1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Yeah, the one who made the translation (allegedly) has gotten kinda bitter it was leaked, which I get, it sucks when it happens. But let's face it, what's done is done, and can;t be undone, but can't people be a little more levelheaded about it and not make a federal case out of it? And if he has been selling repo carts with the translation, well, I don't know what to tell ya buddy. :rolleyes:

2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    The dude translated the game which is a good thing.

He then sells pirated copies of the game with the translation. Not so good.

He then gets pissed off someone stole his work. Thats fucking hilarious. A pirate getting pissed off at the fact he got pirated :rofl2:

Uiaad likes this.
  3. Subtle Demise

United States
    Star Ocean is one of my favorite RPG series. I didn't know this game even existed! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll probably add this translation to my Fiancé's SNES classic and get that dusted off again lol. Anyone played it yet? How does it compare to say the SNES version or the PSP remakes?

4. AmandaRose

United Kingdom
    Yep its pretty good considering its a gbc game. I have finished the game a good few times in Japanese and the story is a direct sequel to the Second story. Its set two years after second story.

5. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

Chile
    he didn't got bitter only because it was leaked, he is mad because that translation is incomplete and buggy.
    he doesn't want an unfinished product floating around with his name attached to it, which is very understandable.
    but this unfinished patch is all we have, so is still better than nothing.

KooPako and tyrantnyx like this.
  6. AmandaRose

United Kingdom
    He has been selling reproduction versions of of the game online with the patch lol yep he is really concerned about people playing the unfinished patch :rofl2:

7. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    To me the jury is still out, but yeah the scenario completely changes if there's a link between him and the reproductions.

8. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

Chile
    we don't know if mz did that or not.
    all we know is that fishyface commissioned someone for the translation.
    was it mz who sold the translation? did someone that mz shared the translation with to test it sold it?
    we don't know the details, so don't go pointing fingers.

tyrantnyx and zfreeman like this.
  9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I mean, it sure looks that way to me

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=29912.msg388390#msg388390

KooPako likes this.
  10. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    Wow I didnt even know this game existed.

11. azure0612

azure0612 Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    I have been waiting for a years to play this full translation game. But, if it take away from anywhere. I Can't do anything. W

Edited:

Ijust investigate something about it and i curiously that this is based on Mz (on Rhdn page) stolen unfinished project.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  12. Jayro

OP Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    I woke up to Google's "DMCA takedown" robo-email bullshit for the raw .ips file, so I 7-zipped it together with a 1MB dummy file, and passworded the 7-zip file before reuploading it to Google Drive, MEGA, and a Torrent. Hopefully the links will stay working now. :yaysp:

whateverg1012 likes this.
  13. KooPako

KooPako GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gba SP brighter

godreborn likes this.
  14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    thanks, that's what I bought last night on ebay. it has a clear blue shell, so you can see the innards. :P

tyrantnyx and Jayro like this.
  15. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    man it was only a matter of time until the game was leaked. I bought my repo copy from fishyface back when they first released it. I only played it after the intro for a few seconds lol becasue i didnt want to start another game before i finish 1 i already started and didnt finish lol. fishyface does great work and glad they released te complete game. sucks someone leaked it and now cheap repos are being made (i see the person who's selling it and others repos- mostly they do lots of pokemon games to make money and sell a number of hacks. i played all of them and know that the ones being sold aren't complete). I'm glad I bought the game from fishyface last year and can enjoy the quality work not only put into the game and love the quality job they did making the box, manual and for also having clear blue and dark blue cartridges ( i chose the dark blue one one).

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I looked on their website "fishyface," and I could not find any way to buy a new one, so I had to settle for ebay. sealed copies run for hundreds of dollars.

17. qaz015393

United States
    It was a limited release and they only made a certain number of copies last year. I know some sealed ones go for a lot but I didn't care. I bought 1 and didn't get 2 because I knew it has a battery and didn't want to ruin the game keeping it sealed. I know some people do but I actually want to play it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    godreborn likes this.
  18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    that's the dilemma. like you, I want to play the game. I actually bought a refurbished gba sp, since the backlight seems not to work anymore on my original gba. anyway, when they go for those ludicrous prices (or at least what they're asking with no bites), you feel bad opening the game. I didn't want to buy one of these super expensive games. I want the instruction manual mostly, but that would mean opening the package. it's a difficult decision.

Jayro likes this.
  19. qaz015393

United States
    Yeah I got ya. I'm going to play my game on my backlight gbc. Maybe you can ask one of the people who do repos or who owns a fishface copy to make you a manual.

20. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Brazil
    so the translation is buggy and incomplete and the only good part is the manual...

Glyptofane likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translation, released, Gameboy