Mig switch flashcard clones are coming

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

they claim that they succesfully cloned mig switch and they are to massive produce clones of it

Attachments

• GKkQA3YWUAALpc3.jpg
    GKkQA3YWUAALpc3.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 9

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was much sooner than I expected... Holy cow... Hope a significant price drop comes with it, and I hope they clone the dumper too.
I just don’t understand why they wasted the time cloning it but not adding a button or anything as well

It better at least be a significant price drop

Reactions: Jayro

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It do support XCI? But you need the other files as well.
Mig does support XCI? I remember reading they have their own format that was needed. I don't currently own a MIG (yet) so I am not familiar with everything that goes into it

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mig does support XCI? I remember reading they have their own format that was needed. I don't currently own a MIG (yet) so I am not familiar with everything that goes into it
XCI works just almost all the dumps online aren’t “full” dumps since these bin files are also on the cartridge. So those need to be redumped with these files(initial data at minimum and users can provide the rest from a doner game)

Trimmed XCIs fail to load completly likely due to the trimming causing a mismatch with the initial data file

Modified XCIs I have no clue as I can’t figure out the process of getting an unpacked NCA folder back into its NCA file and back into an XCI after

I can extract the XCI fine just can’t figure out the full process of getting it back together

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
XCI works just almost all the dumps online aren’t “full” dumps since these bin files are also on the cartridge. So those need to be redumped with these files(initial data at minimum and users can provide the rest from a doner game)

Trimmed XCIs fail to load completly likely due to the trimming causing a mismatch with the initial data file

Modified XCIs I have no clue as I can’t figure out the process of getting an unpacked NCA folder back into its NCA file and back into an XCI after

I can extract the XCI fine just can’t figure out the full process of getting it back together
I see, so I am guessing the era files are needed for MIG to play the games?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so I am guessing the era files are needed for MIG to play the games?
Yea those 3 extra files are what makes each cartridge unique

Thats why a doner would help and can be supplied by anything. Just if you want to source the games elsewhere the xci and initial data file need to match each other

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yea those 3 extra files are what makes each cartridge unique

Thats why a doner would help and can be supplied by anything. Just if you want to source the games elsewhere the xci and initial data file need to match each other
Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him