Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Back again! I have one small favour/request for the app.

Would it be possible to strip all special characters, or provide an option to strip all special characters from folder names.

The reason I ask is for some reason when running the app via wine, it can't find the folders for apps that have special characters and ends up causing the download queue to abort.

I appreciate this probably doesn't affect many of your users, but I would be over the moon if it's something you could look to implement when you get a spare minute!

Many thanks

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Back again! I have one small favour/request for the app.

Would it be possible to strip all special characters, or provide an option to strip all special characters from folder names.

The reason I ask is for some reason when running the app via wine, it can't find the folders for apps that have special characters and ends up causing the download queue to abort.

I appreciate this probably doesn't affect many of your users, but I would be over the moon if it's something you could look to implement when you get a spare minute!

Many thanks
Thank you for your feedback.
If possible I would like not to change the way games are stored since it would require me to rename the folders of everyone for the app to continue detecting them.
I am not too knowledgeable about wine but maybe there are some some settings you can adjust to make it compatible with unicode characters?

Last edited by Hikari06,

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your feedback.
If possible I would like not to change the way games are stored since it would require me to rename the folders of everyone for the app to continue detecting them.
I am not too knowledgeable about wine but maybe there are some some settings you can adjust to make it compatible with unicode characters?
Thanks for your response, I am currently out of the country, but will try when I get home, apparently calling the app like:
LANG="en_GB.utf8" wine Updater.exe

Is this the sort of thing you were expecting?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the special character problem is one of the most frequent issues the users of your app run into, and it would be helpful if you could resolve it within the app. It looks like you keep a database of titles. If that's the case, maybe you could add a field for filtered title, then match against either for detection, but always create file/folder names using the filtered one.

Reactions: Velocity

saW07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I tested the first program (Wii U USB Helper) on my friend`s laptop and it worked (as I expected) , so I suppose the problem is with my laptop or those programs do not work with windows 7 .

peepoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Small problem here.

Did a fresh install. Picked USA region.
Worked great.
I clicked 'change region', switched to EUR just so I could browse the eshop and see what was there.
Worked great.
I clicked 'change region' to switch back to USA.
Now the app is showing me all EUR and USA titles together, and I can't figure out how to get back to a USA-only view.

quaelgeist

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why do you all refuse to develop your tools in something platform independent? Is it so hard for you to work yourself into java or python3? Why is it that all the NUS tools are in something dotnet? :wtf:

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Do it yourself then you ungrateful sod.

Devs take time out of their own lives to develop these tools for free and you come on and whine about it? GTFO

Reactions: Reid_Dead

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
In Wii U USB Helper, is the ticket of Breath of the Wild there, or do you need to download a ticket from the net?
Wii U USB Helper gets its tickets from that title key site. So no, you do not have to download anything else, just specify the address of that site and off you go :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why do you all refuse to develop your tools in something platform independent? Is it so hard for you to work yourself into java or python3? Why is it that all the NUS tools are in something dotnet? :wtf:
Do you think this is an appropriate way to ask a question ?
Has it occurred to you that I might just prefer coding in C# ?
Besides, the application does work on linux so your point is not valid.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an update v16 for Devil's Third (USA) when using this, but if I just launch the game without installing it.... the game doesn't update itself. I know the online servers were taken down so could v16 have just been related to online play - thus it's not being pushed automatically anymore when launching the game?

Edit 1: Okay, so that's probably not the reason as I discovered the following titles also have updates from this app, but do not get auto pushed. Anyone know why? There's probably more, but this is just what I've come across thus far. All are v16 updates.

Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
M & S at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Mario Party 10
Star Fox Zero

Edit 2: Possibly they were updates for the disc versions only & the versions on the eShop already came with the v16 updates? That's my best and probably the actual answer.

Edit 3: Wonderful 101 was a v16 update but it was auto pushed when I started the game. There has to be some reason why other v16 updates do not get pushed, yet they exist on the servers.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

zyrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to transfer the Game from the PC to external drive directly? SD card is 2gb...

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just got the latest update of this and every time I start it Windows media player also starts never used to do that so don't know why it is doing that lol if it helps I use Windows 7.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
There is an update v16 for Devil's Third (USA) when using this, but if I just launch the game without installing it.... the game doesn't update itself. I know the online servers were taken down so could v16 have just been related to online play - thus it's not being pushed automatically anymore when launching the game?

Okay, so that's probably not the reason as I discovered the following titles also have updates from this app, but do not get auto pushed. Anyone know why? There's probably more, but this is just what I've come across thus far. All are v16 updates.

Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
M & S at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Mario Party 10
Star Fox Zero
The Wonderful 101

Edit 2: Possibly they were updates for the disc versions only & the versions on the eShop already came with the v16 updates? That's my best and probably the actual answer.
It is possible, I haven't looked into that though so I cannot confirm
Is it possible to transfer the Game from the PC to external drive directly? SD card is 2gb...
Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
No that is not possible. The drive is encrypted and although we can decrypt it we don't know how the file system works
I just got the latest update of this and every time I start it Windows media player also starts never used to do that so don't know why it is doing that lol if it helps I use Windows 7.
Err that's really strange. I mean I don't know how that's possible :/ Are you launching the app from Updater.exe?

Last edited by Hikari06,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is possible, I haven't looked into that though so I cannot confirm

No that is not possible. The drive is encrypted and although we can decrypt it we don't know how the file system works

Err that's really strange. I mean I don't know how that's possible :/ Are you launching the app from Updater.exe?

Yes from updater.exe I thought it was strange also so thats why I mentioned it. It's not really a problem more a minor inconvenience lol.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes from updater.exe I thought it was strange also so thats why I mentioned it. It's not really a problem more a minor inconvenience lol.
Yeah thing is I have absolutely no idea of what could be causing the issue. Do you have any other computer you can try it on?
I doubt this is coming from the app but it wouldn't hurt to make sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s