Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (For Gameboy Color) English translation has been released!

titlescreen.jpg

A user only known only as "user123123" on romhacking.net has just released a full English translation for the Japanese-only released Gameboy Color game Star Ocean: Blue Sphere on January 15th, 2020.

UPDATE: The translation was taken down from romhacking.net without notice or reason, so I uploaded it to my file hosts:

Google Drive: HERE
MEGA: HERE
Torrent: HERE and HERE
The 7-zip password is: romhacking.net

Lunar IPS ROM patcher: HERE

Note: The ROM you'll need for the patch is named Star Ocean - Blue Sphere (J) [C][!].gbc and will obviously NOT be linked to here.

Last edited by Jayro,

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the translation is buggy and incomplete and the only good part is the manual...
I just completed the game on an everdrive no issues zero crashes or bugs so I'm super confused about the reports of it being buggy or incomplete. (besides the untranslated connect mode)

D

Deleted User

I just completed the game on an everdrive no issues zero crashes or bugs so I'm super confused about the reports of it being buggy or incomplete. (besides the untranslated connect mode)
I have yet to test the patch myself. Maybe glitches appear on emulators and not on real hardware?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The header needs fixed or the typical emulator will mishandle the game. On real hardware, the header is not used, hence, no issues.

Attachments

• HebeGB9x.zip
    534.2 KB · Views: 145

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet, but those are all reasons the translator, mz, cited for having it pulled from RHDN. It sounds like it may be passable enough afterall to enjoy playing through the game, but he seems pretty ashamed of the outcome.

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet, but those are all reasons the translator, mz, cited for having it pulled from RHDN. It sounds like it may be passable enough afterall to enjoy playing through the game, but he seems pretty ashamed of the outcome.
Well most of the reason I'm confused about that whole situation is he says several times that he didn't complete the translation passed a certain area in the game and that he didn't want it being released due to grammar mistakes and due to the fact that he did not finish translating the story stuff but everything is translated in this I was actually trying to find out whether this was his translation or not but I couldn't find any screenshots of his translation anywhere I'm not entirely sure how valid that is or not he said he didn't finish translating the bestiary in the game but as far as I can tell literally every monster that I scanned had a translation. So the reason for taking down the translation didn't make any sense to me after that.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by zfreeman,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have to try this out. I have always been interested in the Star Ocean series from afar. I actually own 3 of them... But never really played more than 10 hours of one but. I would like to.

Miktran

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game is crashing & freezing constantly while playing this game on my TW++Menu in my 3DS.
Would that be related to the translation itself being 'beta' or the previous mentioned issues with the header adjustment?
Has anyone else faced similar issues while playing in other platforms ?

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is crashing & freezing constantly while playing this game on my TW++Menu in my 3DS.
Would that be related to the translation itself being 'beta' or the previous mentioned issues with the header adjustment?
Has anyone else faced similar issues while playing in other platforms ?

I didn't like the translation. Recommend waiting for agtp's faithful, complete product.

https://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=sobs

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I hope your ready to wait another 10 years.. it's been 10 years since he started this project for christ sake! He might just cancel it now.

He recently mentioned that it was almost complete but a couple of the private action tables need to be rewritten. I'd expect it by the end of spring, hopefully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: