ROM Hack Pinball FX - Graphic mod

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it include slots for the South Park and Williams tables? Because they suggested that patch was going to be notable.

From Zen: "Nintendo Switch graphical update will arrive this with patch, all tables should look as intended starting October 12."

It should be more than just "noticeable" if I am reading it correctly.

There's no spaces for the tables but it says "© copyright South park ™, comedy Central™" etc etc etc in legal section. So maybe it's like timed or something?

I guess we'll see on the 12th 🥹👍
Post automatically merged:

Pinball FX - graphic mod
Updated for 1.0.3.0
Changes:

• 1080p fixed resolution (docked)
  • 720p fixed resolution (handheld)
  • Increased particle effects
  • Disabled all TAA settings (improves performance)
  • Fixed lag in the table preview movie clips
  • Antialiasing changed to FXAA
  • Increased toner sharpener slightly to compensate FXAA
  • Enabled light environment (not sure if works)
  • Cleaned-up code

Wow this actually looks fantastic! A little GPU overclock in handheld to 537mhz docked level will get you 60fps. Wow its actually so much better.

Also, it might be some placebo but I think the physics are improved too with the latest patch. I'll be honest i thought FX was not fun to play. The ball was far far too bouncy and unpredictable and I drained every 10 seconds. But playing around with this it feels so much better and responsive. Again, I could be imagining things but I doubt it.

Last edited by Purple_Shyguy,
Reactions: BigOnYa and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you guys aware of Pinball M? Supposed to be coming out this month. Who knows what condition it'll arrive in on the Switch, but seeing as Zen had their practice with FX on Switch, I am more optimistic. Though, I'd rather have more Williams, bally, stern, etc.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys aware of Pinball M? Supposed to be coming out this month. Who knows what condition it'll arrive in on the Switch, but seeing as Zen had their practice with FX on Switch, I am more optimistic. Though, I'd rather have more Williams, bally, stern, etc.
Agreed. I would like to have all the original classics, but Scary/horror pinball, I don't know. But i'll try it, the more tables the better!

Reactions: tabzer

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country

Duke Nukem 3D is one of my fav games ever and Duke was my top most wished for themes in Pinball FX for ages. I couldn't believe they made a Gearbox pinball without Duke. I actually still can't believe it's real. I can't wait.

Dead By Daylight looks sick and I also love Chucky too! Zen have actually been all out with tables this year. They just announced 3 more tables yesterday. And there's 1 more Pinball M tables and I think one final table to be announced this year that's probably going to be a Williams table. 24 tables this year alone.

So yeah, FX launched in a bad state on Switch but if they can get it optimised and tweaked then that's amazing. I'm so glad and super excited for the 12th to see what they've worked on.

Reactions: tabzer and BigOnYa

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Was there a new FX update along with that DLC drop? I saw one but I didn't know if it was the one that already dropped before. Is it even better now?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Was there a new FX update along with that DLC drop? I saw one but I didn't know if it was the one that already dropped before. Is it even better now?
There was "supposed" to be a graphic update but there's been zero word. And even the mods on their Discord won't respond. So who knows what's happening.

An update 1.0.3 released last week that did actually improve the graphics. But the people at Zen said there was another one coming.

Maybe they got mixed up and 1.0.3 was it? Maybe there's a 1.0.4 coming? Who knows. Stay tuned™

Reactions: tabzer and BigOnYa

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Screenshot_2023-10-20-09-20-56-35_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg

So the new update is out, but it's all a little confusing. It's actually the update we have 1.0.3.0 but the actual table updates are pushed out by the client by connecting online.

So.... Anyone who can't connect online can't get it?

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol