055_564.jpg

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess they didn't learn anything from Link's Awakening. This is gonna be C&D'd before release for sure.
I dunno, in general, Nintendo doesn't go after romhacks (only exception I can think of is the Pokemon Company going after Pokemon Prism, but the Pokemon Company plays by its own rules, where Nintendo is only a third of the entire entity, so their actions are not neccesarily reflective of Nintendo as a whole). Seems to me it's the unofficial remakes and remasters that Nintendo always sets their sights on cancelling. I'd bet good money that this romhack goes up and stays up without being C&D'd.

Reactions: Xzi

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In most cases there is no practical difference. A lot of romhack patches includes copyrighted assets. And even if that wasn't the case it still uses their intellectual property in some way or another that doesn't fall under fair-use.

Not trying to defend them of course, just stating the obvious.
Depends how they handle their patches and what is in them yeah
Post automatically merged:

Nintendo has sent C&D notices to both. They’ve also gone after fan art and literally anything they didn’t sign off on. Nintendo used to DMCA every video regardless of context or fair use just for using footage for their games. Nintendo abuses DMCAs more than a homeless dude abuses meth
And somehow they still arent as bad as Disney

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi and Bladexdsl

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I couldn't care less about this hack. I am TERRIBLE at racing games, no matter how hard I try to keep the gas I always end up in low place.

I already can't play the original Mario Kart games, let alone ROM hacks for them.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man you people really do not put much thought into these comments... Fangame vs romhack.
That + the fact that people don't give a flying fuck if Nintendo takes it down. They like making fan games or romhacks and they're still going to make them
Post automatically merged:

I first thought it was CTGP DX tho .... Still waiting for that

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Basically came here to say this.
You and every one else, because it's stated in every single topic involving Nintendo fan works. Just like the one before this, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, you get the point.

Reactions: Brawl345

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc it was a release candidate that was leaked, it wasn't ever officially released.
There's a lot of controversy regarding Crimson Echoes and the letter being a forgery.

Shortly after the letter was released, an alpha was leaked and a different team continued to work under it and released it as flames of eternity.

A few months of this and considerable progress on this version, the 98% version of CE is suddenly available online for download and there are no repercussions for it. The FoE team ended up fixing that version as well.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nintendo will take down a rom hack they are more ruthless now than apple ever was. you only have to mention the word MARIO in your hacks now and they start frothing at the mouth ready to say: you want me to put the DMChAmmer down?!

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
  • Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot of controversy regarding Crimson Echoes and the letter being a forgery.

Shortly after the letter was released, an alpha was leaked and a different team continued to work under it and released it as flames of eternity.

A few months of this and considerable progress on this version, the 98% version of CE is suddenly available online for download and there are no repercussions for it. The FoE team ended up fixing that version as well.
Thanks for the backstory, guess I only ever heard the short version of the story, especially since I only ever heard years after it all went down.
The original point though, is that they can DMCA you for just uploading videos with their copyrighted material in it, and C&D you simply for announcing that you are working on a fan game with their characters, rom hack or not.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can't think of an instance where they have taken down a romhack. Really if devs make their hacks using IPS (the way they should) they legally cannot take them down.
Pokemon Prism was C&D'd the day before it was supposed to come out and then the Original Developer was forced to step away and never work with the Pokemon IP again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto