"Super Mario Kart Deluxe" romhack gets a brand new 3rd teaser trailer

The original game that started out the Mario Kart franchise, Super Mario Kart, has seen its fair share of romhacks throughout the years. However, none of those romhacks come close to the amount of features and new content that the on-going "Super Mario Kart Deluxe" romhack is offering in its brand new trailer.

"Super Mario Kart Deluxe" has been in development for a couple years by renowned romhackers ScouB, MrL314 and kandowontu, and while there's currently no demo for the project, the developers have been constantly showing their progress on the romhack, with brand new tracks, playable characters, modes, items, and even bosses throughout their showcases on Twitter. This latest trailer gives a peek at some of the new tracks, boss fights, missions and other things that the developers have been working these last months.

Currently, some of the features that Super Mario Kart Deluxe will feature are the following:
  • Works On Original Hardware!
  • 8 Additional Characters (16 Total)
    • Wario, Daisy, Bowser Jr, Kamek
    • Waluigi, Birdo, Dixie Kong, and Toadette
  • 8 Additional Track Themes (16 Total)
    • Daisy Garden, Desert Land, Hazy Cavern, Fiery Volcano
    • Wario Rally, Stormy Jungle, Poison Swamp, and Star Road
  • 6 Additional Cups (10 Total), with Unique Podium Scenes
  • 50 Race Tracks + 10 Battle Tracks
  • Mirror Mode for All Tracks
  • Mission Mode, with 81 Mission Levels and Custom Bosses
  • Settings Menu
  • Custom Item Enable/Disable and Custom Item Probabilities
  • New Game Modes:
    • Shine Thief, Gate Battle, Battle Race (+ More TBA)⍟ 6 Speed Classes: 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, 200cc, 250cc, and 300cc!!
  • New Music and Sound Effects
  • New Items
    • CPU-only items (Egg, Fireball, and Poison Mushroom) can now be used by the player
    • Blue Shell, Yellow Shell, Blooper, P-Ballon and many other make their way to SMK
  • New Track Obstacles (including our beloved swimming friend Dorrie)
  • Staff Ghosts
  • Custom Credits
  • Custom Input Viewer and Speedometer
The romhack currently has no release date set, but those interested in the development of this hack can do so by following the developers accounts in either Twitter, YouTube or Patreon.

:arrow: kandowontu's Twitter
:arrow: MrL314's Twitter
:arrow: ScouB's Twitter

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nintendo will take down a rom hack they are more ruthless now than apple ever was. you only have to mention the word MARIO in your hacks now and they start frothing at the mouth ready to say: you want me to put the DMChAmmer down?!
Maybe shut and start having a different approach rather than go on about the DMCA hammer in all of your posts.

Pokemon Prism was C&D'd the day before it was supposed to come out and then the Original Developer was forced to step away and never work with the Pokemon IP again
The latest patch was released on August 2023, so I don't think they gave up on development just yet.
https://rainbowdevs.com/title/prism/

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Maybe shut and start having a different approach rather than go on about the DMCA hammer in all of your posts.

The latest patch was released on August 2023, so I don't think they gave up on development just yet.
https://rainbowdevs.com/title/prism/
Another team picked it up after it was leaked, The original developer is not involved in any way because of the C&D
Had it not leaked, It would never have been released

Reactions: SylverReZ

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does kinda suck how every time someone releases a new fan project everyone goes "nintendo gonna dmca!!!!"
Maybe just show your appreciation or critique of the project instead? The reason devs show off their projects is because they know that people like seeing them. I personally think it's best to wait until release to tell anyone about these projects, but I understand why they want to build hype around the project: You want people to be as excited as you are. I get it. Nintendo sucks and dmcas cool stuff all the time. But at this point can't we just make it a new rule of the internet and move on instead of filling up threads about fan projects talking about it?

Reactions: Brawl345 and Jonna

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Prism was C&D'd the day before it was supposed to come out and then the Original Developer was forced to step away and never work with the Pokemon IP again
And Pokemon Prism being taken down isn't solely on Nintendo, in fact, Pokemon Company is only 1/3 controlled by Nintendo, they alone have a minority say in any given matter, for all we know it was Game Freak & Creatures that weren't cool with the romhack and Nintendo didn't care at all. So for the only example of a Nintendo romhack being taken down by a C&D is through the Pokemon Company, then that seems to be good news for this romhack. I mean there are countless amazing Romhacks over the years for 1st party Nintendo games that they've never gone after. When we're talking Nintendo proper, it seems to be the fan made remakes and remasters that they're most keen to take down with a C&D.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn, this is at the level of Starfox Ex or anything along those lines. Can't wait!

DMCA'd in 3... 2... 1...
DAY ONE DMCA!
For Kamek's sake, please just stop this stupid nonsense. Romhacks are never taken down as they don't contain any copyrighted material or assets. You still need the original rom.

Link's Awakening DX had all the assets built in, it was a complete "download and play" experience which is why it was clear it would be DMCA'd within seconds (which happened).
This never happens to romhacks though, if they are released as IPS or BPS patches, which is why sites like romhacking.net are up and running for decades.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Kamek's sake, please just stop this stupid nonsense. Romhacks are never taken down as they don't contain any copyrighted material or assets. You still need the original rom.
I know that, but you're ruining our fun! 😥

In all seriousness, I don't see Nintendo coming after this project unless they really want to be a jerk about it. If the LoZ HD game gets released again, it should allow the user to dump their own assets to the game, instead of including them by default, to avoid another takedown.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take that back, I forget if it was technically under dmca or not but I do know for sure that it was C&D before release.
Well the thing with Cease and Desist is that the entity issuing one doesn't need any legal grounds to do so. It's basically just an official way to say, "Stop doing this, or we will look into pursuing a civil and/or criminal case (if possible),"

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think I've ever been that hyped about a hack, watching trailers several times to see every detail etc... I sure hope it's gonna get released soon.

I got one major complaint though : no Shyguy :glare: :rofl:

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! They added a ton more than I expected from what I figured was just a "character and stage" hack. This just shot up to my number one for upcoming releases.

Reactions: Ligeia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto