McDonald's releases new free-to-play web browser game, "Grimace's Birthday", developed as a new GameBoy Color ROM in 2023

Untitled.png

In an unexpected turn of events, McDonald's has started a new marketing campaign, announcing the return of their beloved McDonaldLand characters, like Grimace, Birdie the Early Bird, Hamburgular and the McNugget Buddies, as well as promoting a new ice cream shake "Grimace's Birthday". However, that wasn't the only way in which McDonald's is making said promotions.

McDonald's opened a new website titled "grimacesbirthday.com", and users are greeted with a surplus of ad-like images containing McDonald's marketing material, and the most interesting of all, is a free-to-play game in the website, appropriately titled "Grimace's Birthday". At first glance, and for those who have been in the internet for quite some time, the title might seem like your typical Java or Flash game running in the website, but the reality of it is entirely different.

"Grimace's Birthday" is actually an entirely new GameBoy Color ROM developed by Krool Toys, a new release for the GBC system in 2023, more than 2 decades after the device has been out of stores.
Those interested in playing the game can do so directly through McDonald's website, but a dump of the game has also been making its rounds online in ROM format.

UPDATE: The game "Grimace's Birthday" was made specifically for this celebration in 2023, and it was done with the use of GB Studio.

:arrow: Grimace's Birthday website
:arrow: GB Studio Central article

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The second works.

That's until it's removed god knows when.
I wonder if the ROM wasn't just silently updated, and happened to use the .gb extension for some reason.

Else, renaming would not be out of the ordinary either, considering all of the URL is identical up to the extension, lol

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the ROM wasn't just silently updated, and happened to use the .gb extension for some reason.

Else, renaming would not be out of the ordinary either, considering all of the URL is identical up to the extension, lol
I downloaded the first time so have not compared with the new link.

I was playing it earlier today on a GBA emulator and I was enjoying, but the time limit kinda ruined it as I was searching for all the bottles and I had to restart. :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

It has been going through updates.
Last I knew, the ROM was at like V3 already, so they have indeed been updating it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?