Russia blocks access to Nintendo Network... in an attempt to ban Telegram

upload_2018-4-17_17-21-43.png

Russian telecommunications regulator Roskomnadzor has received and complied to a court order to blacklist Telegram in the country. It did so by blocking millions of addresses, impacting plenty of unrelated services, including Nintendo Network. All three platforms using it (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo Switch) are now unable to access online play, and are getting error messages when attempting to. Impact varies by internet provider, since they all have blocked different addresses. According to players, Splatoon 2 is the most affected game as a result of this ban.

Nintendo has acknowledged the problem on Russian social media site VK, but has no information to share as of now. Hopefully, Russian players will be able to play online again soon.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Live long enough and you will learn to ignore fad chat protocols and dismiss them accordingly. Like I think I am right now witnessing the start of Discord's demise as their dev/mod team seems to have caught a nasty case of the poor bans so give it a year or so...

Maybe one day we will have a proper open source (preferably client and protocol but protocol is enough), user made server option again. That said I am not sure quite how the world regressed to the current awful state it is in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegraphy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing_telegram

I was more or less thinking of these types of telegrams. Not internet protocols. Nonetheless your input is appreciated

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You got to be under 25 to not know what a telegram is!!!!
I'm 34, and never needed anything else than Facebook messenger. Against popular opinion, I hate trying to use discord. Snapchat, Instagram, etc is all redundant to Facebook/messenger.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: chartube12

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And they pulled simmilar shit somewhere else, raising the minimum age for some chat program I forget

this will be the downfall of the world. a shitty downfzll

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 34, and never needed anything else than Facebook messenger. Against popular opinion, I hate trying to use discord. Snapchat, Instagram, etc is all redundant to Facebook/messenger.

Except that Facebook messenger has now started automatically monitoring and filtering/censoring "private" conversations depending on what their computers think you are talking about and the list of things to look for and block is increasing all the time.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that Facebook messenger has now started automatically monitoring and filtering/censoring "private" conversations depending on what their computers think you are talking about and the list of things to look for and block is increasing all the time.

Same as what apple did with iMessage and att did with texting 7 years ago. Eventually like imassage and att ,they will mess up, stop an important text from going through, someone will die and they will be forced to reverse the censorship.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1