ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
98% of times that this homebrew "isnt working" is just the user that doesnt know how to use it or what it actually does.
The OP has a lot of patience, please read the previous posts as they explain a lot of stuff.
Thanks for the work, this is a must have.

Reactions: one-piece and Trice

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No it didnt work. I mean, it works, the radiator fan runs stronger. But I dont see any different about graphic.
It's not working for you. It's not the issue with ReverseNX, but with your installation.
Check if you have log file in SaltySD and attach it here. What CFW are you using? What FW?

Zenate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can I say? This plugin works with almost every my games, but Mario Odyssey and FE3H. Those 2 game i really cant see any graphic improvement.
May I ask this: if I updated my games then with overclock plugin i should write game ID or update ID?

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What can I say? This plugin works with almost every my games, but Mario Odyssey and FE3H. Those 2 game i really cant see any graphic improvement.
May I ask this: if I updated my games then with overclock plugin i should write game ID or update ID?
I make it with gameid.
Also, there are a few games, 32bit i think, that doesnt get any change with reversenx, like mario kart i remember.

one-piece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a way to pause SaltyNx and then start it again without a reboot? Currently I'm doing it by renaming the folders (kip and SaltyNx) then reboot to deactivate and renaming it again to activate it. Is there another way?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there a way to pause SaltyNx and then start it again without a reboot? Currently I'm doing it by renaming the folders (kip and SaltyNx) then reboot to deactivate and renaming it again to activate it. Is there another way?
Look at ReverseNX-Tool. It has option to disable loading ReverseNX. There is no way to disable SaltyNX as process with PM commands in current state.

Reactions: one-piece

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SX OS with 2.9 update added better support for sysmodules, so I made shadow update for compability with SX OS to ReverseNX and ReverseNX-Tool.

ReverseNX-Tool now next to cheats options has info that this is only for atmosphere.

ReverseNX code is not changed, but because of SX OS not supporting kips releases now come with three packages:
KIP
NSP
ReverseNX

For Atmosphere or Reinx you can use combination KIP.zip + ReverseNX or NSP.zip + ReverseNX

For SX OS (2.9 or newer, older are not working) only NSP.zip + ReverseNX

For SX OS remember to rename atmosphere folder to sxos

For ReinX remember to rename atmosphere folder to reinx and in case of using KIP rename kips folder to sysmodules

It was tested only with SX OS 2.9.2, FW 9.0.0. No technical support will be from me for SX OS.

one-piece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Look at ReverseNX-Tool. It has option to disable loading ReverseNX. There is no way to disable SaltyNX as process with PM commands in current state.
Thanks for your hard work, I was wondering, since you are the one actively working on Salty. Can you add an option in your fork of SaltyNx disable the log?, I thinking SaltyNx is constantly writing on it and even when is needed is an extremely long file to browse. So it would be nice an option to disable and enable it like the one in Sys-clk.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for your hard work, I was wondering, since you are the one actively working on Salty. Can you add an option in your fork of SaltyNx disable the log?, I thinking SaltyNx is constantly writing on it and even when is needed is an extremely long file to browse. So it would be nice an option to disable and enable it like the one in Sys-clk.
I forgot to mention. I tried, but it was making SaltyNX unstable for some unknown reason.

Reactions: one-piece

themosteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SX OS with 2.9 update added better support for sysmodules, so I made shadow update for compability with SX OS to ReverseNX and ReverseNX-Tool.

ReverseNX-Tool now next to cheats options has info that this is only for atmosphere.

ReverseNX code is not changed, but because of SX OS not supporting kips releases now come with three packages:
KIP
NSP
ReverseNX

It was tested only with SX OS 2.9.2, FW 9.0.0. No technical support will be from me for SX OS.
Thanks dude, this is superb amazing, finally sx users can use xci loader with reverseNX and Overclock, really game changer
Best homebrew ever for NX

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy
D

Deleted User

@thuggothic YES, its work with SX OS..

"For SX OS (2.9 or newer, older are not working) only NSP.zip + ReverseNX

For SX OS remember to rename atmosphere folder to sxos"

Reactions: thuggothic

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In the time you took to write that it would have been faster to type yes or no

I did read through alot of pages but not all of em

Try being a little less of an asshole next time
Just you should try to read first post. I'm updating it frequently...

Not my fault that you think I'm so lazy that I won't update first post.
And you had your answer in last post - just before yours...

upload_2019-10-12_17-20-31.png

And no - if you can't search properly, I will be an asshole.

inuptia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a question, what if reversenx launch a game in dock mode while i'm not plug, i mean sys-clk, don't overclock the gpu so, some game may gave performance issue nope ?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I’m trying to set docked flag in handheld mode in Dragon Quest XI, but I don’t see any difference in-game.

Atmosphere user, have the “kips” folder under sd:/atmosphere and saltySD in root.

ReverseNX tool generate a flag for the title id, but not sure if it’s working correctly or I’m doing something wrong.

Last edited by cucholix,

City Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Also want to use docked setting in handheld for Dragon Quest XI. Have newest Atmosphere, FW 9.0 and also copied the kips. I used the reverseNX tool, however I cannot see and difference, I also don't feel any particular slowdowns without overclocking.

Is there any way in the game to find out if it is docked mode or not? There is a log file, but I cannot see any real error.

Dear Cucholix,

Perhaps I should also try NSP since you said KIPS didn't work for you.
Are the graphical differences clearly visible and do you feel some slowdowns when not overclocking? If so where especially so I can see if I am really still in handheld settings or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1