New Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trailer showcases Wave 5 DLC tracks

The next influx of courses for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Pass has been revealed. Koopa Cape from Mario Kart Wii, Los Angeles Laps from Mario Kart Tour, Moonview Highway from Mario Kart Wii, Squeaky Clean Sprint is a brand new level entirely, Athens Dash from Mario Kart Tour, Daisy Cruiser from Mario Kart Double Dash, Sunset Wilds from Mario Kart Super Circuit, and Vancouver Velocity from Mario Kart Tour will all be included in the new cup. As previously revealed in a Nintendo Direct, new playable characters will also be added, which includes Birdo, Petey Piranha, Wiggler, and Kamek.

These new courses will launch on July 12th, and as all other DLC tracks before it, will be included as part of Nintendo's Switch Online + Expansion Pack.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been working on 100cc all 3 stars hasn't got to 150cc or 200cc yet. Plenty time before Mario Kart 9 :rofl2:
Dunno if you're aware of this, but from Mario Kart 8 if you clear a cup on 150cc you get the same ranking on the previous ones (50cc/100cc) as well. If you're just playing at your own pace then power to you, it just blew my mind when I was playing originally lol

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dunno if you're aware of this, but from Mario Kart 8 if you clear a cup on 150cc you get the same ranking on the previous ones (50cc/100cc) as well. If you're just playing at your own pace then power to you, it just blew my mind when I was playing originally lol
I didn't know that. But it's probably not something I would use. I like to get acquainted with the new tracks with the slow 50cc and 100cc first. Then I just 3stars everything up to 200cc.

Reactions: Scarlet

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
...theres another one? I feel like theres no point in making Mario Kart 9 if they're just gonna keep doing this.
That's the point. Why bother creating a new entry from scrath when you can keep on milking the huge MK8 customer base with cheaply-produced tracks.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Honesty I am freaking tired of Mario Kart 8. Hope the next Nintendo console gets released someday so we get Mario Kart 9.
What more can a racing game like this do to warrant more releases? Just renew the thing with DLCs, like MMOs are doing for years, with support for the newest platform and keep on truckin'

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im old and cranky been out of driving for while i need to get my driving experenice back guess im being in training for overspeed course.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do find it kind of funny how they didn't really bother to show most of this off during the Nintendo Direct a few weeks back... especially since the release date is like what, 3 weeks out from that?

But hey, Koopa Cape and Daisy Cruiser are back, that's nice.

Reactions: Vorde

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great they made new tracks, but no new characters... 😕

I loved MK8D online though it eventually got repetitive always playing as the same ones.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honesty I am freaking tired of Mario Kart 8. Hope the next Nintendo console gets released someday so we get Mario Kart 9.

I'm waiting for the full package to come out, otherwise I'd have burnt out already. I loathe drip fed DLC.

For MK9 to exist we'd need new mechanics.
I'd rather wait for the next Nintendo system (if they ever release one) before getting a new entry at this point in time.

Great they made new tracks, but no new characters... 😕

I loved MK8D online though it eventually got repetitive always playing as the same ones.

Characters are literally skins, they don't matter for the game at all, unlike Double Dash, the previous best entry.

MK8 (Deluxe) wins the #1 spot for the sheer amount of courses though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto