Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I get this error when launching the app.
View attachment 92778
Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post.
It's hard to tell exactly what's causing this but my guess is you have something (most likely an antivirus) interfering with the download of the title keys.
Please try adding WiiU_USB_Helper.exe to the exception list and see if it helps.

b1313515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes when I try to download a big title it stops with a timeout error; Unfortunately, when it starts again, the program checks ALL the already download files until it finds the one that was interrupted.
Now, if it's a small title that wouldn't be a big deal, but for titles with hundreds of files it means that on every timeout it wastes a LOT of time on unnecessary re-check of already downloaded files.
Could you fix this annoying behavior so the program keeps track of the file that was downloading and restarts from that?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sometimes when I try to download a big title it stops with a timeout error; Unfortunately, when it starts again, the program checks ALL the already download files until it finds the one that was interrupted.
Now, if it's a small title that wouldn't be a big deal, but for titles with hundreds of files it means that on every timeout it wastes a LOT of time on unnecessary re-check of already downloaded files.
Could you fix this annoying behavior so the program keeps track of the file that was downloading and restarts from that?
Thank you for your suggestion.
Under normal circumstanced timeouts should be very rare and the verification process has been optimized for speed but I can understand your frustration.

I donated a couple of hours ago and have yet to receive my donor code
Please check your emails I have replied to your message.

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games installed with this dont need the gamepad on at boot to play? I can just use my wii u pro to turn the system on and just select it from the wii u menu?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Games installed with this dont need the gamepad on at boot to play? I can just use my wii u pro to turn the system on and just select it from the wii u menu?
That depends on the game, some will require a gamepad like Paper Mario Color Splash.
BotW does not.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to set the directory for this. I choose Smash Bros, I set the download directory but every time I do, the program says "fetching the title keys" and restarts the program. Not only that, but a DATA folder with emulators generated. Whatever happened to a simple game directory?

Edit: @Hikari06 Every time I choose a directory for download/extraction, the program resets itself? How do I fix this?

Edit 2: Never mind, it's just in DATA/USA/GAMES

sorry :(

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey @Hikari06

The "Pack to CIA" option seems to have broken during my downloading so now I have a bunch of RAW folders/files. Is there an easy way to go back through them and have them converted into a CIA?
The application only packs the cia if asked to when downloading.
What you can do is select all the games marked as downloaded in the list, right click then chose 'Pack to CIA (3DS)'

Reactions: gamecaptor

Djordje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello,my usb helper,which I used to play mario kart 8,after not using for 15 days,said that it is not recommended to update,and after i opened it again,It says error,and that it might be an interfering antivirus .
This is the info:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1. (C:\Users\aca\AppData\Local\Hikari06\WiiU_USB_Helper.exe_Url_ibroxqrvx2the1mjvyqzqnxngxtxbeuq\1.0.0.0\user.config line 15) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_AppSettings()
at System.Windows.Forms.DpiHelper.Initialize()
Please help me,I will probably donate money if mario kart 8 continues to work great!

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello,my usb helper,which I used to play mario kart 8,after not using for 15 days,said that it is not recommended to update,and after i opened it again,It says error,and that it might be an interfering antivirus .
This is the info:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1. (C:\Users\aca\AppData\Local\Hikari06\WiiU_USB_Helper.exe_Url_ibroxqrvx2the1mjvyqzqnxngxtxbeuq\1.0.0.0\user.config line 15) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_AppSettings()
at System.Windows.Forms.DpiHelper.Initialize()
Please help me,I will probably donate money if mario kart 8 continues to work great!
It's possible that your config file has been damaged.
Can you try removing %localappdata%/Hikari06 and see if it helps?
You will lose your current settings but if you set the same download location as before you won't lose any content (remember to select in the app the directory which contains DATA, not DATA itself)

Djordje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's possible that your config file has been damaged.
Can you try removing %localappdata%/Hikari06 and see if it helps?
You will lose your current settings but if you set the same download location as before you won't lose any content (remember to select in the app the directory which contains DATA, not DATA itself)
Where can I remove that from,I am pretty new here.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I didn't set the same download location...Will then I play the game from the beggining?
No you just need to set the same location using the "Set download location" button.
Just input the same exact location as the one you set the first time you ran the app.

Djordje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I dont remember(I first run it a month ago),and I don't know where can I find that button.If I don't do that,will I start all over again,as it is not a big problem for me?I will however donate soon.Also,will my app update by itself,or I have to stop it somehow?

Last edited by Djordje,

Djordje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I downloaded mario kart and cemu to the folder that it said,but after i start the game,it siy that the emulator stopped working,I re-downloaded everything again,but it stopped working.Please help me..

Last edited by Djordje,

Djordje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
No you just need to set the same location using the "Set download location" button.
Just input the same exact location as the one you set the first time you ran the app.
Game just crashes as it loads to the mario kart 8 screen and say "Wii U emulator stopped working",please help me

Послато са Nexus 5 уз помоћ Тапатока

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(