WIP ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by masagrator, Jul 16, 2019.

1. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    The image quality is noticeable improved in manglegroove forest. Take a shot with reversenx and without in the area then compare.

Haven’t tried without overclock, you will notice the fan on Switch goes crazy too.

Edit: I also have a draw distance mod applied, so in my case there’s even more CPU/GPU overload.

Last edited by cucholix, Oct 14, 2019
  2. City Hunter

City Hunter Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2012
    I checked again, but there is really no noticeable difference. I checked for example the faces and they are still washed out, I assume they are clearer in docked mode. Is it possible it is not working, even ReverseNX tool is telling me global docked flag is set?

When you tried with NSP instead of Kips, did you delete the kips first or did you just add the NSP folder too?

Also do I do something wrong or is it correct to go first to album (hb menu) then start reversenx tool check that global docked flag is set, exit with “x”, press home button to return to home screen and start the game normally from there?

3. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    The game uses dynamic resolution depending on the GPU workload, make sure play with charger at docked speed.

You will notice the fan will spin way faster than it does in handheld mode.

Important: after you copy the nsp folder make sure to reboot atmosphere.

Last edited by cucholix, Oct 15, 2019
    one-piece likes this.
  4. ignare

ignare Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    United States
    So I tried this out and it didn't seem to have any effect on my switch in handheld mode.
    Then I deleted it after disabling it on ReverseNX tool.
    But then when I docked my Switch, it's stuck on 720p. It looks like it's stuck in handheld mode even when docked. I don't know how to fix this.
    I'm using Atmosphere.

5. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Probably you have set flags for handled on everything?

6. ignare

ignare Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    United States
    I believe I unset them, but in that case do I need to put ReverseNX back on to fix it?

7. masagrator
    OP

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    If it still hangs to handheld, then you didn't delete it correctly. Delete SaltySD folder, delete kip file or nsp folder (depends on what you have used) and restart Switch.

8. City Hunter

City Hunter Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2012
    Does it matter in which folder I save the reversenx tool nrp or it will work regardless as long as I browse to it and open it? It’s still not working for me, although the tool tells me global docked flag is set...

9. one-piece

one-piece Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    Mexico
    Delete and redownload everything and restart Atmos to make it work.

Here are some tips to know:
    -If you are unsure if its working, run a game like Mario Maker 2, that have something blocked in one mode (in MM2 you can only move the cursor with the buttons and stick in docked mode, handheld mode only use touchscreen and doesn't show the cursor when making courses)
    -You can't change modes when a game is running. You can set the flags, but it will only take effect when closing and restarting the game.
    -Some games are tied to overclocking, like Dragon Quest, so you will only see a difference in handheld with docked flag, when overclocked.
    -in dragon quest you can tell between handheld vs docked by seeing the 2D artwork of the items. In handheld is badly compressed, like very distorted.

10. MonMonz

MonMonz GBAtemp Fan

Nov 7, 2014
    Egypt
    am trying docked mode in handheld for TW3 how to check if it worked or not?

11. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    it looks more sharp and the icons and size of text is smaller when docked i think, but with dinamyc resolution both modes are the same if OC or/and graphic mods
    20% more of grass i read

Last edited by Csmrcc, Oct 17, 2019
  12. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Witcher 3 in docked and handheld works almost the same. Docked has higher minimal dynamic resolution, slightly thicker grass and will ask you for controller at the beginning of game.
    Both modes are trying to get to 720p.

MonMonz likes this.
  13. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    I can confirm i've gotten it to work on firmware 8.1, and sx 2.9.2. Thank you so much for this!

14. Modzvilleusa

Modzvilleusa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    United States
    How does setting this up change Overclocking Configs for sys-clk? Let's say I have mine setup with the handheld flag, Will my docked overclock settings still be applied when docked?

15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    sys-clk uses the mode your console is really in, not the one reversenx says.

Modzvilleusa likes this.
  16. Modzvilleusa

Modzvilleusa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    United States
    Awesome thank you!

hippy dave likes this.
  17. nex86

nex86 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2017
    Gambia, The
    is there a fix for 9.0.1 ?
    the NSP gives me a sept crash screen when loading into HBL and the KIP doesn't load at all.

18. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    What are you using? Because without CFW and payload I won't help you.

19. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Is there a sure way to quickly test if ReverseNX is working? Like a certain game who's intro changing because of docked mode (controlls notification etc) instead of looking in a log?

Im using it on SX OS 2.9.2 and placed the folder in the SX OS folder. and ofc the salty Sd folder.

20. gangs_08

gangs_08 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2015
    Luxembourg
    So irritating thread... Please somebody say a clear yes or no:
    On the newest SX OS, does work...
    1.) ReverseNX?
    2.) ReverseNX-Tool?
    3.) sys-clk?
    4.) sys-clk editor?
    5.) freebird?

Thank you :)