Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (For Gameboy Color) English translation has been released!

titlescreen.jpg

A user only known only as "user123123" on romhacking.net has just released a full English translation for the Japanese-only released Gameboy Color game Star Ocean: Blue Sphere on January 15th, 2020.

UPDATE: The translation was taken down from romhacking.net without notice or reason, so I uploaded it to my file hosts:

Google Drive: HERE
MEGA: HERE
Torrent: HERE and HERE
The 7-zip password is: romhacking.net

Lunar IPS ROM patcher: HERE

Note: The ROM you'll need for the patch is named Star Ocean - Blue Sphere (J) [C][!].gbc and will obviously NOT be linked to here.

Last edited by Jayro,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was probably derived from this release. The author of the translation was commissioned by this company to translate the game for a physical release. I assume a stipulation from the commission disbars the author from publishing the work.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
wow, big news.
I could have played it already since there is a spanish translation, but I prefer gaming in english.
I've waited well over a decade for this, so as soon as I saw it, I just HAD to preserve it, and share it with the world. :wub:

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whoo!! I've been looking forward to the translation by "mz" from romhacking.net, but the thread kinda died out. I even bought the game about a year ago and now I can finally play it \^^/

Edit: Ok, nvm. It seems to be mz's translation, but leaked and unfinished. I'll wait for the complete product, or learn Japanese ^^'

Last edited by seseiSeki,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone comment on the quality of the translation? GideonZhi, who is working on another version, claimed it was a haphazard machine translation with slight edits for readability.

Reactions: cearp

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I investigated a little about why it was removed and turns out that the translation is not 100% finished and has lots of bugs.
I have yet to play it to confirm if that is true, but I wont get my hopes up just yet.

EDIT: yup, is incomplete.
see for yourself by saving at the first moment you can, reset and enter connect mode.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night