ROM Hack The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Graphic mod plugin

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven’t tested throughly, but my guesstimation it’s 720p dynamic or fixed?
Is this the source for the mod?
Screenshot 2023-07-19 182453.png
Then it should be 1080p both handheld and docked.
But to me it doesn´t look like same resolution (using reverse NX on the title screen).

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I will take a look later, an easy way to test is play in handheld (no docked reversenx) and see how the game run without overclocking.
And yeah that's the source, although not 100% as I made some adjustments, so it would be interesting to check if handheld is running at 1080p still.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok, I got it, ecl0674 included a handheld as docked in the code by default, so yeah it will run at 1080p in both modes, I didn't included that in my plugin, I prefer doing it via reversenx, in this game in particular I have problems with amiibo reading when using handheld as docked, also it's better not throtle the system at 1080p in handheld since you will only get some marginal graphical bells and whistles.

Reactions: [Truth]

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, I got it, ecl0674 included a handheld as docked in the code by default, so yeah it will run at 1080p in both modes, I didn't included that in my plugin, I prefer doing it via reversenx, in this game in particular I have problems with amiibo reading when using handheld as docked, also it's better not throtle the system at 1080p in handheld since you will only get some marginal graphical bells and whistles.
And it's possible to get locked 1080 at dock and 720 at handheld with your mod? The method eclipse use can't do it

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So that means your mod is 1080p fixed docked and 720p dynamic handheld?

Edit: there is still something off. In docked it's also not running at 1080p and/or not fixed.
When I disable overclock, I still get 30fps most of the time.

When using 1080p fixed cheat by Hazerou it only runs at 30fps with overclock, even in non demanding areas.

Last edited by [Truth],

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you are getting severe resolution shifts means your Switch is not up to keep consistent 1080p target resolution with all the other graphical tweaks in place, if you set a fixed 1080p you will induce lag and stutter.

Reactions: Medel87

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm legit surprised how well my docked 1326/844/1996 erista is handling the 1080p mod. It's very much worth the effort to figure out just how far you can push your RAM, folks. Only slowdown to maybe 20fps I've had was flying into Kakariko. I will say one oddity that I immediately noticed was with distant mountain range peaks during certain lighting conditions at 1080p. It's difficult to describe, but watch a sunset with the guy who's watching the windmills in Hateno and you'll see what I mean

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I will say one oddity that I immediately noticed was with distant mountain range peaks during certain lighting conditions at 1080p. It's difficult to describe, but watch a sunset with the guy who's watching the windmills in Hateno and you'll see what I mean
Can please take a capture, or video?

Last edited by cucholix,

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are getting severe resolution shifts means your Switch is not up to keep consistent 1080p target resolution with all the other graphical tweaks in place, if you set a fixed 1080p you will induce lag and stutter.
Would still love a fixed res one, then I know if I have to raise GPU OC even higher or if it´s enough. :P

Reactions: Medel87

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Necluda weather has been proving it difficult to capture exactly the extremes of it that I was seeing yesterday, where sunset reds were glitching through the top 3rd of Dueling, but these should give a good enough idea. You can see the peak line light up when it flips 1080p, island edges pop through clouds, etc. Maybe that's how this mod has to work, but I've always found the way the lighting engine hits that region particularly stunning.
https://imgur.com/a/IrEuuxE https://imgur.com/a/gn2OfYn https://imgur.com/a/h88X9c6

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Necluda weather has been proving it difficult to capture exactly the extremes of it that I was seeing yesterday, where sunset reds were glitching through the top 3rd of Dueling, but these should give a good enough idea. You can see the peak line light up when it flips 1080p, island edges pop through clouds, etc. Maybe that's how this mod has to work, but I've always found the way the lighting engine hits that region particularly stunning.
https://imgur.com/a/IrEuuxE https://imgur.com/a/gn2OfYn https://imgur.com/a/h88X9c6
Thanks, does it do the same with 900p mod?
I wonder if the FXAA tweaks actually produce this...

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I know from a trusted source that it is a glitch produced by setting the game at 1080p, the engine is just not designed for such high resolution, there's no fix sadly.

carlitos2200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Graphic mod plugin
Works with all versions of the american release
(it could break if Nintendo decides to make a groundbreaking change :P)
Mod created by @ecl0674

Option 1) 900p dynamic [0100F2C0115B6000_900p_DynRes]:
  • 900p dynamic resolution (docked)
  • 720p dynamic resolution (handheld)
  • Increased shadow quality and distance (docked|handheld)
  • Increased resolution of dynamic shadows (docked|handheld)
  • Changed texture filtering from linear to aniso (docked|handheld)
  • Slightly increased mips for all textures (docked|handheld)
  • Minor changes to FXAA anti-aliasing (docked|handheld)
  • Disabled FXAA anti-aliasing on the character screen (docked|handheld)
Option 2) 1080p [0100F2C0115B6000_1080p_DynRes]:
  • 1080p dynamic resolution (docked)
  • 720p dynamic resolution (handheld)
  • Increased shadow quality and distance (docked|handheld)
  • Slightly increased resolution of dynamic shadows (there's a memory issue that doesn't allow higher res shadows + 1080p) (docked|handheld)
  • Changed texture filtering from linear to aniso (docked|handheld)
  • Slightly increased mips for all textures (docked|handheld)
  • Minor changes to FXAA anti-aliasing (docked|handheld)
  • Disabled FXAA anti-aliasing on the character screen (docked|handheld)
Higher OC will keep the game closer to target resolution, unlike the original mod I didn't force docked mode into handheld (issues when invoking amiibo)
Thanks to @masagrator for guiding me into learning Skyline plugin creation, I used his MonHunRiseResPlugin as template.

Source: https://github.com/cucholix/TotK-graphic-plugin
I just beat TOTK with the 900p mod and my God the battle with Ganon in his dragon form looked fantastic! I tried using the 1080p mod but for some reason I can't get the gpu boost mod to work for me and would get 20fps after oc everything else. 900p fighting the Ganon and the dragon was a steady 30fps oc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up